Third.

Midnight Light

When Sulli reached home, she lays on the couch. Tired of everything that is happening to her. First, someone she doesn't know found out her special ability. Second, she was asked to join a system called the M.I.S. Third, she needs to leave her family if she joins the system. Her father seem to read her mind. "Is something bothering my princess?" her father's soft voice calms Sulli for a little. Sulli sits up and faces her father. "Appa, if I leave this house, how will you feel?" her father looks surprised after hearing her weird question. He touches Sulli's face and combs her hair a little. "It's only a if. Don't think too much, go take a bath. You don't look good," she nods her head and obeyed. 

Sulli opens the warm water tab and let the water fills up the bathtub. She puts her hand into the bathtub to check the temperature of the water before laying down in it. She closes her eyes and let the water flows in the bathtub freely. She wants to join, to help her country. But she doesn't want to leave her family. She emerges her whole faces into the water and pulls it out after a few seconds. She knows she can't hesitate any much longer. It's just a yes, or a no. She climbs off from the bathtub and wraps herself with a towel. She dries her hair with a hairdryer before putting on some comfortable clothes. "Sulli-ya! Omma is back, come down fast so we can eat!" Sulli simply ties her hair into a pony tail and walks down. 

"Omma," her mother looks up from her phone and nods lightly. They started to eat in silence. "I am moving to the dorm," Sulli's sudden words suprised both her father and mother. "I thought you said you don't like the dorm?" her father spoke out. Sulli glances at her mother and saw an unconcern look. She knows her mother is busy, but she should at least care about her own daughter. "I thought that living at the dorm is more easier for me. I don't need to walk such a long way to school," her father nods and continues eating. "When are you going to move?" Sulli sighed. She wants to tell them she is not moving, but she can't. "As soon as possible. I will talk with the teacher in charge," her father nods again. Sulli takes that as a yes. 

After they finished their dinner, Sulli helps her father with the dish. "Ssul, are there any problem?" Sulli can sense the concern of her father. She shakes her head. "I thought you are always okay with the long distance?" Sulli puts the plates she wiped in the cabinet. "Appa, I just think that it will be more convenient if I move to the dorm. I need a quiet and peaceful place to study. The house is too comfortable," Sulli said with her shaky voice. She knows her tears are going to fall soon. "Appa, I will sleep first," her father just sighed and nods his head.


Sulli can't stay awake for her class. She feels her eyelids heavier every second. She pinches her cheeks and it works for just about two minutes. Not long after that, she is drift off to her dream land. After a few minutes, she feels someone nodging her shoulder. She opens her eyes and rubs them lightly. She looks around the class and saw an empty classroom. "You are such a heavy sleeper," Minho said and helps her to pack her bag. "I barely sleep yesterday," Minho pats her back. She slings her bag over her shoulder and leaves the classroom with Minho. 

"I told you not to push yourself too hard. You are too stubborn," Sulli shakes her head. "I didn't. I talked to them. Appa was confused. Omma didn't care much," Sulli sighed and leans on the wall. "So, you are in?" Sulli nods her head weakly. "But I need some time to settle down things," Minho places his hand on her shoulder, telling her he is supporting. "Let's go home," Minho pulls Sulli's hand and they start to run. When they reached the park, Minho releases her hand. Sulli chuckles. "What is so funny?" Minho asked and sits on the swing. Sulli sits on the swing beside and laughs more louder. "I can't believe that!" Minho looks at her with his eyebrows knitted. "You are hungry, aren't you?" Minho gives her his famous poker face while Sulli is laughing. 

"Using your power to tease the others is not good," Sulli stops laughing and starts to push the swing by using her legs. "You are the one that grabbed my hand!" Sulli shouts to him as the swing swings higher. Minho chuckles and shakes his head. "Do you want to eat at my house?" Sulli shouts again. Minho checks his phone and agreed with her. "You know what? You are the first one that steps into my house," Sulli lowers down her voice as the swing is lower. "So, am I suppose to be proud of that?" Sulli nods. "Omma doesn't like it when other people goes into the house. She said it's her house, visitor must be her choice," Minho chuckles at that. "Looks like I really need to be proud," Minho chuckles again. 


After the dinner, Sulli and Minho went for a walk. "Where am I going to live after I join M.I.S?" Minho grabs Sulli's hand. "Get the answer yourself." Sulli closes her eyes and focused on it. "The building?" Minho nods. "There are tons of room there, remember?" Sulli nods. "Few of them are bedrooms. We sleep there so that we can get the latest update from the head of M.I.S." Sulli stops. "I thought your mother is the founder?" Minho nods and puts his hands in the pockets. "She is. But there is one more person that is protecting this system. Only my mom and dad saw him before. Even the trainers don't know how the person look like. We just call the person 'God'."

"So, you all doesn't know anything about 'God'?" Minho shakes his head. "We only get updates from him. Updates about our tasks," "Your mom didn't tell me about 'God'," Sulli said, thinking the conversation between her and Tiffany. "She will. She can't tell you because she isn't sure if you are joining or not," "He is that mysterious?" Minho shrugs his shoulder. "Maybe 'God' wants people to think he is cool," they both laughed.