Chapter Five

I Wish You Were Here

chapter five; 

                  revealed

Image

» Seungcheol greets me with an excited smile, his eyes bright and smile wide. I had to give it to him, even after the large amount of people in front of me, he never fazed to look tired or worn out. Maybe he wasn't even tired. Maybe he was enjoying every second of this as much as the fans were. "Anyoung haseyo," he greets, waving his two hands at me. He wraps his hands around mine and waves from side to side before letting go and picking up his black marker. "What's your name?"

My hands linger on his touch before distracting my mind as I run a hand through my hair, trying my best to find my words. "Lisa," I manage to croak, giving him a tight smile.

He smiles, uncapping his marker, hovering it above the Seventeen poster before looking back up at me. "Did you come alone?"

I shake my head. "No, my friends came with me." I gestured at Bella and Jordan who looked like they were arguing again. The security guard near them looked annoyed and tired and I tried my best not to laugh. I turn back to face him to see him staring at my two friends in confusion and shakes his head, laughing.

He scribbles his signature across the poster before glancing up at me and laughs again. "Are you nervous?"

I grimace. Was it that obvious? "A little," I admit.

He hands the poster over to me with another warm smile. "Don't be. You'll do fine. Thank you for supporting Seventeen!"

I give him a meek smile, taking the poster from him before moving on down, approaching Jihoon. He's wearing a leather jacket over a faded blue t-shirt. He grins at me, giving a small wave as I hand him my poster which he gladly takes. "Anyoung haseyo!" He exclaims, giving me an eye smile.

I echo the greeting as he signs the poster. "Your jacket looks nice on you," I blurt out, just to fill in the awkward void of a silence between us. He glances up at me in surprises before laughing.

"You think?" He asks. I nod as he pauses, glancing down at himself before up at me again. "Thanks. The stylists picked it out for me."   

"Well, they're doing a good job then," I declare and he laughs again, a butterfly feeling bubbled from my stomach knowing that I could make him laugh. He slides the poster over to the next member before thanking me for supporting Seventeen and for coming today as my nervousness started to die down.

Image

» Wonwoo, Hansol, Dongjin… I moved past the rest of the members smoothly, greeting them and complimenting them without choking on my words or throwing up on them. "Kamsahamnida," I exclaim as Chan slides my poster over to the next member. He salutes at me before directing his focus on the next fan in front of him. I'm about to greet the next member when there's a sudden vibration from my bag. I fumble through my belongings, searching for my phone. There it is. I pick it up, studying the screen. Nope, no messages, no calls. That's weird. I swear I felt a vibration -

A laugh. "Am I not special enough for your attention?"

"Oh!" I shove my phone back in my bag before facing the front again. "Sorry, I - "

Doyoon.

He's wearing a black crewneck that is sitting comfortably on him, having the word OBEY across it in red letters. His hair is lightly ruffled, reaching the top of his eyes as he blinks, staring back at me. I start to put the pieces together. Why didn't I see it before? After all, how many Doyoon's could there be? It was obvious now that I was looking back. Living with friends? Pledis fan? Coincidentally going at a Seventeen fanmeeting? I gawk at him for a moment, trying to process the situation. He stares back, his face growing red.

"Lisa." He avoids my eyes, drawing circles on the poster. "You made it to the fanmeeting."

"Doyoon!" I exclaim, clearly surprised. "You didn’t say - I'm...you're a part of Seventeen?"

"Yeah," he replies awkwardly, rubbing the nape of his neck. Lee Chan chuckles next to them, shaking his head, muttering something about going to the malls alone.

"Why didn't you tell us yesterday?" I asked, frowning.

"I didn't want you to treat me differently," he mutters, uncapping the marker and doodling his name onto the poster.

I frown. "I'm not that kind of person." I could feel people beginning to stare and listen in on our conversation so I dropped the hands on my hips and sighed. "Well, since we're seeing each other again…" I shove the stuffed peas at him shyly.

"For me?" He asked, surprised. He holds it up and smiles.

"Yeah."

"Thanks."

"No problem," I mutter. I scan the ground as if I lost something. "Well, thank you for signing my poster. I guess I'll see you."

Thankfully he nods, not another word coming out his mouth as he slides the poster over before leaving the stuffie on his lap. "Oh, wait, Lisa, one more thing." I glance back over to him, eyes wide as I raised my eyebrows. "Sorry. For lying, I mean."

I shrug. I wasn't mad at him. I knew the insecurity of making new friends when you were an idol - it seemed like you never knew who wanted to be friends with you or who wanted to be friends with your fame. "It's okay. It happens."

Before he say anything else and make things more awkward, I quickly move over to Samuel who laughs, signing his name carefully on my poster. He looks up at me with his bright eyes and grins. "Can I be honest with you, noona?"

I frown. "What is it?"

"I think you make hyung nervous." He laughs again, handing my poster over to me with a smile.

I give him a meek smile. "Why's that?"

"He's never at a loss of words."

I shrug. "Everybody gets nervous."

Samuel shakes his head. "Not hyung. He's never nervous."