Obstacle

Click

I gasp in shock before finally bowing to her. "Please come inside, ma'am." Not her again.

 

She glares at me again and pushes aside his son, as she walks angrily to the couch. She sits down in silent and looks around, as if she's evaluating our apartment. She's scrunching her face, looking irritated as ever. Well, I can't blame her to look that way, she just found out about her son. She shakes her head so many times before she bursts out in tear, leaving me and Seunghyun silent.

 

Seunghyun steps forward to the couch, intending to soothe his mom. But as he puts his hands around her shoulder and call her "Mom", she wards his hands angrily.

 

"Don't you dare call me mom! I don't have a gay son!"

 

"Mom!" he begins to cry, "I'm sorry." his voice fades.

 

"You're sorry? You're sorry, Seunghyun-ah? Then tell me why you-" she passes out.

 

Seunghyun holds his mom and puts her to our bed. He's crying and I feel really bad for him because I can't do anything to undo this. All I can do is hugging him from the back but he's surprisingly ward my arms.

 

He shakes his head  weakly, "Not now, Jiyongie."

 

I nod, understanding his position. I go back to the kitchen and cook some breakfast for his mom. I cook her some porridge and soup even though I feel dizzy to have going through this again. I've faced his mom before, I believe in my dream (I don't want to believe that Seunghyun died before). She's just as scary as she was. I don't dare talking to her, but if it's about Seunghyun and I, I'd even face death.

 

I finish cooking the porridge in no time and I'm bringing it to our room. I'm about to knock on the door when I hear his mom yelling. "You're marrying him?! Have you lost your sanity, Seunghyun-ah?!"

 

I step back, and hear Seunghyun yells back, "Yes, mom, I have gone insane!"

 

"You crazy bastard!" she sobs, "You are not my son."

 

"Mom..." I can hear him pleading to his mom.

 

Just then the door flung open and she grabs me by my collar, "You, bastard, don't you ever think you'll marry him." she pushes me and the boiling porridge spills onto my stomach. I groan and Seunghyun hurriedly running towards me. She glares at me again and slams the door behind her.

 

"Jiyongie, are you alright?" he's sobbing and cleans up the spill porridge on my stomach. "Oh , your stomach is burning red."

 

"I'm fine, Seunghyun-ah, I'm really fine." I groan again.

 

"I'm sorry." his voice fades and he lowers his head, hiding it behind his hands.

 

I hug him and I pat his back, "We'll work this out, Seunghyun-ah. We're strong."

 

"She told me to leave you, she is setting me up with her friend's daughter, I don't know, I don't know." he's shaking in my arms and I can feel my tears start to falling. 

 

"We're strong, Seunghyun-ah, nothing to worry about."

 

He looks up at me, "She already set me up, Jiyongie."

 

"What?"

 

"She already did, with her friend's daughter, my childhood friend."

 

I fall silent. "What should I do, Jiyongie?"

 

"We'll find a way, don't worry. They don't know about us."

 

He nods, and he helps me up, "Let's clean you up." I groan. The burnt caused by boiling porridge is too painful, I cry when he takes care of it. He covers it with gauze. After he covers it, he kisses it. He wipes my tears and he kisses my lips several times. The pain starts to go away, but anxiety starts to kick in. I'm afraid of losing him. 

 

He lies beside me and he sighs, "It has to be you, Jiyongie, it has to be you." I roll over to face him and hug him, ignoring the pain on my stomach. We fall silent for quite some time, and he breaks the silence with his cry. I lean against his shoulder and hear his heart beat.

 

"You fool, stop crying. We're going to be alright."

 

"Promise me." he sobs.

 

"I promise."

 

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

 

It has been several days since the surprise visit from his mom and we're back on our schedule with Big Bang. Seunghyun has decided that he won't see the girl nor his own mom. He won't see his family until he officially married with me, he said. I feel happy and guilty at the same time, happy to have Seunghyun by my side, guilty to broken his relationship with his family.

 

Other members have already found out about us getting married. They congratulated us and teased Seunghyun for his bravery. TOP and Daesung are the happiest about the news. It seems like they're going to follow us not long again. While Youngbae...he's happy but he doesn't look as ecstatic as TOP and Daesung. 

 

It's not long until the news spread to whole YG family. Even right now President Yang finds out about us. He doesn't mind his people, well, have different ual orientations. Life can't be more perfect than this. The only obstacle right now is Seunghyun's mother, or may I add, our family. My parents have long banned me. They're ashamed that they have a gay son.

 

--

 

We're having a YG family concert next week and we're practicing hard for it. President Yang has arranged the stage specifically for me and Seunghyun. I couldn't be more happier, I'm so thankful to have him as my CEO. He uderstands us very well. Of course, we're not going to announce our relatioship to public because that would be ridiculous and dead-end for our career.

 

We're just going to be ourselves, performing like we always do. People won't be wondering why we're so close, because we were always so close. Seunghyun often takes a photo of me on the stage. I used to pretend to scold him, back when people didn't know we're together. Until the news saying I'm violent toward him snapped me.

 

I was acting like that because I simply didn't want people to notice us. He was just laughing back then, when he read the news. "Let's show them how close we really are." From that moment on, we became we are today. I'm not even afraid anymore to kiss him on the cheek in public. I told them, I love him as a brother. Yeah right. Brothers don't have .

 

"What are you thinking, Jiyongie? You laugh to yourself. Creepy."

 

I look up to Seunghyun, "Nothing."

 

"Even scarier."

 

I laugh and I hug him, burying my face on his neck. He smells really nice even though he's sweating. He hugs me back, tight, and he kisses my head. He whispers "I love you" to my ear and it tickles me. I love this feeling. Even though I'm older than him by two years, I always felt he's the hyung. But when he's doing aegyo to me, I always thought he's the most adorable. When he's telling not funny jokes, I'd laugh. I love him that much.

 

"Okay guys, stop with the lovey dovey, we still have to practice."

 

I look up to TOP and I laugh again. These are happiest times in my life so far.

 

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

 

"My mom's in hospital right now." he turns pale.

 

"I'm sorry, she's been hospitalized for how long?"

 

He shakes his head, "She's in comma, Jiyongie." he chokes, "She tried to kill herself."

 

I gasp. Guilt fills up my whole body and I stumble, "Seunghyun-ah..."

 

He turns his face to me, he's crying, "I need to see her, Jiyongie."

 

"Of course, I'll take you there, you can't drive now."

 

He's about to say something when I stop him, "I won't come with you to the hospital, I'll just drive you there."

 

We arrive at the hospital not long after that. Seunghyun has been crying on the way here, and I feel guilty even more. I drop him off on the lobby and he enters the hospital in a rush. I'm worried for him, I want to be with him, but that's impossible. I hope he'll be fine, and I'm sure he will. He is stronger than me. He can handle this.

 

I park my car and turn the engine down. I sigh, still worried with Seunghyun. Is he doing fine up there? Is he breaking down? I wish I'm there with him to comfort him. I can't bear the thought of him crying up there, and nothing that I can do to help. Does he need me? Or is he doing just fine? I pull my hair and sigh again. I'm being a worrywart, he must be doing fine.

 

Just then my phone rings, turns out to be Seunghyun. "Seunghyun-ah?"

 

I hear nothing, only his breath. I'm starting to worried again.

 

"Seunghyun-ah?"

 

He sighs, and finally he speaks, "Hyung, just go home first. I'll be home later." he hangs up right away.

 

I feel nervous and anxious, but then again, I trust his words. If he says he'll be home, he will. I start my car and leave the hospital, full with anxiety. "I'll wait for you at home, Seunghyun-ah."

 

 

 

--

 

 

 

I wait and wait, but he's not coming home.