Nothing Special

The Demon Lord's Bride

"Talk" I commanded.

"About what?" Tiffany asked, as she plopped yet another one of my blue diamond almonds into , careful not to stain the almonds with her red lipstick.

"How did you break into my house" I asked. I crossed my arms, not use to how bare they felt with no protection from the sleeves of my hoodie.

"Ohh, your Mom was just heading out to get the groceries when Taecyeon and I got here. She opened the door for us and invited us in" Tiffany answered, as she passed the packet of Nut toward Taecyeon. Taeyceon politely declines and returned a professionally expressionless gaze at me. But with Taecyeon; his professional expressionless gaze was the 'Lost like a panda trapped in Alaska' variety. Completely out of place. Then the image of me standing completely in front of him flashed into my head. I quickly turned back to Tiffany.

"You could have warned me-"

"I called you 3 times, Kendall. I tried" Tiffany nodded.

"My phone was in my room" I sighed long and hard. 

"That can't be helped" Tiffany reasoned as she turned to me setting my almond down. "Now, if the interrogation is done. I'd like us, to go"

"Go.....Where?"

"Breakfast!" Tiffany smiled happily as she charged out of my room.

The room was then left empty except for Taecyeon and I. Beautiful. Just beautiful.

And finally he decided to get up as well, taking his leave out my room.

"Taeyceon..." I heard myself blurted. I turned to him, "What you saw this morning...Pretend you didn't see it-"

"Maybe your giving yourself too much credit..."

Wait.

What?

"It's not the first time I've seen a female body"

This er.

"I'm not " I spat. And I was more pissed then I thought would've been possible.

"Your not anything special either" he answered, before he left the room.

You see. I'm not suppose to feel anything. I'm not suppose to be mad. Nor am I suppose to feel sad. Why should I feel anything towards a nobody. His words shouldn't have hurt me. Because it should barely have any effect on me. I glanced up at the ceiling from my room. So why do I feel like I've just been slapped? It was worst the humiliation. But why was he suddenly so insensitive...

But then again.

I. Don't. Care.

"Kendall! Let's get going" Came Tiffany's voice echoed.

"I'll be right there!" I hollered, I glanced at the mirror behind me.

I quickly made an effort to fan the red out of my eyes, try to dry the moisture that started to mysteriously appear in them also. I saw the reflection, took in a deep breathe. Swallowing a unexpected sob. I stared at the pathetic reflection that wore such a sad expression, who was gazing back at me. No. I'm not suppose to look like this... I'm not suppose to feel like this. Don't let it get to you...

I slowly chanted to myself. I closed my eyes for a second.

I'm nothing special...

I opened it again.

Miraculously, the redness disappeared.

I sighed. "I'm coming" I cried before running down the stairs.

.

.

.

 

" Are we going to go eat breakfast first?" I asked, I swiped across my galaxy searching for my horoscope app. Pressing my index finger onto the app, the colorful display of the twelve horoscopes popped up onto my screen.

Virgo.

Let's see what's up for today...Perhaps it would forewarn some of the incidents that happened this morning.

This is a day when you will probably have to read between the lines, untangled mixed messages, and interpret someone's passive aggressive behavior. Nothing will be what it seems where human behavior is concerned. That's why you need to be extra sensitive and very highly focused.

My eye's narrowed naturally. And so it is.

"Mmm, Let's go get some egg and sausage with hash brown at the diner near the highway" Tiffany proposed from the front seat. She turned to Taecyeon who was the driver for the destination.

"Okay" Taecyeon answered, his attention seemingly focused on the streets. I studied them silently from my isolate corner in the back seat. Had it not been 8 hours ago, that they were not speaking. And fighting over who talks to whom first. I sigh. Female and Male relations nowadays. Are too complicated for a mere mortal like me to comprehend.

I sighed loudly.

"Kendall!" Tiffany cried she turned from her front seat. Lifting her Chanel sunglasses while she glanced up at me with her perfectly done eyes.

"What" I yelped, She leaned further towards the back.

"You keep sighing" She protested. Oh, okay now.

"I was just breathing a little loudly...more loudly then usual" I answered modestly.

"You sound like your nostrils are about to explode...." Tiffany sang as she turned back around. That's it. I'm not going to breathe anymore. When I die due to lack of oxygen, and just pass out in this car. They will mourn in front of my grave. They will sob and confess how completely wrong they were to mock me. My breathing. Yes they will be guilt ridden forever. And ever. Nothing can possibly safe them from their guilt-Does the time say 9:54 in the Car?

The Hell, 9:54 And we're only going to eat breakfast?!

"Oh My God, We're late for class" I cried.

"Kendall...." Tiffany started again, this time her voice calm and restricted. "It's Saturday"

"Oh...right" I yawned loudly,"Almost forgot"

"What time did you get home yesterday. I heard Taecyeon Oppa dropped you off around 11 at your brothers" Tiffany started.

I blinked. Caught off guard by the question. So...he told her.

"Yeah"

"So caring and gentlemanly. That's so nice of you, Oppa" Tiffany cried as she brushed her hands against Taecyeon's.

"It was just a coincident"

I smiled, as I nodded in agreement.

"Exactly. Nothing special"