Chapter Three

I Wish You Were Here

chapter three; 

                  doyoon's pov

Image

» I don't believe it.

It's been three years yet here she was. Lisa Kwang was right next to me. Just like old times.

I watched her laugh at Jordan who had yet again, missed his shot at skee ball. She's gotten more prettier than she was before, having a cute laugh and smile. My heart instantly swelled when I saw her at the store but I wasn't 100% sure that it was her. But then I saw her bracelet on the ground and I knew it was. Everything clicked into place more when she said her name. 

She hadn't mentioned anything to me yet, so I was unsure if she even remembered me at all - if she even wanted to remember me. She had new friends (which I was quite jealous of, hello, Lisa is my best friend, don't touch her). After all, I had played the bad friend card and ditched her. I hesitated, debating whether to ask her about it or not and decided not to - how awkward would it be if she didn't remember? How embarrassing would it be if she got mad and didn't even want to talk to me?

But the other side of me was dying to go, "Lisa! I did it! I'm halfway towards my dream! I'm halfway to becoming an idol!" I wanted to hug her, tell her how much I missed her and how badly I wanted to see her again. How I thought of her every single day and that there wasn't a day where she didn't cross my mind. 

"Doyoon!" I glance up at Lisa who was holding onto her stomach from laughing. "Come show Jordan how to play skee ball, please. He completely at it!"

I laugh, shaking my head as I approached the three. Jordan was still attempting the game, probably already pouring more than five bucks to the game. Yet still, he was stuck at 60 points. 

"God, Jordan. Just aim it higher!" Bella whines.

"THAT'S WHAT I'M DOING," Jordan snaps.

"Let Doyoon try," Lisa suggests between laughs. "I'm sure anyone can do better than Jordan."

Jordan reluctantly hands over the white rubber ball to me. I squint my eyes, throwing the ball into the lane and getting 100 points. Bella and Lisa cheer whereas Jordan mumbles something about luck, but I fear he's right. In the end, i get enough points to get a large snake which I hand over to Bella who was wanting a prize. She claps her hand excitedly before taking it from me and making a face at Jordan. 

We head over to the rides like merry go round (Lisa and Bella rode while Jordan and I watched because it's a merry go round) and before you know it, it's 9:00.

Lisa yawns, rubbing her eyes. "I think I'm going to go home." She faces Bella and Jordan who nod before looking over to me. "What about you?"

I shrug. "I should get going too. My friends are probably worrying about me."

So, all of us climb on the bus again, only this time we are headed home. Jordan and Bella get off on their stops, saying goodbye and agreeing to meet each other again the next day. Soon, it was just me and Lisa. Alone. I feel tense again, growing nervous that something might slip out my mouth unintentionally. 

"So, this Saturday, my mom is letting me Jordan and Bella over for dinner," Lisa says suddenly, turning to face me. "I'm sure she won't mind me bringing another friend." She pauses. "If you don't have plans, I mean."

I hesitate, knowing that Saturday I would have to do 17tv. "Actually, I do have plans."

"Oh."

It goes silent again and I regret declining. Why was I hiding that I was part of Seventeen? Well, because I felt as if it was a mask of sorts. If I did tell them, what if they treated me differently? I hated that. I hated when people treated you different because you were a celebrity. Better question, why hadn't they noticed yet? I thought about it for a moment, pondering on the possibilities. 

A) They weren't big fans of Seventeen (although that didn't make any sense if they were going to the fansigning tomorrow)

B) They didn't recognize me (because well they had only seen the band over uStream and our camera quality wasn't so hot)

C) They didn't want to bring it up

"This is my stop," Lisa says, standing up. 

"Me too." I get up, follow her off the bus and began walking next to her. I enjoyed her company. I missed her and now that I had her again, I wasn't ready to let go. "So, tell me about yourself."

Lisa glances over to me and laughs. "What do you want to know?"

I think for a moment, starting off simple. "Okay, biggest pet peeve?"

She pauses. "The sound of the ukulele at night," she finally declares

I laugh. "What?"

She shrugs. "It's a bit irritating, isn't it?" She laughs along with me. "Next question."

"Who do you miss the most out of your entire life?"

She flinches. "Um, no one," she finally says. My heart deflates and she sighs, looking over to me again. "Everyone that I need is already with me." I nod, stopping with her right in front of her house. It hasn't changed at all. Nothing has. Not the the house, not Lisa. She nods at me, sighing again. "Okay, well, I'll hopefully see you tomorrow then!"

"Yeah, that sounds about right." I glance at my watch and grimace. "I gotta catch the bus back home before I miss my curfew.

She frowns, making a face. "I thought this was your stop."

I grin cheekily at her. "It's not. I just wanted to walk you home."

She laughs, shaking her head. "Well, goodnight."

"Goodnight."

And I watch her walk up her driveway before turning around and headed home myself, grinning the entire way home. I had seen her again. Three years passed and I got to see her again.

 

Image