Meet You

BTS: Escape to Redemption

 

 

( Onew+Luna theme )

 

 

  "Don't do it like that," a boy, maybe a teenager, hesitantly held his hand on the bandage the girl was constricting over a dummy.

She shifted away from him hastily with an unwelcoming glare.

The guy was tall, honey hair, with narrow eyes. His gaze shifted from the floor to her multiple times before stuttering and pointing back to the dummy, "They'll, um, yell at you if you do it that way."

  "And how would you know?" she retorted, seeing as his uniform was clearly not made for nursing, "You're supposed to be outside."

He flinched back a little by her tone and raised his brows, showing reason for his arrival, "I thought you'd see it by now."

She looked at his left arm, or what should be his left arm, covered in a mess she wish she'd never see, "Yeah, I missed that."

He stood there, unsure what to do, shifting on his feet a little.

And she did nothing.

  "Um," he looked around, "Look, if there are nurses in here, could you, um, point me to one . . ."

She sighed, grabbing the opposite arm of his and setting him on the bed next to the beat up dummy, going to a cupboard to find whatever disinfectant was in there, "I'm the only one in here, today."

  "I don't mean to bother you," he admitted quietly, "And I don't want to make you work or anything, but as painful as it sounds, could you, um, fix it slowly?"

  "And why would I do that?" she retorted, shifting bottles around. , this is the monster cabinet. She closed it and went to the next one.

  "I really don't want to go back out there," he sighed, shifting his pained wound, "It's hard being the youngest of the rest. They like to pick on you and make you do their jobs when you can't handle them yet, hence," he held up his injury even though she wasn't looking, "This."

She picked up the right contents this time, grabbing a few cloths from the counter and returning to the bed, seeing the guy was fiddling with the gauze as he assessed her dummy. He bit his lip and it irked her.

  "Is there something wrong with the dummy's arm?" she raised her brows.

He quickly shook his head.

. . . And then kind of nodded, "If that arm was real, you'd constrict blood flow. Gauze is already a tourniquet enough.”

She got a look at the dummy, now seeing how its arm kind of sunk in due to her bandaging, but she blew it off, “I’m tense. You can’t blame me.” She started opening the disinfectant and pouring a generous amount on to the cloth, “I’m not going to go slow, for your sake, but if no one comes in, feel free to stay.”

The guy nodded, clenching his other hand into a fist as she tried moving away the strands that were left of the arm of his uniform, “Um, I’m not pain-tolerant either.”

She didn’t stop as she applied the cloth on to the arm, lightly trying to clean off the evidence of the wound. She couldn’t see whatever it was—the scratch, the bite, the anything—and she had to keep cleaning until she could see it. Then she’d know the disinfectant got in.

The guy curled his face into his shoulder and grasped onto the bed tightly, sounds of the rubber crying at the constriction. She couldn’t look up; she couldn’t give him pity just yet even though it screamed on the inside that this guy was really in a lot of pain that he’d start crying.

But she did start to feel bad.

  “I see it,” she piped up, quickly taking the cloth off of him and replacing it with a normal one, “No more, it’s okay.”

He hummed a short response with his face still in his shoulder, breathing harshly after cutting short of breathing.

  “You, um, keep breathing, now,” she awkwardly patted his knee, “Can’t have you fainting. I haven’t gotten that far. You’ll scare me.”

He breathed out, “Trying not to.”

She was able to get the surrounding blood from his arm and the center of the attention started to slow up in bleeding; it was a scratch, no doubt, but with the little white things that looked like crystals inside, that was surely some scratch.

  “W-what was it?!” She dropped the cloth and ran to the counter again, searching for something to take them out.

  “New specie,” he breathed shortly, a small hiccup following, “I don’t know. But its claws fall off when they scratch prey. That’s what’s left of them.”

She found the tool she cringed at with a vial and quickly returned to the guy. There weren’t many—maybe five—on among the scratches, but weren’t deep. She could pull them out painlessly.

One by one she took them out, and each time, the guy flinched and breathed out shakily as a cry.

  “Don’t make fun of me,” he begged, curling hard into his shoulder, “Like I said. No tolerance for pain.”

She put the cap on the vial and tossed it into a bin before grabbing the gauze and, this time, being gentle as she wrapped it around the wound, “It’s over, and I swear I won’t wrap your arm until it falls off.”

  “Thanks . . .” he finally breathed, moving his head from his shoulder.

She taped the gauze and started to clean up the mess—starting with cutting off the shredded strands of his uniform’s sleeve, “So, um, what’s your name—” she looked at his other arm, sleeve rolled up, “J.”

  “Onew,” he responded rigidly, trying to roll his sleeve down, “I’m Onew.”

She somberly looked back to his shredded sleeve, “Left your name behind, too, huh?”

  “S,” he looked at hers, then to her face with brows raised, “You?”

She threw away the fabric, “Luna.”

  “Luna . . .” Onew nodded as Luna finished cleaning everything up, “So you’re almost new.”

  “Half a year ago.”

He ‘Oh’d and nodded, running his hands through his hair, “The one with the pack of—”

  “Yes, thank you for reminding me of those filthy things,” she hissed.

Onew apologized quickly and mentioned he didn’t mean any harm in what he said, “You have a brother, though.”

  “And how would you know?”

  “Sungmin, right? I’m his mentor,” he admitted, almost shyly, “He talks about his sister like she’s God. With that S, I assumed you were, well, her, and now I’ve met Luna.” He smiled.

She sighed, grabbing a stool and sitting in front of Onew, tapping her foot on the ground, “And you? How long?”

  “Two years,” he nodded, smiling falling to the floor.

  “How’d you get here, then?”

Onew stared elsewhere, his mouth scrunching up as he lowered his voice, “I’d rather, um, not.”

  “Then can I ask you what you saw?” she pressed, curious.

  “Sulliecient,” that, he confessed to, “She was just a girl that went to my school. I was her formal dance date, but, um, she was so happy that she grew wings and a spiked tail.”

Luna had assumed after this Sulliecient got overjoyed, her emotions were just so joyous that she forgot having a happy-slaughter-time on people was against the law.

  “Not friends after that all?”

  “Actually, yeah. I didn’t mind. She didn’t hurt me or anything. The tail kept tripping me, though. But after that, she was forced to move away. Safety purposes.”

Luna scratched her head, “Wait, she didn’t kill anyone?”

Onew looked at her as if she were a mad-woman, “Of course not. She couldn’t literally hurt a fly.”

  “Isn’t she blood-thirsty?!”

  “Luna, she was raised as a human!” he exasperated, “She didn’t know what blood-thirsty could even feel like!”

Luna kept quiet for a second. A monster that didn’t kill? What kind of monster was that? “But . . .”

  “Look, I know you think they’re all demons from the pit of Hell,” Onew shook his head, “But in all honesty, not everyone is. But they’re hard to find. Like Sungmin said about the—”

Luna closed her ears with her hands, “Nope!”

Onew shut his mouth, “Right. Sorry. I’m the best at, um, stumbling and everything.

  “But, I guess I should go,” he sighed, hopping off the bed, “Kapsoo’s gonna start looking for me so I can tell him what happened. I’ll even put in a good word for your skills,” he pointed at the bandage with a smile—his eyes doing just the same, “Sorry for the bother.”

He began to walk out of the room until Luna stood up, “Hey, Onew?”

He turned around with his brows raised, “Yeah?”

Rubbing her arm, she looked at the floor, “I know I seem kind of mean, but um . . . I’m really not. I’d, um, like it if you, um . . . well, uh. . .”

Onew chuckled, “You do the same thing I do. I turn in at ten. I’ll visit down here. Bye, Luna. I’ll tell Sungmin you said hi.”

  “Yeah!” she sounded overly-enthusiastic as he shut the door.

She sighed to herself, hitting her head as she started putting the stool in the right spot, “You idiot. First you’re mean to him, then you pity him, then you’re nice, and then you’re a stumbling girl. How stupid can you be?”

Pretty stupid, Luna. Very stupid.

 

 

 

 

 

 

----Note~----

This theme, guys.

It gets to me.

So, here's the first meeting of Onew and Luna!

Kind of rocky, and Luna's being that little girl that she is (just like me when I was younger, which wasn't long ago, omfg).

So, you guys see how these three came to be a family.

Hopefully more on the way. <333

By the way, themes are update. Just the two. O+L and Bom's. Take a listen when you feel like it. <3

I might use this theme for a fic I'm planning after this. Sooooo hype.

Anyway, even though I'm posting more, I'm hope your with your family/friends/anyone for that matter instead of on AFF like I am... writing fics and reading. OTL

Happy Eve everyone! And Happy Holidays to any celebration for that matter!

<3 for you.

~FlaMinhoe