Oh Ah

My Worst/Best Choice

Jungmin grabbed Chohee’s wrist and pulled her in the other direction. More clicks came as the cameraman kept following them slowly. They got to the lifts and just managed to shut the doors before their pursuer came too close.


He held his button against the close door before quickly pressing the number for the bottom floor. Chohee looked at him, eyes wide. “Was that the paparazzi; how did they know where you live?”

Jungmin hit a fist against the wall of the lift causing the hollow sound to resonate. “They said the security would be tight here… This isn’t good.”

He glanced at Chohee. It looked as if the breath had been taken out of her for her face was clouded with worry. “Oppa what do we do?”

“We can’t do anything yet.” Jungmin hated that and wanted to bite his own tongue. He had to try and reassure her somehow. “But you’re not recognised by the public yet so there won’t be too much interest I think.”

She lifted her head to eye him. “But you’re well known still… Your fans will be suspicious if anything.”

He nodded. “I can’t deny that yes. We’ll sit tight, my company should know what action to take when and if they release anything.”

 

Chohee didn’t respond to it. She released a breath and put her hands behind her. Jungmin caught a glimpse before they were hidden. She was trembling still. In his mind Jungmin decided that he was going to have to be more upfront with her just to keep her safe.


The bottom floor came, the doors starting to open. Jungmin had reason to believe that there would be more of the pests waiting outside at least if not in there. Taking his arm he pulled Chohee close so she was directly next to him.


“Stay close to me and keep your head down. We’ll leave in my car.”

“Oppa why am I—“

The doors were open. Jungmin quickly led Chohee with him going to the front door. A person with a camera clicked it in front of them. The noise made Chohee jump, her foot slipped on the step.

 

Turning to her Jungmin notice her start to fall, the cameramen clicking madly at the scene not caring that Chohee could get hurt. He got his hand and placed it around her waist pulling her upright. Chohee drew in breath and didn’t get to ask him about it before they kept on walking down. Jungmin’s van came at the front and parked, the sliding door opened with his manager.

“Hyung help!”

His manager didn’t dare ask questions and helped the two into the vehicle. He took up the position as the driver again just as Jungmin slid the door shut.

 

 

“What was that?” His manager asked, peering at them through the rear view mirror, “how did they find out where you live? Why is she with you?”

“Fans, saesangs I don’t know maybe they found out some other way.” Jungmin took his jacket off from the heat. He glanced at Chohee who was looking at her ankle.

“Are you ok?”

She pressed a spot where the joint was and winced. “I think I may have twisted it a little.” Sensing he may be concerned she looked up at him. “I should be ok oppa.”

“Are you sure?”


She nodded. “Yes but thank you for helping me back there…” Her trailing off made Jungmin wonder whether she was embarrassed or put off by him touching her so intimately, in front of a dozen cameras.


“So where does she need to be?” His manager asked trying to be helpful.


“I work near here.” Jungmin was surprised. “It’s just a coffee shop part time. I don’t know when I’ll get my break.”

“Ok we can drop you off then.”

 

Jungmin leaned back against his seat. He lifted his head and suddenly realised he had his arm stretched out behind her. If his manager suddenly braked it would be on her shoulders.


But Chohee didn’t notice, her face was clouded but he knew it was probably about what happened that morning.
“Chohee, it will be alright—“

 

“—I knew I shouldn’t have stayed the night.” Her voice sounded miserable. “I’ve caused trouble for you and your company.”

He didn’t know what made her say that. Now he was going to have to explain that wasn't the case. “Hey that’s not true—“

“—wait,” his manager interrupted. “D-did she stay the night?” Jungmin agreed. “Y-you mean?” Chohee’s eyes widened in shock at the thought, Jungmin wanted the ground to swallow up where he was.

“NO, it was nothing like that hyung!”

“Ok I just wanted to check.” The car became quiet. Chohee had her face to the window, partly to hide her embarrassment and to keep an eye out for her work.

She soon spotted it and asked his manager to pull over. His manager explained to her that because someone would recognise the car she would have to get out quick but Chohee didn’t appeared concerned about this.


“Have a good day,” Jungmin called to her and waved. Chohee made a small wave before shutting the door. They pulled away from the curb and drove to Jungmin’s work. He was going to be busy for the next week or so.


On the drive his manager made a noise with his tongue. It was the same sort of sound that a parent would do to their disobedient child. Jungmin was quick to respond. “Hey what’s with that? What have I done that deserves it?!”

“Have you told her how you feel?” Jungmin felt like he’d been slapped. “Ah so you haven’t. Why haven’t you said something to her then?”

Jungmin turned his head to watch the scenery fly by. “Before I didn’t like her; so I think she doesn’t like me in that way because we were rocky to begin with.”

“Still, saying nothing is going to cause more issues than if you just grew a pair and told her.”

Jungmin’s mouth dropped open, “HEY HYUNG!”

“No as your manager I’m not sorry for saying that.” Jungmin heaved a sigh, pouting from the rebuttal, “just something for you to think about. Otherwise it’s going to be hard for you to protect her without appearing weird.”


His manager had a point. Jungmin didn’t want to get his hopes up about the photographs. He would find out later whether they published anything or not.

 


 

Checking the web that evening during his break brought a large blow to Jungmin. Several of the most popular search engines had the terms ‘Jungmin’s hidden woman’ and ‘Park Jungmin’s girl is who?’ as the most popularly searched.

He couldn’t hide his frustration. Biting the edge of his lip his finger hovered over the link to one of the news articles. The window went white as the page loaded. When the wait was over Jungmin’s eyes widened from the disbelief. The pictures used were as they were leaving his apartment and another from Chohee’s fall.


The article’s opening sentences read: fans of SS501 and of Park Jungmin are in a state of chaos over the sudden discovery that their beloved idol is in a relationship after he was seen leaving his apartment with a woman tightly at his side. They were reported to be coming out around seven thirty am where the pair hurried down to his car waiting at the front.

He closed the article  without daring to check the comments and leaned back against the wall letting his head slightly bang. They had no idea of the truth behind the incident. But he would have to speak to his company when the chance came, that is if there was one.

His phone started ringing. To his surprise it was his father. Jungmin wasn’t sure of the last time he’d spoken to him. It was part of having a busy life.

Accepting the call he tried to answer cheerfully. “Dad how have you been; it’s been a while since we talked.”

“Those articles on the internet,” like father like son usually. However this time it was like son like father. “Are they telling the truth? Was my son caught having a woman stay over?”

Jungmin froze. His father believed in living right but it would be his word over the speculation of a dozen faceless journalists. Taking a deep breath Jungmin started to speak. “It was a misunderstanding dad.”

“So you say, who do I believe in this case?”

“Dad that is not fair you should believe me!”

“Hold on, your mother wants to talk to you.” Jungmin had to wait for the phone to be passed on the line.

“Jungmin-ah, its mum, how are you dear? Are you eating well? Is the company causing you troubles still?”

Hearing his mother’s voice was like medicine to his troubled soul. “Mum I’m fine, I did nothing wrong and neither did Chohee—“

“—ah is that her name?” Jungmin then had to explain to his mother about her and how they knew each other. He also mentioned that he liked her but wasn’t sure how she felt.


“I’m sure you likes you dear. You’re a bright and fun person to be with.”

“You’re saying that because you’re my mum.”


His mother chuckled on the end of the line. “I know but still you deserve a girl who is going to love you back dearly.” They talked a little more before Jungmin had to end the call. His break was over and he had to go back to work.

 

Soon the other members may end up contacting him. They usually checked up on each other when scandals came out but they had done well to not stir up a lot of issues. Still it would be more than unlikely that they would over look this one.

Sure enough the moment he got home he heard his phone ringing again. Taking it out Jungmin was surprised at the name. Why was he calling first? He expected someone else to be the first to reach him.

 


A cute moment mixed in with a lot of twists. Let’s see how these two get out of it.