Sin

My Worst/Best Choice

Jungmin made Chohee a coffee and placed it in front of her. She sat there, motionless for about half an hour, taking slow sips. He tried to coax her into speaking but she said little or nothing.

Eventually she’d finished her drink and started to move. “I should go. Thank you for the coffee oppa. I’ll see myself out.”

“What are you doing it’s nearly midnight!” Jungmin had to take bounds across his home to reach the front door first. He spread himself out wide as much as he could.


Chohee looked up at him and then spoke in a low voice. “Oppa move, I’ll get a taxi home.”

“And let you get seized by some ert no way!”

“But I have to get home; I can’t just stay here huh?!” She exclaimed, her voice going up a notch. “I’d rather sleep on the street than here!”

“I’m not moving.”


The two stood there for a bit, neither of them budging. Eventually Chohee heaved a sigh and turned around going to the couch. She lay down on her back, head to the ceiling. Jungmin peered over the side and she jumped.

“What are you doing here? You can have my bed tonight.”

Quickly sitting up and turning away from him Chohee declined. “No I can’t, that would be weird.”

“No it wouldn’t; at least not as weird as it would be if I asked you to share a bed with me!”
 

Now the atmosphere was weird. Jungmin had to undo a button on his jacket while Chohee had both hands pressed against her cheeks.

“Sorry, I’m not trying to hit on you or anything.”

Chohee made a curt nod but Jungmin then became concerned. How was he going to recover from that blunder? Going around to her Jungmin took her hand. “Come on I insist you can sleep there tonight.”

She reclaimed her hand back much to his surprise. “No, thank you oppa but I’d rather just sleep here. Please don’t force me to do anything just because it would be better for me. This isn’t my house; if I do that it’s going to be awkward.”

Jungmin realised she was not willing to move. Glancing around and then peering down at the floor he gave in. “Alright, I’ll grab you a pillow and blanket. Please wait a moment.”

He went to his room but first banged his head against his mirror softly. After he’d disciplined himself he took the pillow and blanket back to the living room, handing them to Chohee.


“Thank you,” she said laying the pillow down and then the blanket next to her feet. “I can manage.”

“Alright,” he began to slowly leave. “Good night Chohee.”

“Good night.”


 

Jungmin took his sweet time in getting ready for bed. Mainly from the fact he kept going into the living room to see if Chohee was still awake. She was before he stepped into the shower and when he came back, drying his hair, changed into his sleepwear.

 

He couldn’t help but refreshing that single line about not hitting on her in his head. Chohee’s heart would have surely closed up a little from that. After all if a guy said that then it implied he wasn’t interested.

 

But he was and he didn’t know what else he should do. Taking it slow was becoming painful and when he tried to be obvious she blankly disregarded it. Soon she may move on to another guy who may go overboard with a confession but still seal the deal.


Thinking about it just frustrated him. Going to the bed again he saw she was no longer sitting up but had lain down. The blanket was crumpled against her ankles, head against the pillow, and both hands next to each other.
 

She looked so peaceful, sleeping there that Jungmin had to swallow hard, afraid his pulse had risen. He stayed frozen in his position, breathing in and out as slow as he could.


Maybe it had been a good idea for her to sleep there after all. If it had been his bed he didn’t know what beastly urges that manifested within could suddenly turn into friendship ruining capabilities.


But she did look cold. Going to the end where her feet were he picked up the edge of the blanket and pulled it over, stopping at her shoulders. Now that was done he could go back except something felt incomplete. He wanted a little more.


At her head his hand hovered there, moving back and forth in hesitation. If Chohee wasn’t sleeping then he wouldn’t have a good excuse for his actions. Where here she would not notice or remember by the next day.


Finally Jungmin gave in. His hand took some hair, gently moving it away from her cheek. It trailed behind her and he did the same with the remaining few strands.
Her cheek felt warm. He could not just leave it alone. Venturing further into the pool of his hidden desires Jungmin’s hand stayed there. His thumb slowly traced over the line of her jaw like a feather. She stirred but then didn’t wake.


Eventually he moved away to go to the chair opposite, sitting there and watching as she slept. It felt a little peculiar; he’d never done it with another girl before. However with her he felt the need to keep an eye on her closely not just for his own personal wishes.

He yawned, his eyes blinking, lids getting heavier. “Chohee,” he paused for another yawn. “Chohee why can’t you see what it is I feel for you? Have you really decided I wasn’t interested?”


The lights had been turned off hours ago. It was getting later. Jungmin leaned back against his chair, doing what he could to fight the sleepiness. However his body became so drowsy that he just drifted off regardless of where he was.

 

 

Jungmin woke to the sound of his phone alarm going off in his bedroom. Sitting up he peered around his surroundings. The table was higher than before and the chair he’d been sitting on empty.


Somehow he’d fallen off his chair and landed on the floor. No wonder his hip and his shoulder felt stiff. Chohee moved where she was, starting to wake. Jungmin plodded back to his room to turn off his alarm.


When he came back Chohee was sitting up, rubbing her eyes. “Morning,” Jungmin said clearing his throat shortly afterwards. Chohee murmured the same back before grabbing her bag by the couch. Holding her phone she suddenly sat up, picking up her blanket and starting to fold it. “Oh my gosh I should go.”

“What’s the rush?” Jungmin asked while he stood against the microwave, pressing the buttons with a beep. “You should eat something.”

“I cannot,” Chohee stood up to stretch her legs. “I’ve already taken advantage of your hospitality by sleeping here.”


“Rubbish I asked you to stay the night and you slept there even when I offered you the bed.” Jungmin sat down opposite her. “Tell you what. Let’s make a deal huh?”

Chohee raised her eyebrows in curiosity. “If you stay for breakfast then this will be the last time I make you stay the night ok?”

Sitting there for a moment Chohee agreed. “Good I’ll get the food.” Jungmin disappeared back into the kitchen as the microwave beeped. Chohee went through her bag again, getting some lip balm and applying it.

She glanced at Jungmin who was spooning the food into two bowls. Before she could ask what was on her mind Jungmin was back and gave her a bowl. “I’ll get changed and then we’ll leave soon.”


All that time Chohee hadn’t realised he was in his pyjamas still. Although it was too late she averted her eyes quickly, covering them with a hand while Jungmin went back to his room. He came back ten minutes later in loose trousers, a t-shirt and sneakers in his left hand, keys, phone and wallet in the right.


They ate steadily for Jungmin assured Chohee that he didn’t have to be out of the house for another fifteen minutes. Chohee however ate quite fast, almost choking on some. “Are you alright?” Jungmin rose in order to go and aid her. But she shook her head, pausing as the food went down.

“I’m fine.”


They finished and Jungmin put the bowls in the sink. They both put their shoes on and went to open the door. There was a noise outside causing Chohee to stop. She grabbed his arm. “Did you hear that?”

Jungmin looked at her. “Hear what?”

“There’s someone outside.”

Seeing her concerned he smirked. “Its fine, leave it to oppa I’ll take care of you.” With that confidence he opened the front door. He came out first, Chohee following. He closed the door behind, a click sound coming out of nowhere.

Both of them jumped, becoming frozen. Jungmin suddenly pulled Chohee closer to him, still looking around. And then he saw it, around the corner, a glint coming from the shiny lens of the camera.

They were not alone.

 



Oh no more trouble what’s going to happen now?