Chapter 15

My Best Friend's Wedding

Your POV

I was standing underneath the spray of a nice hot shower finding it hard to get out. It was such a relaxing moment that I didn’t want to end but I had other things to do. Things like-go to my best friend’s wedding rehearsal before we went to dinner. Hearing my ringtone go off sealed the deal on my departure from my steamy haven. I turned off the water and grabbed a towel before I put the phone on speaker phone.

You: Hello?

TOP: You just get out of the shower?

You: What do you want?

TOP: To be there with you of course. I could be there in-

You: No. Now get to the reason you’re calling me.

TOP: Oh yeah. Well things are going to hell here and I’m 1000% sure your next call is going to be from Nina. Just thought I would give you a heads up.

All I could do was sigh before I wrapped my hair up in a towel. I didn’t realize that I hadn’t answered TOP back until he cleared his throat.

You: Oh I’m sorry. Thanks for forewarning me and I’ll see you when I get there okay?

TOP: I’m waiting.

He spoke two words and I had a face splitting grin on my face. I loved the idea that he was waiting for me. My smile was quickly deflated when I saw the next incoming call.

You: Nina I have to get dressed before-

Nina: I need you here! I’m surrounded by idiots!

You: I’m on my way. Give me 20 minutes to get dressed and I’ll catch a cab there.

Nina: Okay. Please hurry or you might be bailing me out for my wedding night.

I agreed and quickly threw off my towel to get dressed. Nina’s threats for violence weren’t empty promises. After I was fully dressed I just pulled my messy hair up into a bun not having the luxury of time to actually style it before heading for the elevator.

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

When I walked into Gotham hall I was awestruck by how beautiful it was. The next thing that struck me was the boom of Nina’s voice. I quickly hightailed it to the room the rehearsal was being held and quickly went to Nina.

You: Hey I’m here. Calm down.

She threw her arms around me and squeezed. I looked at everyone in the room who pegged me with stares of gratefulness to annoyance.

You: What’s wrong?

Nina: I don’t even know where to start…..Ashley is mad that she has to walk with Seungri because she wants to walk down the aisle with TOP- What’s wrong?

She stopped and looked at me with a look of curiosity. Crap. I was making a face without even realizing it.

You: Oh nothing. Ashley would be the one to cause trouble.

Nina: Right! Man she thinks my wedding about her and not me. Worst bridesmaid ever.

Thank god I dodged that bullet. Hearing about Ashley wanting to do anything with TOP made me seriously want to mark my territory. How I wished we didn’t have to keep this a secret.

Nina: But anyways…. They don’t seem to know when they are walking, the flower girls aren’t listening at all and on top of all of that the boys have an attention span of a goldfish! 15 seconds is all I get!

I grabbed Nina’s shoulders and gave a reassuring squeeze until she took in a deep breath.

You: How about you go over there with Daesung while I work all of this out.

Nina: Okay.

With Nina being distracted by Daesung it gave me chance to get everybody else in gear. Should I have talked to the kids or boys first? Probably but I wanted to set Ashely straight now. I walked over to her and tried to pull her aside from the other bridesmaids.

Ashley: Why?

You: I need to talk to you.

Ashley: Then talk to me here.

I didn’t like the attitude she was giving me so I decided to give her exactly what she wanted. An audience.

You: Fine. We’ll do it here then.

Ashley crossed her arms across her chest getting ready for the verbal assault she knew was coming.

You: I don’t like you. And if you try to do anything else to upset Nina before or on her big day I promise to not only embarrass you at the wedding but I will continue to haunt and torture you for the rest of your life. Do you understand me?

I didn’t realize until after I was done that the other 3 bridesmaids had taken a few steps back from both of us and tried their best to look anywhere but at me.

Ashley: Yeah.

You: Good. Now you are going to walk with Seungri and stay the hell away from TOP for the duration of this wedding.

Ashley: What does TOP have to do with anything?

I shot a glare towards her that made her recoil a little before she slowly sank back.

You: Just stay away.

She nodded her head and I walked away satisfied with her reaction that she would be good on her word- or more like her gesture. Getting the kids to cooperate was easy enough with candy. The boys on the other hand took a lot more bribery. After everything was where is was supposed to be and everyone knew what they were supposed to do I walked over to Nina.

You: Okay. I think it’s all ready now.

Nina: Thanks. What’s up with Ashley?

You: Tough love. Hey  what does saranghae mean?

Nina’s face went grim as she looked at me. Man now I’m worried to know what it means.

Nina: Why do you want to know?

You: Well Ji had me listen to some of their songs and it was the only word that I recognized since I heard Daesung say it before. So what does it mean?

After she heard my lie she released a breath I didn’t even know she was holding before she looked back up at me.

Nina: You taking up Korean?

You: I’m thinking about it.

Nina: I love you.

You: What?!

I’m pretty sure my eyes were trying to make an escape from their sockets. She snapped her fingers in front of my face to bring me back to reality.

Nina: You alright?

You: Yeah but what was up with that?

Nina: That’s what saranghae means. I love you.