Chapter Twelve

I Wish You Were Here

chapter twelve; 

                  mine

Image

»  "I have a suggestion," Bella exclaims once we reach them. She eyes my hand which was holding Doyoon's and I immediately let go, dusting my shirt off.

"What is it?" I asked, not glancing up from my shirt as I continued to pick invisible dust particles off.

"Who visits the park without a good ol' game of tag?"

I glance up only to have a hand tapped on to Doyon's shoulder and everyone scatters, laughing. I look at him for a second before processing what was happening, laughing myself before running. I already knew that he'd come after me first since I was the closest so I ran as fast as I could, racing to Jordan to hopefully get him off my tail. I laughed, running behind Jordan and held onto his shoulders, hiding behind him.

"Yah, why are you hiding behind me?" Jordan exclaimed, trying to get me off his back. "Go hide behind Bella," he shouts in between laughs.

He manages to shake me off and runs right, giving Doyoon chance after him instead. I run away from their commotion, running behind a playscape and hiding underneath, crouching down. I take a moment to catch my breath, and I'm pretty sure soon enough the other three have forgotten about me. Suddenly, it goes quiet and I frown. Would they have left without me? I stood off, patting off the sand on my pants before leaning against the slide. I carefully slid across the smooth, yellow surface and peeked my head out the side.

"Hello?" I whispered, glancing around the deserted park. I turn back around only to come face to face with Doyoon. I gasp while he grins, his hair lightly tousled by the wind. "God, Doyoon! You scared me!"

He ignores me, and laughs. "Really, Lisa! Was this where you were hiding all this time?" He asks.

"Was I really that good at hiding for you guys to not find me?" I asked, glancing behind the slide again. "Where's Bella and Jordan? Who's it?"

"Me." I turn back around and make a face to his grinning, devious smile.

"Please tell me you're joking."

He shrugs. "'Fraid not, Lisa." He leans in close. "Tell you what, I'll give you five seconds to run."

So I run.

I hear Bella let out a laugh and I glance up as she swings her legs over a tree branch. "That’s where you were hiding? Who would have known?"

I pause, placing my hands on my hips as I looked up at her. "How come you haven't been caught yet?" I yell up at her.

She shrugs. "Doyoon can't climb trees. Go figure." I laugh, shaking my head when she glances past my direction. "So, is Doyoon still it?"

"Uh, yeah," I reply, running a hand through my hair. "I managed to lose him halfway. He really is a slow runner."

She raises her eyebrows. "Yeah, well you obviously didn't do a very good job. He's on his way."

I turn back just enough to see Doyoon race across the empty field. I start to run again but after a while of crouching, your knees and legs are weak. I stop for a break just long enough for Doyoon to tackle me from behind, pushing us both onto the ground. I laugh, trying to squirm out of his reach but he holds me still, my body wedged between his legs and his hands clasped onto my wrists.

"Yah, Doyoon-ah!" I shouted between laughs. "Let me go."

"Never!" He shouts, laughing as well. He looks down at me, his brown eyes staring into mine, the grin never fazing from when he found me before. "I caught you, Lisa. You're mine now."

Image

»  We're all walking towards my street now, away from the park, my stomach still full of giggles. I was on top of the clouds, my mood over the hills. It was a perfect way to end the night.

"I should get home before it gets late," Jordan says, sighing as he glances at his watch. It's 9:49. He glances at Bella and Doyoon, raising his eyebrows. "Are you guys going to stay or go as well?" He asked, cocking his head to the side. Doyoon runs his hand through his hair

"I'll walk you guys to the bus stop," I suggested, following the three of them.

Bella launches a conversation starter about what we should do tomorrow and I glance over to Doyoon who grimaces. There was a reason I didn't want to be close with Doyoon. It was because there'd be times where'd he disappoint us by canceling plans. Remembering that I had plans tomorrow to go to 17tv, I spoke up.

"Actually, tomorrow I have somewhere to go," I pitched.

Bella looks over surprised. "Where are you going?" Jordan asked, frowning.

"Doyoon invited me to see 17tv tomorrow," I said quietly, scanning the ground.

"I would invite you all, but my manager is strict with bringing people in," Doyoon defends, frowning as he squinted his eyes.

"It's alright," Bella pips up and I feel Doyoon sigh with relief.

However, Jordan wears a frown with his eyebrows furrowed. "So it'll be just the two of you?"

"And the rest of Seventeen," Doyoon pointed out even though he wasn't talking to him. Jordan shot him an icy glare before facing me again.

"Ne, what Doyoon said," I said, giving Jordan a confused look. Jordan makes a face, glaring at Doyoon again before turning around and walking to the bus stop ahead of us. "Yah, what's wrong with you? I won't be gone all summer. It's just one day I won't be here," I called out.

He stops walking and turns around. "It's just that you barely know him and you met like two days ago, and you're already hanging out with him alone," Jordan shot, before turning back around.

"Sorry for making new friends," I shout, huffing. "What's his problem?"

"Jealousy," Bella sings, studying her nails.

"What?" I make a face.

"Well, he's always been the main best guy friend you had and our pal Doyoon shows up and he's already included in all our plans," Bella explains, thinking. "Not that I have anything over you, Doyoon," she quickly points out.

Doyoon shakes his head. "It's fine. I didn't mean to make him jealous though." He shrugs.

"Forget about it," I grumbled, continuing on the walk to the bus stop.

What could Jordan be jealous of? He even said so himself - I barely know Doyoon whereas he's been my friend for the longest time.  Again, I started to feel bad for Doyoon; having to deal with troubles like this. I wondered how much he had risked just to come to dinner today. How about when him and Jordan were alone? What were they being so secretive about? Then, my mind wandered to when we were alone and when he was going to say something until Jordan interrupted. Jordan, Doyoon, Jordan, Doyoon. The troubles of tonight seemed to revolve around the two of them. I frowned, my head starting to hurt.

"I guess Jordan's bus already came," Bella said when we reached the bus stop to find it vacant. "Lucky for him."

"Hey, but 17tv starts in the evening," I pointed out. "You guys can still hang out in the morning or afternoon."

Lisa looks over to Bella with a expectant look. Bella grins, "I have to buy a gift for my dad. His birthday is coming up. You want to go to the mall again?"

I nod. "Sure, but do you mind not telling Jordan? I kind of want a girls only morning." I grimaced once the words left my mouth, feeling guilty.

"No problem. He's annoying." Another bus rolled up, and the doors opened. Bella sighed, fixing her sweater before standing up. "This is my bus," Bella says, glancing over to us. "Lisa, I'll call you later, okay?"

I hold up an 'okay' sign a she climbs on the bus. "Oh!" Doyoon exclaims, turning to me. "Your number! It would be smart if I had it so you can call me when you reach 17tv."

I nod slowly, telling him my digits. "Are you sure it's okay that I come?"

"Ne, we don't do much on Saturdays anyways," he replies, typing in my number onto his phone. He pauses, "or maybe it would be more wise if I was to come by and pick you up so we can go together."

I shrugged. "It's up to you."

"I'll probably come by. That way I can see you more." He gives me a cheesy grin and I laugh, shaking my head. Whatever the reason was, he's been acting weird since dinner, flirting and giving more skinship. Suddenly, Doyoon heaves a sigh beside me. "Lisa, I have two things to tell you."

My heart quickens it's pace, a million things running through my mind. "Which are?"

He laughs. "I can't tell you now but I just wanted to let you know."

I sigh, frustrated. "Ah, really! What kind of person does that?" I whine.

He pauses just as a bus rolls up, the doors opening as they did for Bella. "Okay, I'll tell you one thing," he says, standing up.

I stand up too. "What is it?"

He steps onto the bus, and looks back at me. "Lisa Kwang, I think I might have a crush on you."

"Wh - what?" With that, the bus doors close, pulling away from the curb, leaving me with a million more questions than I had before.

 AUTHOR'S NOTES 
IN OTHER NEWS DID Y'ALL SEE THE WOLF DRAMA VER MV???? LUHAN????? KAI???? EXO???? I THINK IM CRYING

friday night i felt so terrible because cory monieth from glee passed away around 1/2AM and though i was never a fan of glee, i can't imagine how his fans, family and friends feel. all my prayers go out to them. i love you all, stay safe.