An Awkward Meeting

My Worst/Best Choice

The two men ducked their heads as people passed them in the automatic doors. One of them held flowers in his hand, bound together with a ribbon in a simple bouquet. Simple because it was only pink and white with a little yellow blended amongst the larger flowers.


“Where’s the gate?” He spoke a little too loud so his friend slapped a hand over his mouth.


“There.” His friend removed it, “now relax you’re making me nervous and usually I’m the one that is excited.”

“You should be Jungmin,” Hyungjun stated. “After a year we finally meet again. I’m so nervous I don’t know whether I look decent, I cleaned my teeth at least three times and kept away from Twitter just so they wouldn’t know.”


Jungmin laughed, thumping Hyungjun on the back. “You look fine, truthfully I wondered whether those black jeans would work with your outfit but it appears I was wrong.”


Hyungjun eyed him. He couldn’t help but wonder at times whether his friend was really normal. Of course Jung Min was on his best behaviour for today. At least until they were out of the public eye.


Jungmin noticed two girls staring at him. Quickly tipping his cap down to hide his face he nudged Hyung Jun in the side. “Possible Green Peas at three o’clock; we should hide.”

Hyungjun gave him a funny look. “Hide where? Do you know how tall you are?”

“Oh right,” that got him laughing. Panicking Hyung Jun had to drag Jung Min further away from the gate they were meant to be waiting near. He put a finger on his lips. “Shh we cannot be loud.”


“Hey the people are coming out,” Jungmin pointed. Hyungjun turned around. Sure enough weary travellers were making their way out of the doors to the people sitting or standing with card signs. Dark blonde hair appeared, down and free. Before Jungmin knew it his friend was making his way to her.


Shaking his head with a chuckle Jungmin followed. After all he was there for Hyung Jun. His love sick friend who was finally going to see her again, see the girl that he’d fallen for.


Coming over to them he noticed that she wasn’t alone. Next to her was a girl a little taller. She had black hair that only went just past her shoulders and a fringe. Compared to his friend’s girl she was almost a stark contrast, dark hair, tanned skin and dressed in denim shorts, with a red singlet while the other was in a long floral orange dress.


She hugged Hyungjun who returned the gesture. “It’s so good to see you.” He told her, his cheeks almost bursting from his smile.
“Same here Hyung,” her pet name for him made Jungmin’s fingers want to curl. She noticed Jungmin next to him. “Jungmin oppa how are you?”

“Fine Maddy,” Jungmin said grinning with his top row of teeth. “Your Korean has improved.”

Her face appeared to flush. “That’s a relief, but I had some help.” Shifting her stance so she was on an angle she put a hand on the girl’s shoulder. “This is Chloe; I met her in Hawaii. Actually my parents know her father from when they went there years ago.”

“Hi,” Hyungjun waved to her. Jungmin had to cover his mouth; he almost burst out laughing at his friend’s awkward English tone. Chloe raised her eyebrows at him.

“That’s hilarious,” Jungmin said clapping his hands once. “You really sound weird Hyung Jun.” Focusing on Maddy’s friend he grinned. “Hi I’m Park Jungmin, do you know who we are.” He motioned to himself and Hyung Jun.


Chloe just nodded. This pleased him. “Awesome, do you want our autographs?”

“Jungmin—“


“—No,” Chloe said it straight. Jungmin blinked, caught by surprise. Hyungjun and Maddy just looked at each other, wondering how this would go down.


Jungmin shrugged. “Ok that’s fine, welcome to Korea.”

Chloe glanced at Maddy. “What’s with this guy?”

“Hi,” her head reared back when Jungmin’s hand almost hit her face. “Shall we shake hands?”

Hyungjun whispered something to Maddy. She nodded, “ah Chloe maybe you should tell them your Korean name.”

 

“Alright it’s Moon Chohee.”


 Jungmin retracted his gesture. “Moon Chohee, cool that’s a good name.” His compliment was transparent, without substance. However only Hyung Jun could see this was the case.


Hyungjun spoke to Chohee. “So Chohee what brings you to Korea? Are you visiting family or friends?”

“I’m here to find work.” She answered.
 

“Ok, have any idea where you would like to work?”


“I would like to work with music.”

Jungmin almost did a double take. “Wow really,” he stopped when he saw her look. “Um I didn’t expect it that’s all.”

Hyungjun just smiled. “Since Jungmin and I are active in that field, we’ll be happy to help you in any way if we can.”

“Thank you,” she said nearly smiling. Jungmin wondered whether she even did smile at all. Then again he couldn’t be so quick to judge.



The four of them went to the car park at the back of the airport where Hyungjun’s vehicle was waiting. Jungmin ended up walking beside Chohee for a short while to let the happy couple catch up. Eventually he had to drag Hyungjun away for the fear of his friend getting caught walking closely with a woman other than his mother.


Hyungjun was peeved by Jungmin’s actions yet gave him the benefit of the doubt for now. “So where are we going now?”

“I need to take Maddy to the apartment’s she’ll be staying in.” Maddy caught up with Chohee and the two started talking in English.


“What about her friend?”

“You mean Chohee? We don’t need to worry she’s already got her place arranged from what Maddy told me.”

He saw the expression on Jungmin’s face. Being friends for so long they knew each other almost like the back of their hands. “I know how you feel Jungmin. You can just say it.”

“Sure, yes I am jealous of you and her.” Jungmin glanced over his shoulder. “To think that you managed to find a girl before me is hard to believe. Imagine how our hyungs feel seeing our maknae grown up.”


“It’s not like love is impossible to find.”

“But think about our lives Junnie.” Hyungjun paused to consider this. “We’re so busy that when we did date it was maybe once a month at most. Plus most of the girls I like don’t seem to like me back.”

“Well you do like yourself a lot.” Jungmin feigned annoyance, his hands going to Hyungjun pretending to throttle him. The two laughed softly before the oldest of the pair stopped. “It’s true hyung; your ideal girl would be you… Well in female form.”

“You really do make me feel like I’ll be alone,” Jungmin put a hand on his forehead, dramatically sighing. “Oh my goodness what am I to do?”

“How about once Maddy is settled in for her stay then we can take you out; to make things even better for you we’ll find a nice girl to join us.”


Jungmin held out a hand to shake. “Deal,” they both shook on it. “I’d better get going. Give me a call later tonight ok?”

Hyungjun agreed, his face showing concern. “How is the whole case coming by the way? Have they given much evidence in their defence?”

“Some, they’re putting up a fight though which is what I was afraid of.”

“I feel for you friend, Kibum would have felt the same last year when NH Media decided to cancel his contract. At least being in Japan now will help him start again.”

Jungmin thanked his friend with a small grin. “Things will work out, I don’t know when but they will.” Stopping he caught Maddy and Chohee’s attention with a wave. “I have to go, see you later Maddy.”

“Ok bye good to see you.” Maddy waved back. Cho Hee’s hand was in mid-air. She waved but only moved her wrist and forearm.


“All the best Chohee,” Jungmin called before going towards his van which was pulling out from a park. He didn’t feel like going to the courtroom but until the case was sorted he would have to keep going back. He hoped that somehow his upcoming blind date could cheer him up.




Hi how are we? Wahoo another SS501 fic. I’m not too familiar with Jungmin’s personality so I will go back and revise if necessary. What did we think? Leave me your feedback and friendliness. I’ll receive both happily J