Chapter Fifteen

I Wish You Were Here

chapter fifteen; 

                  triangle 

Image

»  Jordan storms into the practice room, not taking notice of the people around him and marches up to Doyoon. He looks mad - maybe even furious. It seems as if I was right to wait but even so, he found out anyways. "I'd like to have a word with you," he demands, making my heart shrink.

"Jordan?" I'm surprised. "What are you - "

"I'd like to speak with Doyoon," he shoots, not even looking at me.

"Lisa, you know this guy?" Seungcheol asks, scoffing. "Yah, where are your manners? Doyoon is older than you," Seungcheol shot from the side where he sat, flinging the soccer ball in the air and catching it several times. Up, down, up, down.

Jordan turns and points a finger at him. "Stay out of it."

"Jordan, you're making a scene," I hissed, growing embarrassed. "Can't this wait till tomorrow?"

"Lisa, you stay out of this too. I didn't come to talk to you, I came to talk to Doyoon."

Doyoon looks just as surprised. "About what?"

"Don't act all innocent," Jordan hissed.

"Yah, can you back off? You can't just come in here and make a scene out of everything."

Wonwoo looks peeved already, glaring at Jordan as he talks. Mingyu looks as confused as I do, trying to get a hold of what was happening. Mingming and Junhui could barely hold up with the Korean and Chan was whispering with Seungkwan as if they were sharing notes of the situation. Others stood by, watching Jordan spit out word after word.

"Who are you, even?" Seokmin speaks up, making a face.

"We have stuff to do. We don't have time for your childish antics," Jihoon says calmly. "Please leave."

Despite the words being thrown at him, Jordan stood his ground. "I came. To speak. To Doyoon."

I held my head in my hands, growing confused. Why was Jordan here? Because Doyoon and I started to date? It made no sense.

"What's all the commotion about?" The room goes quiet as a middle aged woman steps into the room, her expression cold. "We have a stream to do and you're all standing around, arguing?" She eyes Jordan. "Who are you? What business do you have here?"

"I had business with - "

"Me!" I exclaimed, standing up. I knew that if Doyoon was responsible for this, he'd get scolded. At least with me, PD-nim wouldn't be able to do anything about Doyoon - just possibly hate me and never let me back. I can manage with that. "He followed me here. I'll get rid of him." I stand up and approach Jordan.

"I want to - "

"Come on, Jordan, let's go for a walk," I hissed through my gritted teeth, tugging on his arm and pulled him passed the group, out the practice room, passed another band (who looked like After School), and out the building.

"Ow, ow, ow! Aish, Lisa, let go of me," Jordan whined. I did as told, letting go of his arms and stood in front of him with my own arms crossed over my chest, glaring at him with my eyebrows arched while he rubbed his left wrist where I had held onto before. "You didn't have to hold on so tight - "

"Yes, Jordan, I did," I said bluntly, my eyes shooting daggers. "You barged into a business company, demanded to talk to someone and refused to leave when asked. So, I did, in fact, have to drag you out like you were five years old."

He doesn't reply and continues to rub his wrist, glancing at the ground. I stare at him waiting for him to say something, anything! But he doesn't. Instead, he stands still, eyes not looking at me and body frozen. I let out a desperate sigh, rubbing my forehead with my eyes closed.

"You're pissed," he mutters and I let out a dry laugh.

"Pissed? No, I'm more confused than pissed, Jor. What the hell are you even doing here?" I asked, flinging my arms in the air, walking around in a circle. "What business could you possibly have with Doyoon?" I shoot.

"You wouldn't understand," he mutters.

"Really? Well, please. I'm all ears. Enlighten me, Jordan."

"Why do you keep defending him?" Jordan suddenly shoots, surprising me. "What, is he your new best friend?"

I look at him like he's insane. "Defending him? What the -- how on Earth am I defending him? As much as I'd like to be on your side Jordan, you're not giving me much to work with."

"I liked you first, Lisa! I liked you first and he came in and stole you from me!" He shouts. A few birds nearby scatter at his level of noise and we're both standing in front of the building, alone.

I stare at him, gaping at him. Liked me...first? I shake my head, scrunching my eyebrows. "Jordan, what are you trying to say?"

He goes quiet for a moment before looking back up at me. "I liked you first, Lisa."

I blink once, twice. "Um..." I scrunch my face, searching for words. What to say, what to say? Jordan was nothing more than a friend to me. And well, I was dating Doyoon now. "Jordan, you're nice and you've been my friend for a long time but..." I pause, hesitating. "Please don't take this the wrong way but -- " I stop again, staring at him with worried eyes. I really didn't want to hurt him.

"Lisa, it's fine. I know you don't feel the same way. Even though I still hope every night you'll suddenly take interest in me, I just wanted to confess to get it off my chest but what I wanted to see Doyoon wasn't about stealing or whatever." He avoids my eyes again, walking over to the fountain in front of the building and sat at the edge. I follow him, curious.

"Then what the hell is this about?"

"He knew. That I liked you, I mean. And he confessed the same night he found out." He shrugs. "I don't know, I felt like it was a move. Confessing to you once he knew I liked you too."

I register this, blinking. "He...confessed yesterday night."

"Yeah, the same night I was planning to. But then he talked me out of doing so." He glances up at me quickly before down at the ground. "That's what we were talking about after we got Slushies."

I stand up, frowning. "Are you trying to tell me, Doyoon might have confessed me only to piss you off?"

Jordan shrugs. "The guy has it in for me." He stands up, dusts off his pants and gives me a half smile as if he had accomplished his mission. God, I wanted to punch him. And Doyoon. I hated both of them at the moment. "I guess I'll go now. Have fun at 17tv today."

Then, he walks away, his weight lighter whereas mine grew heavier. Was I, possibly, stuck in a love triangle?

 

Image

» "Doyoon-ah."

He glances up from his iPad and immediately straightens when he realizes it's me. He takes out his headphones and puts aside his electronic before looking up at me. "Hey. What'd Jordan want?"

I raised my eyebrows. "Um, yeah, well, funny you should ask..." I sit down on the ground next to him, and open my mouth to speak but close it. God, we just starting dating literally a few hours ago. Was it too good to be true? "I think you already know why he came though."

He makes a face. "Lisa, I don't know -- "

"Look, you can cut the act. I know you knew about Jordan liking me." I sighed, playing with my fingers as I spoke. I didn't want to look at Doyoon right now. In fact, I barely wanted to talk to him. But I decided that I should at least hear the other side. "Doyoon, do you...do you even like me at all? Or did you just tell me that to -- " I took a deep breath, trying to get ahold of myself.

"Woah, Lisa!" Doyoon exclaims. He holds onto my shoulders and shakes me a little. "Of course I like you, I ... I would never lie about something like that just to get at Jordan." He sighs, shaking his head. "I don't know what Jordan told you but yes, I did know of him liking you and yes, I did confess because I knew but not to get him riled up. I told because I didn't want to lose you."

I gave him a weak smile. "Lose me?"

"Yeah, I mean, I lost you once I'm not going to -- "

I hold up a hand, shaking my head with my eyes closed. "Wait, wait, wait. Lost me once?" I make a face. How could he possibly lose me already if we only known each other for a short time? I my head to the side and studied him, waiting for an explanation.

He blinks, staring at me. "Yeah," he clears his throat, "Before. When you were with Dongjin," He says slowly before letting out a nervous cough and I nod.

"Right."

"Listen, Lisa, I said so before. I really like you so please don't think anything different."

I give him a small smile and nod. "I won't have to if you don't do anything to make me think differently."

He laughs. "Deal."

 

Image

» "Food is here," Wonwoo calls and in 5.2 seconds, all boys that were practicing or on the floor had gotten up and ran towards the larger practice room. I can barely blink before I'm alone in the room, the other practice room filled with shouts already. Samuel peeks into the room and calls for me.

"Noona, hurry up or else all the food will be eaten!"

I laugh, making my way for the door. "That's alright. You guys need to eat to practice."

"Still. You need to eat too," he says, looking up at me. I smiled, ruffled his hair before following him to the others who were huddled over a table. The smell of freshly fried chicken waffled in the air, making my stomach growl. Doyoon spots me coming and nods, grabbing me with his hand and tugs me to the table. He, then, rips off a piece of chicken from the wing he held and gestured for me to open my mouth. I do and he shoves the rest of the chicken wing into my mouth and pops the smaller piece (the one he ripped off) into his own. I let out a muffled shout which only makes him laugh.

I carefully take the chicken out of my mouth and chew at it gratefully while glaring at Doyoon. I glance around the table at the loud group. Mingming has Junhui in a headlock (God knows why), Seokmin was laughing at something Soonyoung was doing, the both of them laughing so hard they were in tears. Wonwoo was help Dongjin with some of the food, Mingyu shouting at Samuel and Hansol to stop using English, and Jihoon and Chan were discussing dance moves over a box of fries. They were a weird bunch. But it seemed as if everyone fit together somehow. I seem to have forgotten about the camera and whipped my head, staring at the blinking red light and grimaced.

"Ah, don't worry about the fans, Lisa," Jihoon says, catching me staring down the camera. "The others already told the fans of you."

I squint at him. "What'd they say?"

Mingyu speaks up, "we said you were Doyoon's friend - " A wink. " - and decided to stop by for practice."

"Ah." I nodded slowly. The friend part didn't bother me as it would to other girls because I knew since he was a idol, dating would be hard for the company to accept. I pondered on how the fans were reacting - jealously I'm sure was one of them. I decided not to think much of it and continued biting on the chicken wing.

"After this, they say we're playing a game," Doyoon whispers to me and I blink.

"What kind of game?"

 He shrugs. "None of us really know till we start to play."

"I hope you lose," I said, grinning at him.

"Thanks, jagi-ah." He laughs, shaking his head.

 

Image

»  "I can't believe Seungcheol oppa got the soccer ball stuck in the roof." I shook my head, laughing as Doyoon and I walked from the bus stop towards my home. After their game (it was some dumb counting game that I never really knew the title to), they said their goodbye to the camera and practiced a little bit more before calling it quits. Doyoon was dropping me off home again and I was relieved because it was pretty late and you don't know who was out…No, I'm just joking. I just enjoy his company. (But the other reason can be accepted as well).

"I bet PD-nim is scolding him right now as we speak," Doyoon agrees, laughing along. We continue to walk in silence, hearing nothing but the road a few meters back. "Hey, maybe tomorrow we can - "

"Actually, tomorrow I'm probably going to take a break day. You know, just kick back. Sleep in. The usual."

He nods understandingly and I sigh with relief. "Some other time then."

"You have my number," I replied, smiling.

Suddenly, I feel his hands link with mine and I look over surprised. He stares straight ahead, a smile on his lips and his cheeks tinted with pink. "You know I'm really glad we're giving this a shot."

"Aish, you're so cheesy," I replied, shaking my head, pulling my hand from his.

"No, seriously. It means a lot to me." He takes my hand again and this time I let him. His hands are warm. "You know it's hard to be an idol and I'm hoping you stay by my side through everything, Lisa."

"Cheesy," I sung.

"Aish, jagi-ah!" He exclaims, laughing as he runs his free hand in his hair. "You're making it hard for me to make this memorable. Today was our first day together, ani?"

I rolled my eyes, slowly nodding. I sighed, frowning. "Ne, it was. Mianhae, continue on with your speech, Obama." He gives me a look and I giggle as near my house. "Okay, sorry. Continue."

"I mean, I never really know if someone likes me for the fame or for me you know? It sounds cliché, I know. It seems like every movie or book someone says that but it's true."

He shrugs when we stop in front of my house. All lights were off except for the bedrooms so I guess everyone had already called quits on the night. I turn around and hold his other hand, staring at him with a raised eyebrow. I could see his cheeks were tinted even in the sunsets light and I laughed, shaking my head. His eyes were bright like the stars that were beginning to come out and his lips were a pale pink, like a rose in springs bloom. I laughed at myself. Now who was being cheesy? Suddenly, he brings me in a hug, holding me close to his chest. He's warm and his scent is sweet.

I really wanted to kiss him.

I quickly pull away from him and go on my tippy toes, kissing him quickly on his cheek before turning and walking up my driveway, my chest pounding. Did I just do that? I think I did. Oh, god. I feel my cheeks heat up and I run my hand through my hair as I make my way up the driveway which seemed to be much longer than it really was. I mentally punch myself as I walk up my front steps when Doyoon calls out after me.

"You have soft lips!" He shouts.

A smile creeps onto my face. "Goodnight, Doyoon," I called from the door. He stands at the end of the driveway, grinning, and waves until I close the door.

He made my heart skip a beat. I guess we clicked. Sometimes when you meet someone, there's' a click. I don't believe in love at first sight but I believe in that click. 

 

Image

AUTHOR'S NOTES 

whee how was the chapter??? i just wanted to give y'all a heads up about the next chapter which will be a split chapter so basically, half of it will be lisa's pov and the other half will be doyoon's pov since both wont be long enough to cover a whole chapter!!! idk if that makes sense but if it doesnt just sit tight in ur lil seat and wait for the next chapter

thanks again for reading!!! y'all are my lil butterflies x