1

Happily Never After: My Arranged Marriage With Kris Wu

                              

 

 

minji's pov:

"Ready to go, Minji?" I heard someone say as I turned around to see Lay smiling, his dimple proudly showing. That's my childhood friend, Zhang Yixing. Everyone calls him Lay, well because he thinks it's cool. We've been friends ever since we were 8. 

"Yup, hold on, let me lock the door." I replied as I slid in my key and twisted it counterclockwise. He walks me to school everyday since we live right next to each other. Sometimes, he'd be my personal alarm clock and wake me up on days where I refuse to get up.

"Are you ready for the test?" He asked me as we walked side by side.

"What test?" He frowned and poked my head lightly.

"You've got to be kidding me. The test for Physics! It's worth 20% of our grade." Oh, that test. 

"Nope, not really. But I always pass with an A" I smiled. He scoffed and ruffled my hair.

"You know, that's really not fair. I always study my off and you're so lazy, yet you have a higher grade than I do!" 

"Life is unfair, Yixing." I replied cooly.

"Lay, it's Lay! How many times have I told you to call me that!" He pouted. 

"I'm sorry, but I refuse to call my friend who named himself after a brand of chips." 

"Alright, fine. Only you can call me that."

==

"You have until the end of the hour to complete this test. Electronics must be turned off, no calculators, and of course, cheating will lead to an automatic zero on your test. Good luck." My teacher said as he handed out the test to everyone individually. I scoffed and turned off my phone. He was always so serious and strict, it was rare to ever see him smile. The classroom door opened and a tall guy with blonde-ish hair stepped in and looked around. I have to admit, he was pretty handsome, but I didn't give a crap since all the girls were already squealing in joy. I rolled my eyes and opened up my test, filling in every question I knew first.

"Yes, can I help you?" 

"I'm new here, and I have this class first hour."

"Oh, well I see, I'll have you do introductions tomorrow, but for now, sit whereever you like since everyone is taking their tests." I heard the boys footsteps come closer towards my desk as I prayed in my head that he wouldn't choose the seat next to me. And he did. Great, how am I supposed to pay attention to the test now?! I stole a quick glance at him only to see him winking to a couple of girls nearby.Gee, what a flirt. He caught me staring and did a two finger salute as I hid my blushing face and ignored him throughout the whole period. Finally, the bell rang and I quickly got up and handed the teacher my test. A tall figure had stopped me from leaving and I looked up and saw the new student.

"Hi I'm new here," obviously, I was there when you walked in the classroom, "and I was wondering if you could show me around the school during lunch." He flashed a seductive smile at me. I quickly averted my gaze and cleared my throat.

"sorry, I have a club meeting to attend to at lunch. Ask around, I know a couple of girls who would be thrilled to give you a tour." I lightly pushed him aside and walked out the door. The last thing I want to do is fall for a player. I heard him say 'interesting' after I left and I couldn't help but blush even more. Did I sound jealous? If so, that wasn't the point. The new student had third period with me, and his name was Kris.I thanked the Lord that I didn't have an empty seat next to me. Plus, who would want to sit in the front? 

"Excuse me, teacher" I heard Kris say as he raised his hand. 

"Yes Kris?"

"I can't see from here, would it be okay if I moved to the front?"

"Sir he could sit next to me!" I heard a girl squeal. I fought back the urge to scoff and continued to stare off into space.

"Why don't you sit next to Minji?" I snapped out of my trance once I heard my name. Next thing you know, Junhyung winked at me before getting out of his seat. Great, just great. 

"Hey Minji" Kris greeted huskily. I waved and focused all of my attention on the assignment. The bell rang, indicating that class was over and it was now lunch. I quickly walked to my locker to put away my book and walked into the cafeteria. Chen saw me and waved. I smiled and walked over to our table and pulled out a chair next to Lay.

"Guys, guys! I made a new friend today!" Tao jumped in joy as he pushed his friend in front of us. My eyes widened as I saw Kris grin and saying hi to everyone. He took a seat across from me as I ignored him and ate my lunch.

"So Minji.. club meeting huh?"

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

hey guys, first chapter up! C: