Chapter Four

I Wish You Were Here

chapter four; 

                  fanmeeting

Image

» "Lisaaaa...wake up," an (annoying) nagging voice whined, prodding at my side. I hear the blinds being pulled open and the bright sun rays beam in, making me shut my eyes even tighter.

I groaned, shifting around in my bed before burying my face in my pillow. "Go away," I muttered. "I'm…still tired."

"Lisa, wake up! We're going to miss the fan meeting for Seventeen!" Fan meeting? Seventeen...? I jump out of bed, tripping over a pile of dirty laundry and tumbled into the wall before bouncing back onto my bed. Bella sat at the edge of my bed, looking at me strangely and I give her a meek smile. "It took you long enough to wake up. I've been trying to for the past 15 minutes," she grumbles, standing up.

"Well, I'm awake now," I replied, grinning widely.

"Evidently." She gives me a look and we're standing there, staring at each other before she gestures for me to hurry up. "Well? Go and get ready! We have an hour and a half to pick up Jordan and head over to the fan meeting. It's probably already very crowded."

I nod, going through my closet and finally decided on a pair of jean shorts and a white tank top with a cute little cartoon on it. I ran inside the washroom, threw the tank on myself before hobbling out, tugging on my shorts and zipping the zipper up. I spotted Bella leafing through a photo album and ignored her, turning towards the mirror to comb through my hair once before approaching her.

"Ready to go?"

"Yeah, but hey, who's this?" She holds up the picture album and I freeze when I see her point to a picture of me and Doyoon together at the park, sitting on a bench, eating ice cream. I still remember that event to this day. It was second grade and I had gotten 100% on my test and because I did, my dad took the two of us out for a celebration. "He's like in every other photo. I never knew you had a childhood best friend."

"I didn't," I snapped, grabbing the photo album from her and shoved it back behind my closet before burying it under a pile of clothes. "Why were you looking through that anyways?"

She shrugs. "I didn't think it would hurt." She sighs, standing up. "Well, if you're ready being a little diva, shall we go?"

"I'm not a diva," I muttered but followed her downstairs. I kiss my parents goodbye before grabbing a cardigan and headed for the door. Once I shut the door behind me, I let out an excited squeal with Bella before making our way towards Jordan's house.


 

Image

» After picking up Jordan, we head to the bus, sitting through a half an hour long ride. When we finally step off, I find that Bella was right. It's only 9am in the morning but there are already several people. Not too much for us to be in line though. I march up to the front where there was a long table with a black cover over it. There's already a long line of people in front of me, lots holding onto gifts. I hug the stuffed pea I was planning to give to a member that caught my attention the most. In the end, I had only managed to get one gift and as bad as I felt about it, I would only be giving one member a gift. A special member that stood out to me.

"How long till they get here?" Jordan whines, sitting down on the pavement.

"We just got here, Jordan," I pointed out and he only lets out a groan before pouting.

"Well, tell them to come faster," he suggests. That's when Bella reaches over and gives him a slap on his head.

"For once, can you think a little and not embarrass us in front of people?" She hisses and Jordan lets out another groan. I shake my head at the two, bickering yet again when suddenly, there's a eruption of noise. I turn around and let out a shout myself. Coming out from behind the back, slowly trekked out seventeen members. They had arrived early! I turned towards Bella, screamed with her before looking back in the front. Samuel, Wonwoo, Dongjin…I tick off the members, one by one. They all looked so great! My heart was beating so fast, I had to stop and take a breath.

However, time was waiting for no one. At the sight of the boys, people around soon caught on and several fans were running forwards, despite the line that had formed. Security shouted at fans to stay back, guarding the table as the members sat down, scanning the large group of fans with wide eyes.

Once people were settled down a bit (some fans had to leave due to misbehavior ((I didn’t laugh I swear)) ((okay maybe I did but so what)) and security had to guide them away), they announced that one by one, fans were allowed to come up the stage and greet the members and get the posters signed.

The first fan stepped on stage and I envied how she would be the first that the boys met. I counted the heads in front of us. One, two, three, four … there was a total of at least 39 people ahead of us. Thirty nine! I gawked at the amount, growing  a bit disappointed that we'd have to wait long. But hey, at least I got to meet them at all right! I looked behind us and my eyes grew wide at the long line. At least I wasn't all the way back there.

A fight breaks out on how someone had budded in the line and security guards rush to the scene. I turn back to face the front, not wanting to bother about weird fans. I was here to meet Seventeen and that was it.

 

Image

An hour past, and my legs were growing weak from standing for so long and I crouch down on the ground, looking up at Bella who looked equally tired. I sighed, running a hand through my hair before stand up straight, stretching my back. Nevertheless, I was excited to meet Seventeen. We were close now. The thirty nine had decreased to nine.

Nine. It hit me how close we actually were to meeting them.

"Why am I even here?" Jordan shouts out. "I'm a guy! How about we go see Girls Day or 9muses?"

"Jordan," Bella starts, turning around to look at him square in the eye. "Shut up."

Jordan makes a face as the line moves forward and we take another step closer. I could hear conversation going on between fans and the members now. Just imagine! Soon, I’d be able to converse with them too. What would I say? How would I act? What if I said something dumb? What if they think I'm dumb? My heartbeat quickened again, making me more nervous than I was when we arrived.

"Alright, miss. You can go on up now."

"Wh-what?" I glance up at the security guard who stared down at me. Suddenly, after waiting for so long, I wasn't sure if my stomach could handle actually meeting the band. My stomach lurched again as I bit down on my lip, grimacing.

When I didn't budge, he gestured forward. "Well? Look, we don't have time for this. There are more people waiting. If you don't want to go, please exit the line."

"Lisa!" I looked behind me at Bella who was giving me a look. "Go! Forward!"

I looked back at the security guard who was reaching for his walkie-talkie. "N-no, I'm…I'll go." I took one stop onto the stage. And then another. And then two more. I did it. I'm on the stage and I didn't throw up. I clutch onto the stuffie that I held in my arms tighter before looking up. Seungcheol was waiting for me at his seat. He gave me a friendly wave and I felt my stomach lurch again. I took a deep breath, glancing back at Bella who urged me on and even glanced over to Jordan who gave me a look with raised eyebrows. I then, took a step forward and greeted the first member.

"Anyoung haseyo!"