Chapter 13

My Best Friend's Wedding

I sat in my seat and waited for them to be done. It took 30 minutes but they finally came and piled into the van.

Nina: Why did you come in here?

You: Tired still.

Nina: Not too tired to try your dress on right?

You: Of course not.

Seungri: I can’t wait to see you in your dress.

I turned to give him a glare.

You: Who said you would see me in my dress.

Seungri: I don’t know why you fight our chemistry.

Jiyong laughed at Seungri’s comment and told him to let it go.

Seungri: No. Not until she goes on a date with me.

You: No. I will never go on a date with you.

Seungri: Why not? It’s not like you will find someone better than me.

You could see TOP slowly getting irritated but that last comment pushed him over the edge.

TOP: She said no and for good reason. You hit on her like a playboy. Maybe if you try to actually treat a woman like an equal she will go out with you.

Seungri: All I have to do is not use pickup lines on you?

TOP: No. She isn’t going to go out with you ever. Leave it alone and leave her alone or else.

He did it again. I’m glad he stood up for me but I would like it better if he talked to me. All the guys looked shocked but no one said anything after that. I hated awkward silences so I decided to just talk to Nina.

You: Did you pick a suit?

Nina: Yeah. TOP had a nice one that looked good on all the guys.

GD: I bought that baby blue one.

You: It looked good on you. I just told you no for the wedding hahaha.

GD: I know. I’ll try not to upstage you when we walk down the aisle.

I just laughed at him. He might have been the fashionista but he wasn’t going to upstage me.

You: I don’t want to hurt your feelings but you have no chance of upstaging me.

We all laughed before we pulled up to the hotel. We got out of the van and went up to the pent suite where the 3 other bridesmaids were waiting for us to try on our dresses.

Ashley: Took you guys long enough. Can we try on the dresses now?

Nina: Yes go on.

All the girls shrieked in excitement and ran to the rooms to change. I just followed along to go try on my dress. I hated dresses but I loved my dress. It was a gradient blue chiffon dress that was completely sheer at the ends. I put on the dress and shoes before I went downstairs. I was the last one down and I could tell that my dress was different from the other bridesmaids.

Nina: Ah ______ its perfect! Just like how I pictured it. Do you like it?

You: I like it. What about you guys?

I was asking the girls but the guys decided they should chime in.

GD: You were right. I’m not going to upstage you wearing that.

Seungri: You wanted to deny me the chance to see this. What kind of monster are you?

Taeyang: You look really pretty.

Daesung: Man guys the girls are going to make us look like I married up hahaha.

TOP: It’s nice.

I was disappointed with TOP’s comment.

You: All I get from him is “it’s nice”. Seriously what is his problem? Does he hate my dress?

You: Maybe it would look better on someone else. Ashley trade with me?

Ashley: Of course I will. That dress is gorgeous.

I didn't think about how Nina would react to my rejection of the dress she picked out for me.

Nina: No! Absolutely not! I picked that dress out for you.

You: Yeah but-

I couldn’t tell her I think my boyfriend hates it so I don’t want to wear it. Almost like he could hear my thoughts he left to go to the kitchen.

Ashley: Why does she get the better dress?

I was so glad Ashley wanted to argue now. While everyone watched the battle between Ashley and Nina I went into the kitchen. I couldn’t wait until later to talk to him. When I walked in he was looking out the window.

You: TOP.

He turned to look at me. He quickly turned back to look out of the window.

You: Seunghyun.

He didn’t say anything or even look at me. It honestly pissed me off.

You: I’m talking to you…would you at least acknowledge me….Tabi.

With a deep sigh he quickly came over and kissed me. I kissed him back before he lifted me up onto the counter. I wrapped my legs around his waist and put my arms around his neck. He pulled at my waist to bring me closer to him. Electricity pulsed through my body. I was slowly running out of breath when he pulled away giving me a chance to catch it.

TOP: I love that dress on you…..but I would prefer you taking it off.

I slapped his shoulder and pulled away from him.

You: Really? That’s all you think of me.

TOP: Says the girl who says our relationship hasn’t changed.

So that's what all of this was about. He was still mad about us having to keep our relationship a secret. I just shook my head at him.

You: That’s not what I said. I said me being your girl doesn’t change what we talked about. We have to keep our relationship a secret still.

TOP: *sigh* I know. I just don’t want to……So since we talked we can spend the night together now.

I rolled my eyes out of sheer frustation. He was completely hot and cold. There was no inbetween. Yes it made things interesting but it was also emotionally draining.

You: If that’s all you’re going to talk about you can go back to your silent treatment.

TOP: What are you talking about? Sorry I like my girlfriend sleeping in my arms and waking up to see her face in the morning.

I had the biggest grin. He made me feel like I was the only thing that mattered in his eyes.

TOP: They stopped fighting so you should go back out.

You: Okay. Love you.

I gave him a quick peck but stopped when I seen the look on his face.

You: What?

Then I realized what I just did. I told him I loved him for the first time. I looked down blushing and completely embarassed by the situation.

You: Umm...yeah....it's awkward now huh?

He just laughed before he pulled me back into his chest and wrapped his arms around me.

TOP: Of course not.

He kissed the top of my head but he didn't say I love you back. I looked up and seen him laughing to himself.

You: What's so funny?

TOP: Well. Now that I'm not mad I realized that you didn't do your homework did you?

You: Crap. I forgot. You shouldn't have gotten mad. I was too worried about making things right.

I pouted which only made him laugh more so I playfully hit his arm.

TOP: Well you can get an extension this one time.

I leaned up to kiss him again before I heard Nina calling my name. I quickly ran out of the kitchen just to hear all the reasons Nina could possibly think of for me to keep my dress.

You: I will. I just don’t like standing out and since all the other girls have different dresses it kinda worried me.

The lie I had to tell since I couldn't tell her about TOP. When did I get this deep into this lie? I sighed and just listen to the rest of Nina's rant.

Nina: You are the maid of honor so you need a special dress. Especially with how much you have done for my wedding. So is everyone ready for the rehearsal dinner tomorrow?

Everyone: Yeah.

You: Well…

Nina: Well what?

You: I have to get your dress then I will be there.

Nina: *pout* I forgot about my dress. Well just come when you can.          

You: I will hahaha.

All the bridesmaids went upstairs to change out of our dresses. Thank God they all fit. Now I just had to worry about this rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. Oh and my homework. Don't want to forget that again.