Love like this

My Worst/Best Choice

The fans screamed their hearts out as the lights went out signalling the end of his performance. Jungmin straightened himself up, bowed and then hurried off the stage.
“Well done,” he was told by the staff back stage as he quickly exited, passing a rookie girl group on the way.

 

Going to his dressing room he loosened the tie around his neck and dropped it on the desk. The stylist helped him change out of his suit into his normal everyday clothes.
“Are you sure you aren’t going to stay and see who wins?” His manager asked shortly after knocking and entering.

 

Jungmin was looking at his phone as he shook his head. “Nope I already made plans and I’m not going to cancel again.” This caused a sigh from the other male in the room and Jungmin felt his hackles start to flare in annoyance.


“Hey I already checked with the boss before I even called her up.”

“Fine, that’s fine ok just stay out of trouble.” His manager retired to a chair where he sat down leaning back for a nap.

 

Jungmin used his phone to check his fan café and some of the music rating sites. Looking at the number of registered members almost made his smile retreat, “another three have gone.”

“Are you still looking at that?” He didn’t realise his manager was still awake. “It was unavoidable you realise ever since the news of you dating came out.”

 

Jungmin’s lips turned upwards and his eyelids almost closed on his orbs in delight. Despite the loss of precious fans he still had never been happier. His manager suddenly came up with a thought that made his face lift up in astonishment. “You’ve been with her for what seven months?”

“Just about,” Jungmin said beaming. He checked the time and then excused himself. “I’ll call you when I’m heading home.” His manager called out to tell him to not to be late as the door was swinging shut behind.

 

Getting in his car he waved to a few fans that followed. When he was asked about where he was going he just smiled. This drove them ballistic for the fact they were witnessing his charming whites and that they had no direct answer to where he actually would be.

 

He was still over the moon as he got into his car and drove off. On the road he felt tempted to speed but had to lift his foot slightly from the accelerator. Any misbehaviour would be scolded by her before his parents could put in a word or two.

 


 

He came to the meeting place near a tree. Glancing around took out his phone as he waited. As a message was being typed someone went and tapped him on the back. Turning around he expected to happily greet the stranger when his face lit up even more.

 

She was in a pale mint blouse, white skirt, and white wedges and around her neck were large pearls on a chain with links in between. Her hair was down and straight, black after it had been dyed and her bangs neatly trimmed but she’d parted them in the middle.

“Hi,” he said, “I was wondering when you would get here.”

“Sorry I was a little late,” she said standing with one foot crossed in front of the other. Jungmin peered closer to look at her. He then glanced down at her outfit.


“So is this some of the stuff you bought with mum?”
 

She nodded. “Yes it doesn’t feel like me but—“

He cut her off by giving her a quick hug. She only just hugged back before he moved away; simply because they were in public.
“You look great,” he quickly mentioned, taking her hand and surveying the area. She glanced at him, her eyes watching him. “Oppa what’s the matter?”

“Let’s go for a walk.” He started to lead and she followed in synch. This was how they usually went; she stayed behind while he went in front just a few steps.

 

Shortly after they had been travelling for a few minutes on foot, Chohee stopped all of a sudden. Her orbs got larger in surprise. Jungmin had heard her steps stop so he turned around. “Chohee, what’s wrong?”

Facing him she still appeared awe struck. “Haven’t we been here before?” Stopping to peer around at where they were Jungmin confirmed this.
“Yeah don’t you remember?” He walked up to a restaurant, standing in a spot several metres away from it. “You once sang in this space.”

“Did I really?” She joined him, standing in the area with him. They both had their shoulders against each other, taking in the memory together. Chohee released her breath, speaking first for once. “It feels so weird, to think, ten months ago we were both here…”
 

Jungmin watched her as she took the rest in with silence. He liked watching her face contemplate and absorb things. “So how did the meeting go with them?” She blinked, giving him her attention again.

“Oh um yeah it went good thank you.” When he pinched her cheek Jungmin felt her body temperature rise from his fingertips. She was still somewhat shy around him and he found it cute. They kept on walking, this time Jungmin made sure to stay by her side.

“So in about a year after I’ve done more vocal training, learn to dance and that then I will be debuting.”

“Congratulations!” He picked her up making her squeal. Without warning he spun her around and put her down. She wobbled, having to lean on him for balance. Putting an arm around her only caused Chohee to be more flustered.

 

“Shall we eat?” Chohee was more than happy to comply. They both went into the restaurant and went to a table out of the way.



 


“How many fans have left since…? You know?” Chohee didn’t know how to phrase it in a way that would soften the blow to his self-esteem. Jungmin finished eating before he finished, his voice sounding a little flat.

“About 50,000 at least give or take.”


“I’m sorry,” she closed expressing how she felt for him. As they were walking Jungmin let his arm sit on her shoulders more casually. She stiffened slightly and he just spoke before she could move away.


“We’re going to have to work on this.” He looked her straight in the eye. “You do realise that those people are gone. They won’t hurt you like before ok?”
 

Chohee knew that he was right. The past was the past but for her it still had been a painful time. She still could recall the kinds of comments that had been left about her. Some inflicting more damage than others had done. And Jungmin had stayed, on the sidelines at times because of his work until it had gotten nasty.

 

It took one girl threatening her with a knife to force Jungmin to make a press conference and then have the company press charges for threatening her. Chohee showed him that she’d heard him and left it at that.

 

“Hey,” Jungmin broke through the silence. Chohee waited for him to continue. “Do you realise that it’s been seven months since we started dating?”

The thought only just occurred to Chohee a moment later. She was just as wide eyed like him. “Wow, it really is oppa. I had no idea,” she appeared somewhat disappointed in herself. “If I had known then I would have prepared something or done—“

 

“—don’t worry.” He assured her sensing she would keep fretting if he didn’t do something. “I didn’t think of anything either. My comeback has taken up so much of my time that I have barely had time to relax, eat as much as I want or even see you.”

They found themselves starting to come to a stop. Both of them had no desire to really do anything so they were just walking. The atmosphere went down in mood after Jungmin’s confession so he did what he was used to, being funny.

“Hey Chohee, do you know something?”

She shook her head, not knowing what he was saying. “I guess not,” Jungmin started to laugh before he paused in mid guffaw. “I love you.”

 

Chohee raised her eyebrows as if to question the sincerity with his expression. She then dropped them and shrugged her shoulders. “Oh is that all?” Jungmin’s jaw fell open. What happened to her?

 

For a moment he was kept in utter confusion and possible hurt as she didn’t say anything. Finally she smirked, starting to laugh at his shocked face.
“What’s wrong oppa?” She asked as he tried to speak. “I love you too.”

Jungmin could shut his mouth. She’d said it. She’d told it back to him. Now he felt light as a feather. Letting out a cheer he clapped loudly and grinned almost from ear to ear.


“She loves me! She loves me!” He started to exclaim causing a few people who were in the area to stare. Chohee started to gush so she hung her head down to hide her embarrassment. He came back down to earth soon enough.


“You know what we can do now Chohee?”

Chohee had no idea. “Oppa what are you thinking of?” He was just massive grins that almost covered his whole face. She was going to ask him again if he hadn’t stepped closer to her; his head coming down. Chohee was half anticipating he would initiate some physical contact and half not expecting anything serious.


But that changed when his mouth was against hers. Jungmin had his hands on her shoulders to keep her in place. Chohee let herself submit to the rising heat of their love, her eyelids closing in bliss.  

 

The two came away soon after, their gazes both full of each other. Jungmin appeared desiring to kiss again if his phone hadn’t buzzed. Letting out a groan he took his device out and opened it. “Ah,” he read the message he’d received. “We’re going to be late meeting them.”

 

“Uh oh,” Chohee became concerned. “How long will it take for us to meet them?”

“It’s about fifteen minutes away from here.” Jungmin estimated but had to do some other calculations in small murmurs. Afterwards he looked at his girlfriend with a mischievous twinkle. “I’m in no rush to meet them though.”

Chohee knew what he was thinking of when he winked. “Oppa, we made a promise we would meet them. Showing up later or not at all would be rude.”

Jungmin pouted sticking his bottom lip out far. “But I want to just be with you.”

“Oppa there are other times for that.”

“I wanted tonight to be one of those times.”
Chohee wasn’t beginning to show her lack of patience. Jungmin kept on talking, his voice sounding more and more like a baby. She turned away before her face showed her annoyance. Eventually Chohee talked though she would have held her tongue longer.

“Oppa this is frustrating! We’re going and that’s it!” Taking his arm she began to pull her immature acting boyfriend after him down to where taxis would be able stop.

 

Before they reached it she released him. “Ah if I’d known that you would cause me hate from random people, public exposure and lack of sleep I would have thought twice about being with you.” He poked his tongue at her and she groaned loudly. “Ah really now, dating you was the worst choice for my career and personal life.”

Jungmin came beside her and leaned his head on her shoulder. He knew she said things without thought when she was irritated. From feeling the extra weight Chohee turned her head to him and he took the chance to kiss her again. Speechless from the peck Jungmin smiled brightly at her causing Chohee’s insides to slowly melt.


“It was the best choice for our love lives.”

 

Curling up her fingers she pushed them against him in a light punch. He rubbed his arm, pretending to be hurt. “Ah Oppa! You’re so greasy do you know that?”

“Of course which is why I’m your Danny and you’re my Sandy.” Chohee couldn’t hold back the smile as she started laughing softly while Jungmin cracked up at his own joke.


“Oh we’d better grab a taxi.” She said tugging at his sleeve. He waved an arm and ushered one over. He opened the door and let her in before following. They closed the door and were on their way. On their way to their double date, one of many that would hopefully come.

 

That is if they both agreed it was their best choice and not their worst!

 




It’s done ah at last ;A; I just want to thank all of you for reading and enjoying and commenting I hope you’re satisfied with how this turned out. Please leave your final comments and I hope to hear from you more soon.