11.

Happily Never After: My Arranged Marriage With Kris Wu

I went home only to be greeted by a silent Kris. And when I meant silent, I meant deadly silent. I just don't get it. The moment we would be home he would be so noisy! He's not like how he is at school, the cold and mysterious type, the Wufan I know is talkative and annoying. To see him act as himself in school made me cringe. As usual, I plopped down on a chair and scattered my books all over the living room table. Usually, I would end up distracted and not do any homework, but today I actually had a feeling I was going to fail this upcoming test. I tied my hair into a messy bun and secured it with a pencil. I was quietly working on my assignment, ocassionally looking up to stare at Kris. He was sitting on the couch with his laptop and he hadn't talked to me or greeted me since. *The silence is good, you should be happy* But it felt awkward and I didn't like it. I cleared my throat and hoped that he turned his attention to me. Still, the latter didn't budge and I got very upset.

"Have you studied for the English test tomorrow?" I asked. He jutted his lips out while his eyes were fixated on the laptop screen. I took that as a no.

"Are you prepared to fail?" Still no answer.

"KRIS FREAKING WU!" I slammed my book on the table and marched over to him. "Why are you so quiet today!?" His eyes were still on the computer. "Are you mad at me?" *crickets chirping*

"Wufan oppa~" I held onto his arms and swayed my shoulders side to side while pouting. Gosh I felt like cringing. "Why are you mad at me?~" He sighed and looked into my eyes. He looked so darn cute with his red cheeks. And that was when I knew, the almighty Kris Wu was hooked onto my aegyo.  "Hmm?" I lightly poked his hard abs stomach. 

"Fine." He huffed. "Don't laugh." He looked so vulnerable as he his lips. "At school, we don't even look like a couple. Everyone thinks you and Yixing are dating. Not only that we're not even wearing rings and we're getting married soon. And why the hell do you make me sleep on the couch my back hurts! And on top of that no one knows we're engaged! I have to fight back all the fangirls and I turn around to see you clinging on to that Lay idiot! I look way hotter than that short kid Aish!" He ruffled his hair and heaved a sigh. I stared at him blankly and blinked. I did not expect that.

"Ayy~" I jokingly pinched his two cheeks together and squished them. "My soon-to-be hubby is so cute~!" I didn't know what took over me, but he was simply adorable with a pout on his lips. "First of all, Yixing and I are just friends. Second of all, we'll share the bed from now on but you can't tell Yixing. And third of all, we'll announce our relationship tomorrow." His furrowed brows now softened and I didn't know what took over me. I leaned closer to him with my face still on his cheeks and planted an innocent kiss on his lips. "Let's go ring shopping!"

---

I groaned once we reached the shopping center. Kris was being so touchy! He would steal glances at me while we were in the car and right when we got to the mall he grabbed his hands and intertwined them with mine. 

"Let's go into this shop." We walked inside a diamond store and Kris had his hands around my waist. "Pick any ring you want yobo~" He cooed in my ear. All the girls in the shop were looking at him like he was the nicest man in the world. "The price won't matter, I can afford the whole store too if you want."

"Handsome, young, and rich!" One of the workers whispered loudly to the others. I turned to look at Kris who had a smile plastered on his face. 

"Ugh you're so embarrassing" I mumbled and pushed his hands away from me. Why did I even kiss him like five minutes ago? He didn't say anything back but helped me find my ring.

"Let's try this one." He pointed at a ring and I nodded. The worker pulled it out and he grabbed it from me. "You know, they say that your true love's marriage finger would fit the male's pinky." He said and put the wedding band on his pinky. "And what do you know~" He wiggled his finger. "It fits perfectly." He smiled at me and I blushed profusely while everyone in the store cooed. I saw some of the girls eyeing me with envy and I leaned in to kiss his cheek.

"Of course we're soulmates oppa." I said glaring at the girls. They quickly looked away and Kris smirked.

"Jealous much?" He whispered in my ear. I shot him a look.

"You wish." He chuckled and kissed my temple.

"I like girls who get jealous easy." He admitted. Sometimes I can't help but wonder if he's sincere with me or he likes to tease.

"We'll take this set." I quickly changed the topic and the girl took Kris's credit card.

"We will wear it now." He said and placed his ring on him and put mine on my finger. We walked out of the shop and Kris pulled me inside a clothing store. "I want to get something." He said and ruffled my hair. "I'll be back in a sec." I puffed my cheeks and scratched the back of my neck. Maybe going here was a bad idea. I had a ton of homework left to do. I looked over and saw Kris picking up a couple of shirts and I scoffed. Kris is such a girl! He saw me glancing at him and sent a wink in my direction. My cheeks flamed as I quickly turned around and stomped to the ladies section. *stupid Kris making me blush* I managed to buy a couple of things and when I went to the checkout lane I noticed a pair of socks on the display table. They were simple striped socks and I thought it was cute if Kris and I had matching ones. I picked up the pink one and a blue one and gave it to the cashier.

 

"What did you get?" Kris asked as he tried to look into my bag.

"A couple of shorts and a shirt. How about you?" 

"Just a few shirts and a snapback." He answered. We headed home and Kris had one hand on the steering wheel and the other clasped with mine. When we walked inside, Kris ran upstairs to charge his phone and I took a seat on the couch, too tired and too lazy to do homework. Kris made me feel all sorts of emotions and I wasn't used to it. 

"What's wrong?" I was too deep in thoughts to realize that Kris took a seat next to me.

"Ahh!" I screamed and slapped his chest. "Wufan you scared me!" I bit my lip in anger and Kris chuckled, kissing my cheek. 

"I thought you had homework to do." He nuzzled against my neck and planted a kiss on me. I couldn't stand the skinship because it made my legs feel like jelly.

"I'm too tired." I answered. "And plus the questions are pretty hard too.

"Didn't you say it was English?" 

"Yeah."

"Bring it over and I'll help you." I got up and grabbed my book and supplies and took a seat next to him. He wrapped his arms around my waist and leaned his head against my shoulder.

"Which sentence are you stuck on, baby?" 

"The third one." He glanced at my paper. He started to explain it to me in a tired voice. I couldn't help but realize how seductive his deep voice was until he broke off my thoughts.

"Did you get that, sweetheart?" That nickname itself made me blush.

"Yeah." He didn't noticed as he pulled me closer to him. He went on explaining how to form sentences and helped my English pronunciation. He kept laughing at my accent and I started fuming.

"Shut the mouth!" I hissed and Kris laughed again. 

"You're so cute, you know that, cupcake?" He cupped my face and kissed me on the lips. I pushed him away and scowled.

"I hate you." I spat in my broken English.

"I love you too." He murmured.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing." I scoffed. How bad does he think my English is? Of course I knew what that meant! But I decided to keep that a secret. 

"Hey Kris." I asked.

"Yeah?"

"Why did you bully me in third grade?" I finally popped the question. He looked at me with a bright smile.

"Why do you think?"

"Because of my height?"

"No."

"Because I was ugly?"

"No. Far from that." I furrowed my brows. He chuckled and flicked my forehead.

"Pabo. What does it mean when a guy teases you?" I tried to come up with an answer. "It means that they like you and they want your attention." His legs were now intertwining mine and he closed the gap between us. "I've liked you since the third grade." My breath hitched and I broke our eye contact. He cupped my face and pulled me back to look at him again. "Yah Minji. I'm not joking around this time. I meant what I just said."

"You don't want to marry me because of the contract?" He shook his head.

"Well, if you put it that way..."

"Wufan!" I hissed. He chuckled and kissed my cheek.

"That's enough learning for today." He was about to get up but his legs wrapped around mine reminded me of something.

"Wait!" I said pulling out my bag. "I got us something." I took out a pair of blue socks and a pair of pink socks. "We're supposed to match." He looked at the socks in disbelief and my face turned red. I could tell he didn't like it.

"You know what nevermind it's stupid."

"No, it's not that." He looked at me with shocked eyes. Was this kid really freaking out because I wanted to match with him? Geez, excuse me for wanting to be a couple. He got up and grabbed his bag.

"Look what I bought." I looked at the content in his hand and I gasped. We bought the same exact thing! He lightly leaned his forehead against mine and press his lips on mine. "I think," he said, his eyes looking right into mine. "I think we're meant to be."