Do you Know

My Worst/Best Choice

“Chohee,” Jungmin called during the roars of the applause. Hyungjun stared at his friend. Camera men and journalists were starting to gain interest. Jungmin moved forward, trying to push through the crowd that were at Chohee’s feet. Two guards came onto the stage and helped her down. Her brown heels were hard to walk in.

“Hey let me through!”

Unfortunately he was stopped by a bright flash. “It’s Park Jungmin!” Microphones were pushed under his chin, questions being shot at him like multiple rounds in a gun. Hyungjun and Maddy stayed back, unable to get involved.


“Let me see her!” He exclaimed, swiping at them with his arms. “Chohee, Chohee!” All of a sudden the noise died down. The reporters began to spread out a little. It wasn’t until they were no longer blocking him that they saw why. Chohee had gone back onto the stage.


“Park Jungmin, tell us what your relation is to this woman.”

“Is she the one you are secretly seeing?”

“What is her name? Is Chohee her real name or not?”

That was it. Jungmin’s face darkened in anger. “No comment, no comment, NO COMMENT! WHY DO YOU PEOPLE HAVE TO ALWAYS KNOW WHAT I DO, WHEN I DO IT OR WHY I DO ANYTHING AT ALL?!”

Everyone drew in a breath or became still. The reporters kept on flashing in his face, some of them doing their own commentaries about the situation. Hyungjun and Maddy both stayed in the background, standing side by side.


Chohee’s head looked to Jungmin, managing to speak loudly enough for Jungmin to hear. “W-what are you doing?”

Jungmin opened his mouth but then after observing the crowd around him he sighed. “I can’t explain it now. Later on so wait please…”

“Jungmin,” she stopped him and shook her head. “T-There’s no time, I’m sorry.” Still confused Jungmin watched as she got back off the stage towards a man who whispered something in her ear and showed her through a door.

 

“What’s going on?” Jungmin noticed Hyungjun’s shadow as his friend pulled him away. The reporters began to follow so Hyungjun had to go towards the bathroom. They closed the door and Maddy blocked them. They asked her questions, some trying to use little English.

“I’m staff,” she answered in Korean surprising them.

 

Hyungjun let go of Jungmin. After a few breaths in and out Jungmin allowed his friend to explain.

“Jungmin… Chohee she… She’s going home. She’s catching her plane in two hours.”

 

As if a tonne of bricks had fallen onto Jungmin he felt his knees give way and he needed Hyungjun to help him stand. Turning to him his face was crestfallen.
“She’s leaving?”

“I’m sorry Jungmin.” Hyungjun began sounding remorse filled. “I didn’t know until yesterday. She wanted to go on her own free will. I gave her the chance to sing today because I knew it would be her last.”

Closing his eyes Jungmin looked up at the ceiling. Turning to Hyungjun finally he said. “How busy is it out there?”

“What do you need?” Hyungjun asked sensing he knew what he wanted.

“The next taxi you can get.”


 

Jungmin was hoarded again by more press as he hurried out the front to the taxi waiting at the front. Hyungjun opened the door for him. “We’ll get there as soon as we can.”

“No Hyungjun, this is important to you.”

“Not as important as this is for you.” Hyungjun retorted before giving a reassuring smile. “Don’t worry, it won’t matter if this event gets cut short ok?” Hyungjun closed the door and tapped on the taxi while Jungmin told the driver where to head.

 

The traffic was busy on the highways and Jungmin began to panic. He might not make it in time. How was he going to know if the flight hadn’t left yet? Taking out his phone he called his manager.

“Hyung, can you get to the airport?”

“What for,” he had the right to ask questions. Jungmin quickly went through all the details while the taxi was driving.
“Ah,” his manager sounded reluctant. “You are going to have to buy me dinner Jungmin-ah.”

“Yes hyung anything you want, please can you get there and tell me if a flight to Hawaii has left yet.”

“Alright,” Jungmin breathed out. Now he had to just hurry. Sitting in the taxi he closed his eyes, praying that somehow in some way he would make it before the plane left. The taxi driving dropped him at the entrance for departures and he ran inside searching for the familiar face of his manager.

“Hyung,” he waved him down. His manager hurried over. “Did you find the flight?”
 

“The gate hasn’t opened yet so you will still have time unless she’s already gone through security.”


Time was running out. Jungmin peered around the large space of people passing in every direction until he saw the desks where people booked in.
“Maybe she’s still lining up—“
 

That was when Jungmin spotted her. She had changed into a pair of jeans that stopped at her ankles, brown ballet flats and a loose black shirt. She’d left her hair down.


After thanking the person at the desk she started walking towards the customs.
“Chohee, Moon Chohee!” His voice carried above the noise getting her to stop in mid walk. Turning she glanced behind her.

Jungmin was now gathering a small crowd who was pointing and whispering to friends. Chohee turned and walked towards him, going at a rather slow pace. He knew what she was doing. She was putting off coming to face him. For some reason she was delaying.


“Oppa,” Chohee swallowed. “W-what are you doing—“

“—why are you leaving now when you still have a month left?” Chohee couldn’t answer him. She lowered her gaze down. Jungmin continued. “What’s going on? I know you’re mad at me, is really all there is?”

Jungmin looked down, trying to see if she was saying anything with her eyes. Her lifting her head caught him by surprise and he moved back.
“I… I didn’t want you to get into any more trouble.” Chohee said trying to give him direct contact but her nervous gaze wavered to the side. “You’ve already been through a lot because of me. I couldn’t let that happen again... I like you too much..”

It was as if her heart sat on her sleeve. Jungmin opened his mouth. “Chohee, I have been an idiot. I didn’t put that song on the album because I didn’t want you to get hurt.” She looked at him with surprise. He had a lot more explaining to do. “I should have told you why I did it and I’m sorry.” He heard running and so he turned around to see Maddy with Hyungjun, both of them panting.


Jungmin continued on with his confession. “Chohee to be honest; I like you. I don’t know why it took me so long to realise it but I do.” Her eyes met his; stunned at the words he’d spoken. “I like how your hair falls, the smile you give when you are a little flustered, your voice, your determination to try and your ability to just eat carrots whenever you want.” The end part caught a smile.
 

Seeing her loosen up helped Jungmin do what he needed to; relax. “I admit I can move on. I can see other girls if that will help.” He was rubbing salt into an open wound. “But that would only be to make myself forget you, if I ever can. I doubt it.”

In the background Hyungjun linked arms with Maddy who was just as getting as teary as she was. Chohee breathed out slowly, her heart racing beyond control. Two staff members came up to her. “Excuse me Miss Chohee; you have to board the plane.” She didn’t know where to look as they both started to guide her away.

“Hey what are you doing?!” Jungmin yelled making them halt. “We aren’t finished here.”

“Sir the gate is closed, we’ve been waiting on her.”  Chohee stepped out of their reach; she looked at Jungmin as if torn.

“P-please just wait a moment…” Jungmin begged. The men stood at an angle, Chohee swallowed and then nodded.
 

She ducked her head to wipe her eyes unaware that Jungmin was coming to her. He held her in front of him. Chohee stood there, her face heating up from him being so close. He took in where her head sat against his shoulder line, his scent and how soft her hair was. It would be some of the things he would remember most.
“You can go if you want. I’ll never forget you. I’ll wait for you no matter how long.” Chohee’s eyes filled until she thought the dam would break. Eventually Jungmin stepped away, giving her space, his own eyes becoming blurry.

Hyungjun and Maddy both wiped their eyes, not caring people saw them with their arms linked. They were gathering interest now. Chohee looked at the men who had ushered her to go with them. She took one final glance at Jungmin before walking over to them, her head down.


His two friends came over to him. Hyungjun hugged Jungmin while Maddy squeezed his hand. Jungmin put his fingers in the corners of his eyes, blinking hard. There were some murmurs of sympathy especially from possible fans. Jungmin wasn’t the kind of guy to cry easily. He was being brave, the cameras weren't allowed to capture this.


But then Chohee stopped. The men kept on walking until they realised she wasn’t with them. No one knew what she was going to do. Turning around she took out her boarding pass. Grabbing it with both hands she ripped it down the middle. Moving her hands away she threw it behind her, the pieces fluttering onto the ground.

The trio stared at her. Finally after what had been a while for her Chohee smiled. She smiled as the tears fell and hurried back towards them, gaining speed.

Elation filled Jungmin as stepped away from Maddy and Hyungjun walking closer to Chohee. Opening his arms he she ran into them, spinning her around causing a big reaction. There were claps from lots as well as some cheers. Fans on the other hand started exclaiming in protest.

Soon they came back to earth. The world around them was not of any interest as their eyes interlocked, laughing in merry.  
Chohee broke the laughter. “I’m not going anywhere. This is where I want to be, whether it’s next to you on stage or watching from below.” With that Jungmin hugged her, both of them clinging to the other tightly.

He had her and he wouldn’t let her go.

 



Awww how did we find this? I didn’t edit so yes u can shoot me Next week is the last chapter so wait patiently ;A;