Chapter 5

My Best Friend's Wedding

Nina’s venue was at Gotham Hall. Of course the staff at Gotham Hall could have decorated for her but she opted for her own designer who was more expensive. Nina loved to make things more expensive and complicated but this venue was worth it. It was absolutely gorgeous. It was 3,000 square feet of opulence and class. The full length sky light was nice now but I knew it would be breathtaking at night to see the night sky while dancing at the reception. Just when I finished marveling at the venue Nina’s designer arrived. It was funny how they were exactly the same. Neither would budge and they argued their point in the exact same way.

Designer: This place is huge. We didn’t agree on this size.

Nina: I told you there would be at least 300 people. How small of a place do you expect me to get.

Designer: It doesn’t have to be this big. This is not what I signed up for.

I just sat back and watched them argue for a while. It was funny to see them argue back and forth. Soon I knew I had to intervene since I had even more errands to run for this wedding and I wanted to finish them before the sun went down. I stepped in between them to get to the bottom of the issue fast.

You: Okay, okay, okay. How big were you thinking the venue would be?

Designer: I don’t know. But not this big that’s for sure!

You: What’s the problem with it being this big?

Designer: Well time for one. Then I would have to hire more people. Definitely would require more decorations.

You: All I’m hearing is you can do it, you just don’t want to.

He stopped and thought about what I had just said. I think he came to the realization that he really could decorate this wedding as planned.

Designer: But…

You: Nina has the venue for the whole day but we won’t use it until 6pm so you have plenty of time. You don’t even have to hire new people. Just call another company to use some of their employees for the day and I’m sure Nina would pay for the decorations.

Nina: Of course Daesung would pay for them.

I just laughed at her and shook my head.

Nina: What? I’m serious.

You: That’s why it’s so funny.

Designer: Well….I guess you’re right. I will do it Nina.

Nina: Ahhhh! Thank you, thank you, thank you! You’re the best!

Nina had practically tackled the designer.

Designer: No problem.

As much as I wanted to stay I needed to go buy the cuff links for the boys.

You: Nina I’m going to run some more errands so I will see you back in the hotel.

Nina: Okay.

She came and gave me a hug before I left.

Nina: Thanks for everything. I don’t want to know what my wedding would have been like without you.

You: That’s what friends are for *smile* So remember this for my wedding.

Nina: I will.

You: Alright bye.

I left Nina to go look for the cuff links. I went to Tiffany’s hoping to find the perfect cuff links. Thinking of Nina’s plans for her wedding in mind and what I thought was the boy’s style I started the search. They had sterling, white and yellow gold. I didn’t think yellow gold went with Nina’s design scheme so I looked at the sterling silver and white gold. The ones that I thought might be the ones was x’s and o’s to represent hugs and kisses. Those were perfect for Daesung. One down. 4 more to go. I easily found the ones for Taeyang, Seungri and Jiyong. For Taeyang I got the simple beveled titanium. Seungri got the silver with blue enamel. Jiyong’s was the most expensive with white gold and a diamond in each cuff link. But I had a hard time finding the ones for TOP. I didn’t think he was extravagant like Jiyong but I knew he wasn’t as simple as Taeyang. Then I seen them. They were white gold with midnight titanium in a basic design. I bought all the cuff links and almost fainted when I heard the price. It was $6,000 for the 5 cuff links with Jiyong’s and TOP’s costing the most. After I got the cuff links I went to pick up the bridesmaid dresses before I headed back to the hotel. As soon as I walked into the living room I was attacked by Nina and the girls for the dresses.

Ashley: Which one is mine? I wanna try it now.

Nina: You’re all going to try it now because I want to make sure they fit perfectly.

You: Can I at least rest for a little bit?

Nina: After you try on the dress you can rest.

Daesung: Yeobo. She needs a break. She’s been running all over the place for you today.

Nina: I know she has but-

TOP: You want to make her run around more.

Everyone turned to look in TOP’s direction including me. He seriously lost his mind.