Chapter 22

My Best Friend's Wedding

OMG!! I finally finished the chapter. I'm so sorry if chapters are delayed. I'm currently taking 31 units in school and trying to finish my semester here in Korea before moving to Hawaii so.....I'm busy. Forgive me :( This chapter is strictly from Nina's point of view and is a filler (sorry.) I haven't decided if I will have two or three more chapters yet but I will definetely try to end this story well......but I can't make promises. And of course I want to thank all my subs and supporters who encourage me to keep writing. It's so easy to get discouraged. Love you all :)

 

Nina’s POV

I kept twisting my engagement ring around my finger, over and over again. What was taking them so long? It shouldn’t take that long to put clothes on. As soon as the thought occurred to me, they came out of the room and into the hallway. TOP was still holding onto _____ protectively, which made me feel even worse.

You: So…

_____ of course was trying to fill the awkward silence that had set in the hallway but I didn’t know what to say.

Dae: Hyuuuung! Mi-an-hae-yo!

TOP: Stop yelling!

I just gave a half smile at _____ as she smiled at me, finding the boys humorous. TOP let go of his hold on her to go over to Daesung. I quickly took the opportunity to talk to her alone.

Nina: Hey.

You: Hey.

I felt so stupid. This was my best friend and I acted like I couldn’t talk to her, like she didn’t know all my secrets.

Nina: I’m sorry, about….you know.

You: Yeah I know.

Nina: It’s just that I thought we told each other everything and I was only looking out for you when I told you to stay away from them. I mean they’re artist; I didn’t want you to get hurt. I see now that he really does care for you though.

_____ just nodded her head as she looked over at the boys. I followed her gaze and watched as TOP had pulled Daesung into a headlock.

Dae: Hyuuung!! I said sorry! It won’t happen again! I was worried!

We both laughed before we turned away to continue our own conversation.

You: Those two.

She shook her head as she spoke and I could only agree.

Nina: So….

You: You’re still my best friend. We don’t have to be awkward.

I could only smile at that. It’s exactly what I wanted to hear but didn’t help my nerves about asking her the next question that I had.

Nina: Have you guys been protected?

You: What?!

Nina: I mean, I know you were a and what not so, you know. Have you been?

You: Of course. I might have been inexperienced but I’m not dumb. I can take care of myself. You don’t have to worry.

I nodded my head at her. Of course she could. She was the only person I trusted for a reason. She’s the only who used her common sense.

Nina: Sorry.

I think I’ve said sorry in this one conversation more than I have in my whole life. _____ just shook her head at me with a laugh that got both of the guys attention.

TOP: What’s so funny?

You: Girl stuff. So do we have time to make it to the rehearsal dinner?

I grabbed my head in a panic. After what had happened I wasn’t paying attention to the time at all. How could I miss my own wedding rehearsal dinner?

Nina: Oh my God! I forgot about the dinner! What time is it?!

Daesung fumbled to get his phone out of his pocket and check the time.

Dae: It’s 8pm. We still have time.

I groaned thinking about how we were supposed to get there early to set everything up, but no. I just had to walk in on them and go off and kiss and make up.

Nina: But we were supposed to go early and-

You: Nina. Just go and enjoy your dinner.

I frowned at her sentence. What did she mean my dinner? Was she not coming.

You: Don’t worry. We’re coming too. But it’s your wedding, so of course it’s your dinner.

We both smiled at each other as we linked arms and walked towards the elevator.

Nina: Have I told you how you’re the best.

You: Maybe once or twice.

We walked into the elevator before the boys followed. TOP stood in front of me and I took a deep breath before I tapped him. He just turned around and I froze for a second. He really did have an intense gaze. I quickly brushed it off and got to the point.

Nina: Sorry about early. I just wanted to protect her, you know?

He smirked at me before he nodded and faced the front again.

TOP: Which is why I’m not holding a grudge. We both know she could use some protecting.

You: Hey! I’m not a child you know!

We both laughed as we continued on our way to dinner. I’m just glad everything is back as it should be.