A Fairytale History

BTS: Escape to Redemption

 

 

Minho, seven years old, sighed again as Seunghyun shut the door to his room, locking it from the outside and carelessly threatening the boy to read the new book or he wouldn’t eat.

Minho knew how important it was to eat. If he didn’t eat, he’d get cranky, and if he got cranky . . .

He might set another part of the lawn on fire.

The boy clenched his fists, his eyes finding the white and daunting burn on his wrists. He felt the anger boiling up inside him even further, the twist of events too negative for his liking, but he had to learn to deal with it. To calm.

Think of a tree and its calming roots.

  “It’s just a book,” Minho sighed, unclenching his fists, breathing through his nose, “How long could the first chapter even be?”

He surely didn’t want to read after examining all the collected dust on the book, certain spots left darker because of Seunghyun’s fingertips, the book looking ancient and just about ready to crumble. Not to mention the big words used in the text. Seunghyun made Minho learn big words after school just so he could read.

  “It beats reading another scroll,” Minho sighed once more. The last time he read—tried reading—a scroll, the thing almost tore in half . . . and Seunghyun was most certainly touchy about it.

Carefully touching the cover, he wiped away the dust, trying to get a good look at the title:

Royal History, it read.

  “History,” Minho groaned, as if he truly didn’t know, “Of course it’s more history. Why couldn’t it be more like Pokémon attacks or something?”

He flipped open the papery cover and carefully turned the yellowed page of the first chapter “History One: Overview”, lifting his brows at the first four words of the sentence after the chapter title.

  “Yeah, that totally makes this a history book.”

Once upon a time, as far as history goes back, there was one thing: Life.

From the formation of the Earth to the early life of ‘dinosaurs’, there was a kind that will continue on for millenniums to come. These kinds were only known as creatures. They had no specific name, for there were too many independent species to allow them all to be considered one type.

The first of these species came the most important creatures known to all: The Daegrents.

The first time these creatures set foot on Earth was before ‘dinosaurs’ existed three years after. These creatures fell from the sky, encased in gold wrapping in what could only be described as an eternal sleep.

The Daegrents had traveled for centuries throughout spaces from the dimension on the other side of a worm hole. They were curious as to what could be out in other places, so they had gone looking.

They had found this place and named it ‘Earth’.

 In contrast to the space they populate, the other dimension was much more majestic for their purposes. But as displeasing as that had come, the Daegrents found this new land extraordinary. So barren and so odd that they continued their stay. Curiosity was a common trait of the Daegrent.

The King of all Daegrents, the first of them all, Kang Daesung set foot on Earth with his beloved sister, deemed Queen for unknown reasons, Kang Minji.

The two had explored portion by portion the world, the ‘planet’, they had found quickly for a gander, to obtain a glimpse of the place they’d find a refuge in if things in their dimension had gone to bad.

It was soon that Kang Daesung and Kang Minji returned to their original home.

When they had returned, it was met with devastation. The dimension was collapsing, as if it were destiny that Kang Daesung and Minji were to find this place ‘Earth’ and seek refuge immediately.

As glorious as their return was, they did not sacrifice the lives of their creatures. Even though all creatures were independent, not favoring one another, all had come together in hopes of escaping and living. Eternal life was a given to these creatures, and it was not taken as lightly as a feather.

The creatures of the world had left their own place in their dimension, travelling over to Earth.

The Royal family had all creatures’ gratitude for sharing this new world with them, and populated this place of ‘Earth’.

As time went by, the Daegrents had found a new source of life—something they called ‘Human’. This species was completely different of their own; no special power or markings of other-worldly-ness upon them. These humans took on a form all creatures could be, but these humans did not change. They remained constant. These beings were created on this planet differently than the creatures.

The Daegrents however, did not tamper with their genetics that were soon becoming a variation.

That also meant the Daegrents could not build a large empire for themselves, as for any other creatures creating a home for them. They were left to run wild, but the Daegrents still ruled over all.

Creatures should still exist today.

 

Minho raised his eyebrows, shocked with such a short, vague introductory chapter. It may have been even the worst, if he ever read any other book to compare.

But hey, he read the chapter.

  “Seunghyun, I read the first chapter!”

  “Read another!”

 

 

----Note~----

WHO HATES HISTORY LESSONS?

/...Raises both hands.

But hey, it's mandatory for background info.

More to come~

Thank you to everyone. <3

~FlaMinhoe