5

Happily Never After: My Arranged Marriage With Kris Wu

minji's pov:

I spent the entire school day trying my best to avoid Kris and that annoying smirk of his and immediately dragged Lay with me to his house after school.

"Stop running." Lay panted bringing his hands to his knees. "what's wrong?"

"Everything's wrong, Yixing! I'm stuck in an arranged marriage. Who does that type of anymore? We're in the 21st century for crying out loud!"

"Woah. Calm down Minji." He laughed as we reached his front porch. He fished out his keys and unlocked the door. I went inside and took off my shoes, plopping onto his couch after greeting his mom. They're used to me coming in and eating their food and stuff like that.

"My room." Lay said pointing upstairs. I groaned and dragged myself up. 

"Seriously?! You waited until I sat down?" He rolled his eyes and waited for me to come inside before shutting the door. He laid on his bed and patted the empty spot next to him. I sighed and took off my backpack, throwing it on the floor before accompanying him. 

"So tell me all about it." He chuckled amusingly. I took a deep breath and told him the story from start to finish. I explained the whole ordeal to him, telling him how much of a douche he was and everything that's happened so far.

"Wow." he scratched his head. "It seems like he likes you."

I slapped his arm. "Yeah right." I scoffed.

"But Wufan.. doesn't that name sound a tad bit familiar to you?" He asked tapping his chin.

"Nope! I'm hungry." I said getting off his bed. 

"I swear I've heard that name somewhere before." Lay mumbled, following Minji out into the kitchen. 

"Mrs. Zhang, what are you making?" I asked peering over her shoulder.

"Kimchi stew, would you like to stay for dinner?" I nodded happily.

"Great. I'm almost done cooking. Why don't you have a seat with Yixing over there?" 

"OMMA IT'S LAY. L A Y!" His mom looked at me and shrugged, chuckling a little. I shrugged my shoulders and headed out to the living room.

"Lay what is that?" I asked walking over.

"Our elementary yearbook." He laughed. "Aren't you so cute?" He said pointing to my yearbook picture. I laughed and pointed to the picture of him.

"Hah, what's with your hair?" I chuckled. His face flushed as he snatched the book away from me.

"Bowl haircuts are cool!"

"Okay, whatever." I scoffed and grabbed the book away from him. We flipped the page over to the year ahead of us.

"I used to have a crush on her." Lay pointed to a girl. 

"OH yeah I remember. Didn't she reject you?"

"YAH! You promised not to bring it up."
 

"I did? I don't remember." I pretended to think. 

"Hey.. wasn't this the kid that always made you cry and bullied you?" Lay said pointing to a dair skinned boy.

"YES! HE WAS SO MEAN!" I shouted remembering what had happened.

flashback:

First encounter:

"Hey watch out!" A boy shouted as you turned around, only to be greeted with a basketball hitting your face. you fell down and scraped your knee. Lay ran over and helped you get up. Expecting an apology, you immediately said "I forgive you."

"I wasn't going to apologize." He smirked and picked up the basketball from the ground. "Look what you did? You stained this ball with your blood." He walked away leaving you speechless.

"What a jerkface." Yixings nose scrunched as he took you to the nurse.

Second encounter:

You were in line getting ice cream. A boy cut in front of you and you scowled..

"Hey I was in line first." You whined. he turned around and both of you recognized each other. 

"So? What are you going to do about it?" He stuck his tongue out. You sighed and stood there patiently.

"Can I get a strawberry popsicle?" You asked.

"Sorry. I just sold the last treat to that young boy over there." The man pointed to Wufan who was smirking. You sighed and walked away with slumped shoulders.

"I"m sorry." He said coming up to you. "Do you want a ?" You nodded happily as he made a face and laughed at you.

"JUST KIDDING. YOU HAVE COOTIES!" He said causing you to cry.

Third encounter:

You had just gotten a haircut and died some of the streaks of your hair pink. A lot of people complimented you as you happily thanked them.

"Oh my gosh" Wufan pointed and snickered. "You look like a monster!" He said clutching his stomach from laughing too hard. Tears welled in your eyes as the boys around him made fun of you. 

"Could it be.." Lay said bursting your trail of thoughts. "That this Wufan is your Wufan?" I laughed nervously and shoved him lightly.

"He's not my Wufan! And no don't say things like that."

"I mean he still bullies you." Lay snickered. "Small world Minji, small world." I muttered a string of curse words before getting up and putting on my shoes. Wufan is going to pay.

"Minji where are you going?" Lay's mom asked. I smiled and slipped off my shoes. I needed to eat first.

"I forgot I haven't ate yet. Thank you Mrs. Zhang."

"Omma. Call me omma. We've known each other long enough." She winked. I beamed and thanked her when a bowl of hot kimchi stew was placed in front of me.

Just you wait Kris. I will get you back.

--

"Minji where have you been?" kris asked me once I walked inside. I tried to keep my cool and shrugged my shoulders.

"out."

"It's late! You know how worried I was? I mean how worried your mom was?" He chuckled nervously. I rolled my eyes and shoved him to the side.

"Whatever. Wufan." I stressed out his name. "I remember you, jerk." I snarled. He laughed and placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Took you awhile." He chuckled. My eyes widened. BWOH?! HE KNEW?

"YAH JERK IS THIS YOUR REVENGE EH?! FORCING ME INTO MARRYING YOU? EH EH!?" I jumped on his back and punched his shoulders.

"Calm down!" He said trying to pry me off of him. My grip tightened as I went for his hair.

"YAH! YOU KNOW HOW MUCH THIS HAIR IS WORTH?! MORE THAN YOURS!"

"Yeah right!" I snarled. He finally surrendered as I got off and huffed. "I'm sleeping on the bed tonight." I ran up the stairs but was flung over on Kris's shoulders.

"Uh uh. You lost your chance sleeping with me. Missy you're sleeping on the couch." 

"Let go!" I whined flailing my arms and legs around. He grunted and slapped my . "YAH BYUNTAE!" I screamed. He smirked and dropped me on the couch.

"Correction. I'm your soon to be husband." He smirked. "And don't forget.. I have the keys to the bedroom. So don't even try to lock the door." I stared at the keys he dangled in the air as I got up and attempted to grab it. He pulled it away and held it up high.

"Hah. shorty." I kicked his leg as he let go of the key and I caught it swiftly.

"We're so getting a divorce." I snickered and headed up the stairs. "Night byuntae" He flipped me off before I closed the bedroom door. And just like that, it was third grade all over again.