Chapter Fourteen

I Wish You Were Here

Chapter fourteen; 

                  knock knock, trouble's here

Image

»  "Coffee ice cream," Doyoon says knowingly, shaking his head as we sat in the ice cream booth; me with coffee ice cream and him with strawberry. "I never would have known. You look like a vanilla kind of girl."

"What is that even supposed to mean?" I asked, laughing. "You look like a strawberry kind of guy."

He raises an eyebrow, smirking. "Really? Where'd you get that idea?" He asked, gesturing to his bowl of pink ice cream.

I laughed, spooning another bit of ice cream into my mouth. It was strange. I actually felt more relaxed and normal around him now than I had before. Maybe it was because we had no passed the awkward stage. I hope we wouldn't bump into that again because truth was, I liked having Doyoon around.

"17tv starts at seven so we can leave at six. It's only a fifteen minute walk from here," he explains, his spoon.

"What time is it now?"

He glances at his watch. "5:41," he replies. "We have another nineteen minutes of bliss till we reach Pledis. It's a mess in there."

"I'm sure your bandmates aren't that bad," I said.

"It's a group of sixteen boys from all ages in one practice room," he points out, raising an eyebrow as he holds his spoon to me. "Not as bad? It's always a ruckus in there."

I shook my head, leaving the subject to deal with later. There was no point of defending something I didn't know of well.

Six o'clock came and we sat around for another few minutes before getting up from our booth, sliding in the chairs and grabbing our trash, headed for the garbage. We throw in our empty ice cream bowls, spoons and napkins before pushing the door, making our way out.

The bell at the door tinkles as we leave, bidding us goodbye as we make our way to the company. One step, two step, another few when suddenly, a drop falls onto my arm. I wipe at it, not thinking much of it (or maybe Doyoon had a drooling problem that I wasn't aware of). But then, another drop falls onto my cheek, and then my hand. I glanced up at the once clear blue sky to find it gray with several clouds above us before glancing over to Doyoon. He looks over to me and gives me a cheesy grin as if he knows what's going to happen next.

It starts to pour. Like, really pour.

Huge raindrops fall from the sky, making people scatter to their car or back inside the buildings. We make a run for coverage under a convenient store and stood under the side roofs as the pitter patter of rain surrounded us.

"We can't stand here forever," I pointed out. But the rain didn't look like it was about to give up. "God, this is so cheesy and cliché!"

"You know what'd be handy around now?"

"An umbrella? Or maybe a boyfriend who has a car?"

"Yes. But unfortunately, you have neither. So guess what your last option is, Ms. Kwang."

"Let me see, run?"

"Bingo."

He grabs a hold of my hand, tugging me out from under and immediately, we're pelted with raindrops. Within minutes, we're soaked but he holds onto my hand tightly as he pulls me along, as we zig zagged between cars and streets. I brushed my wet hair out of eyes when Doyoon slowed down a little bit, his pace dropping to a jog instead of a run and there it was.

Pledis Entertainment.

Doyoon pushes the door and I step inside the building after Doyoon, laughing. The front desk lady stares at us in shock as we drain out our soaked clothes, water dripping within each movement we made. I'm straining my hair when Doyoon looks behind me and groans, running a hand through his wet hair.

"You have to be kidding me," he mutters and I look behind me to see what he's talking about. When I do, I make a noise identical to his.

The sky is a bright blue, a rainbow taking the place of the grey clouds, making the place shine.

 

Image

» "Anyonghaseyo," Doyoon greets as we enter the green practice room. Several heads glance up from their electronics or conversations and stared at me with a curious expression; others continued with their practice and barely looked my way.

"Hyung!" A member calls from a table where four of them stood, huddled around a piece of paper. It takes me a moment to realize it's Soonyoung. "We're picking what we want for dinner now. What's your vote?"

"Uh, chicken!" Doyoon replies before tugging on my arm. He faces me and gestures for me to follow. "Come on, I'll introduce you to the members."

We approach a line of members that lean against the wall, headphones in and eyes glued to a electronic screen. The first two people, I can already tell, is Mingyu and Wonwoo. Mingyu's long legs stretched out in front of him as Wonwoo's small eyes glances up when we stand in front of them and they each pull out a bud that was stuffed into their ear.

Mingyu grins up at us, bowing his head slightly. "Anyonghasyeo!" He waves while Wonwoo mumbles the same greeting.

"Mingyu, Wonwoo, this is Lisa," Doyoon introduces.

"Anyonghasyeo," I said, returning the gesture, bowing. Before they or I can say something, a joyful voice speaks out.

"Hey, you're the one from the fan signing, aren't you?" Chan bounds up to us, bouncing.

This catches attention of many members. Seungkwan, Dongjin and Seungcheol make their way over, the four of us suddenly grows into a much larger group. Seungkwan leans against the wall, amazed while Seungkwan attempts conversation.

"How'd you guys meet?" Seungkwan asks. "You must be happy to be able to hang with an idol, am I right…uh…?"

"You can call me Lisa," I said, smiling at him.

"How old are you?" Seungcheol asks, pointing to me as he slings his right arm over Doyoon's shoulders. His brown hair covers the top of his eyes

"Sixteen," I reply, blinking.

"Ah, Seungkwan, you gotta call her noona," Mingyu laughs as he stands up, Wonwoo doing the same as Mingyu nudging Seungkwan, slapped his left arm lightly. "So do you two," he continues, gesturing at Chan and Dongjin.

Seungkwan shrugs, rubbing his arm slightly. "If that's okay with you?" Dongjin asks, looking at me with wide eyes.

They were all so cute! I laugh, shaking my head. "It doesn't matter to me."

"Yah, Doyoon hyung!" A small boy gestures from in front of the triangle of boys. It's Jihoon and behind him stand Hansol, Seokmin and Soonyoung. All four boys are sweating, panting hard as Doyoon and Seungcheol go over to see what the problem was. Wonwoo, Mingyu, Seungkwan and Soonyoung follow, leaving me confused as if what to do next. Do I follow? Do I stay? No, it'd be stupid to stay. No one is even here and -

"Noona, come on, let's go see the other members," Dongjin calls, pulling me by my hands. I follow along just as Jihoon is asking for advice on a dance move. Soonyoung says something before showing him another and the group breaks out into an argument as to what the steps were. "It's almost time for the stream. Let's go find the others?" Dongjin suggests.

"Uh…" The others? I barely knew the others! Who was I to tell them that their stream was starting? But Dongjin looked at me with such expectation I had no choice but to meekly nod before he pulled me towards the other practice room that was linked the main one. On the way, I dropped my backpack on the ground, leaving it where Wonwoo and Mingyu were sitting before and hurried after the younger boy.

There are two pairs in the second practice room - one being the Chinese couple and the other being Jisoo and Junghan. Both were in different corners with their own electronics, practicing different things. In one corner, Mingming and Junhui sat in chairs, hovering over an iPad with headphones in. In the other, Jisoo is holding onto his guitar with his Mac open in front of him with Junghan by his side, singing along to whatever song or rap they were practicing.

"Hyung!" Dongjin greets, pulling us over to Jisoo and Junghan first. They both look at us but their gaze hovers on me. "The stream is starting soon, you should come to the practice room."

They don't protest and stand up, giving Dongjin permission to go get the others. I'm about to follow Dongjin over to the other pair, turning on my heel, when Jisoo speaks. "Um," I whip my head around, alarmed. Did I do something to offend them? Was I not supposed to be here? I blink, staring at them with side eyes. "I don't think we met…?"

"Oh," I sigh of relief. "Sorry, I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Lisa," I bow slightly. "I came with Doyoon," I explained, giving them a half smile. Did I come off as impolite? God, why did I decide to come? I hadn't been here for more than an hour and already I had embarrassed myself.

"Ah, you're the friend hyung told us about." Junghan nods, nudging his friend with a smirk.

I frowned. "Did he say bad things about me?" I asked, placing my hands on my hips as I pouted.

Jisoo laughs shyly. "Ani, he said good things about you. Really good things."

I nod triumphantly. "Good, he better have."

The two laugh, shaking their head. "Ah, you're funny, Lisa," Junghan says, smiling at me. "I'm glad you came. Keep Doyoon in his place."

I laughed along. "Will do."

"How'd you meet him anyways?" Jisoo asks, slinging his guitar over his shoulder. "He told me you met in school -- "

"He means pool," Junghan said, before looking over to Jisoo with wide eyes. I cocked my head to the side, wondering why they were acting a bit weird. School? Pool?

"Um…ani, we met at the mall…" I replied, deciding to ignore their behavior as for now. "He found my lucky bracelet and returned it to me."

"That was nice of him. Why doesn't he do that around here? He leaves his stuff everywhere," Junghan complains, laughing as he rolled his eyes. He sighs, stretching his back. "We should go to the main practice room now, right?"

"Noona!~" Dongjin calls for me at the doors, as if on cue, just as Junhui and Mingming walk through it. Guess I had missed them. I hurried over to Dongjin (who seemed to be the only friend I had at the moment) with the two best friends behind me and followed the thirteen year old into the main practice room again, the group already huddling together for the camera.

Doyoon glances back as we walk in and sighs, walking over to me. "Yah, where did you go? You had me worried."

I make a face. "I was gone for a few minutes."

"Doing what?"

"I was with Dongjin, relax. I was talking to Jisoo oppa and Junghan oppa," I replied, shrugging.

He slants his eyes. "About what?"

I raised an eyebrow. "Are you jealous?" I asked, tapping his nose. "Aw."

He swats at my hand, his face flushing. "No, because you met them a few minutes ago. I was curious at what you guys could possibly have to talk about."

"Right." I rolled my eyes as my phone pings in my back pocket. I take it out to see another text from Bella. That girl really did miss me, didn't she? I laughed to myself as I opened the text.

6:58PM Bella: Ummmm, Lisa, you didn't tell Jordan about you and Doyoon yet?

I frowned, reading the text again. "What is it?" Doyoon asks, peeking over my phone.

I shake my head before replying. "Nothing, she just…" My voice trails off as my fingers hit the keys before pressing send.

6:59PM You: Ani, I haven't gotten around to it yet

6:59PM You: And I wanted to let him cool down from yesterday before I do

6:59PM You: For some reason i dont think he'd support the two of us ;; 

I glance up at the lively group who were talking among themselves and I stepped to the side just in case the camera was to turn on any minute. Just then, my phone pings again.

7:00PM Bella: In that case, mianhae

7:01PM Bella: I may have told him for you ㅠㅠ

What…?

"Sorry but you can't come in - HEY!"

"Doyoon!"

My head jolts up at the noise being made and I squint my eyes at the figure who stomps into the room, steaming mad. His glasses glint in the light so I can't see the eyes but I can (sadly) already tell who it is.

God, what the hell was Jordan doing here and why was he looking for Doyoon?