Contradiction

BTS: Escape to Redemption

 

 

 

  "It's okay," Sun Young whispered, holding the young child's hand, "It's a dream. Only a dream."

  "It ate them," the child's voice barely pulled through, staring at the wet ground below them, "It was real."

The girl clenched her jaw and forcefully pulled the younger boy on her back without patience despite how heavy he was.

Where they were going, she didn't know. She was driven off the campsite, pulling the child with her as her parents screamed, "Go!" before intense horror filled her ears.

Trees and ground. That's all there was for miles. She's gotten no where for hours, noticing the time when the younger's stomach growled but said nothing.

Sun Young didn't know what she just witnessed and she'd be damned it she'd ever know or ever experience it again. All she wanted to do was cry and scream and roll around like a child in the dirt until someone came to pick her up. Her parents were gone. Humanity was somewhere. There wasn't just animals out there, but things. Things she had no idea even existed.

They looked like people, but then they just . . . morphed. She was grossed out by it no more than she was terrified of it.

And she never wanted to see what became of her parents.

  "Noona . . ." the child quietly called from her shoulder.

She hummed, looking everywhere for a sense of hope; humanity. Whose idea was it to go straight to the middle of nowhere to camp? 

  "Those things," he quietly went on, "Those were the things I told you about. The things I saw at my window every night."

She hefted him him sharply, "Stop talking."

  "They talk to me," he went on, "He said they wouldn't hurt us."

  "Shut up!"

  "But he said not everyone was like them. Different groups live by different rules. We met bad things, Noona. He swore to protect us, but he didn't come . . ."

Sun Young scoffed, "Whatever it was, it was a lie. Don't waste your breath on it anymore. Stop thinking about it, you'll go mad, baby."

It was quiet again as she deepened themselves into nowhere. The elder wanted to find salvation of some sort as soon as possible for the sake of the younger, but she felt like she was going in circles. It was going to get dark soon and she wasn't strong enough to stay up through the night, let alone fight off a bear.

She wished at least she'd brough their jackets with them because the night was a mean time to be bare skinned. But if all hope wasn't lost, they'd find someone soon. Hopefully without a weapon. Or sharp canines.

How could such a thing exist? It was like she imagined it all; that she watched one too many scary movies. Too many movies about werewolves.

It grew harder to carry the younger with the mud collecting around her shoes and dragging her down. She could only keep wishing they'd find something soon.

How was this even possible? With the way the world works, these things would be known everywhere and there'd be caution signs left and right when leaving humanity behind the trees.

She was scared something would come out of the trees and bite her, too.

  "Noona . . ."

She looked back, the younger's face almost green, "What's wrong?"

He put his chin on her shoulder, "I don't feel good."

Quickly, she set him down, taking a second to check his (high) temperature and started to examine him out of anxiousness, "Are you hurt?"

He nodded, "My leg hurts."

Suddenly frantic, she checked over him, now seeing the tear behind one of his pant legs with peices attatched to his damp, oddly colored leg.

  "Did it get you?" she looked at him, looking at it closer and ready to throw up.

  "It scratched me and I fell."

  "Why didn't you tell me before?!" she grew more frantic, now trying to hold him in her arms as she went her way again, the hope for humanity growing more needy, "You need to say something when you're hurt!"

  "But it didn't hurt until now," he confessed.

  "Whenever you get hurt, even if it isn't bad, you've got to tell someone, you learned that."

When he started sniffling, she started apologizing and started to comfort him, weariness steering the way as she began to find no signs as the day drew to a close.

Everything scared her by then. If her brother was okay, if the cold would freeze them, or if something followed among the trees. Where was she to go? What was she to do? 

Sun Young started to cry softly when she kept finding nothing but dirt and leaves, unable to even maker her brother feel safe.

  "It's okay," she breathed, slowing down.

The more and more she walked, the more and more cautious she became. She couldn't tell if the shift in the trees were wind, an animal, or a thing.

  "Please, please, please," she talked to herself, trying to pick up the pace to anywhere, "Please, please, please . . ."

But when she heard the haeavy thuds of scampering and felt the swipe among her hip, she fell and dropped her brother, and felt the shock of the ground too hard.

 

 

 

 

  "Get off!" Sun Young shoved off whoever was on her, making her feel uncomfortable. She jerked herself and stood up. She groggily looked down to see she was standing on a hospital bed.

  "Easy, now," the girl eased her, holding her hands up, "You're okay, kid."

She took a gander to her surrounding; the dingy walls and awful lighting. The woman was friendly, but she still didn't feel welcomed, "Where am I? Who are you? Where's my brother?"

  "Hospital wing, Soldier two-zero-thirty, and he's right there," she pointed to the right, "Safe and sound."

Sun Young jumped off the bed and grappled over her brother, checking him everywhere, "What happened?"

  "Pack of Taerants got you. They don't disinfect their claws, so we had to clean you both out to keep from infection. Your brother, there, almost fell to it, but we got him in time." she huffed a humorless laugh, "Thanks to SangJung for finding you."

  "Look, lady," Sun Young turned to the woman and grasped on to her arms, "My parents died because of those things. I don't understand. We need help!"

The woman pursed her lips and backed Sun Young back to the bed, pulling up a stool and looking at her brother, "Look, it's going to be hard for you to understand. We all went through that."

  "What?"

  "When you see a creature, you're exposed to their sight. You can see them all, now. You and your brother have to stay in this place for the rest of your life. It was meant to be for all who see."

Sun Young recoiled when she took another look around with the abrupt information, "Here? Forever? You're kidding me, no way in Hell am I keeping him here!"

  "You have no choice," the woman looked at her hard, "You were meant to stay here and keep these things under control. You may not like that, but no one cares, kid. You're not the only one who's been forced into this."

  "I'm so confused!"

The creaky door swung open, "Stop confusing the girl and get out."

They both looked to where the gruff voice came from and Sun Young never saw such an unwelcoming person in her life.

The woman immediately left the room without a words and left the man and her. The man strode up to her her, assessing her over and taking a look to the boy, "I'm sincerely sorry for what you've been put through."

Sun Young didn't speak.

  "I know I don't look it," he rubbed his face, "But I am sorry."

She was still silent.

  "But we need you to stay here," he crouched to the floor, "You can help us get rid of these things from the world so what happened to you doesn't happen to everyone else out there."

Sun Young looked at her brother, avoiding him.

  "It's going to be okay," he nodded his head, "It's going to be okay."

 

 

 

 

( Listen to Luna: Aqua Vitae )

 

 

 

 

  "It's gonna be okay! It'll be okay!"

Luna frantically grappled at Sungmin's reddened body and tried to stop all the accessive bleeding coming from just about everywhere in Sungmin's existence.

  "You'll be okay, baby! Sungmin, please don't do this to me!" she wished so badly to have supplies on her.

  "Luna . . ." Onew tried to pry her away.

She shoved him off violently, "He's still breathing, Onew! Help me!"

Sungmin hiccupped violently, the grimace on his face causing Luna to cry harder. Onew tried his best to cover as many bullet holes as he could, but he kept shaking his head and cursing at his hands.

  "Sungmin, please," she desperately cried, looking up to the gathered shooters, "Will you all please get my damn things?!"

She tried wiping the blood off her hands and held on to Sungmin's face, her tears spotting his dirty skin as she begged for him to hold on for just a bit.

Sungmin looked at her blankly, swallowing over and over in the midst of his hiccups, shakily trying to hold on to one of her arms, his mouth opening and closing, tears spilling over to the ground.

  "He's only a child!" she screamed up at them before placing her forehead down on his, "Please, stay with me. Please, baby, this was all for you. Please don't do this to me."

  "Damn it," Onew cursed again as he frantically fiddled with his jacket to cover over more of the wounds, "Come on, buddy, you gotta stay with us." He looked up at Sungmin's face and gently tapped on his neck, "Come on, Sungmin, you're the strongest kid known to man, you've got this!"

People were shouting both on the outer walls of the prison that were now shut and at the building, coming to greet the biggest misfortunate trio of kids.

Luna nodded to Sungmin and kept cheering him on, "Let's go, baby. We can get through this. You can do it. Please, get through it."

  "Listen to your sister, Sungmin," Onew repeated, trying his best with the wounds again, "Listen to her, come on!"

Sungmin's eyes fluttered, his lips watery as he tried speaking again.

Luna smiled the best she could for him, encouraging for him to say anything, even if it was about their parents, "Yeah? Yeah?"

  "Noona," he cried.

Luna cried harder and held his face to her shoulder, "Sungmin, please."

  "It hurts."

Luna nodded again and pet his hair quickly, rocking him, "I know, I know."

  "Get out of here, Sun Young."

She looked at him again, and this time, his eyes stopped fluttering and his mouth stopping opening and closing.

  "Sung . . . Sungmin?" she called, eyes growing wide, ". . . Sungmin? Sungmin?! SUNGMIN?!"

Onew looked up from his novice work of trying to save him and saw as Sungmin stopped struggling, the boy's head hanging limp around Luna's arm.

  "No," Onew's narrow eyes widened, crawling on top of Sungmin and starting to tap on his face, "Sungmin, wait a moment, come on Sungmin, don't be playing with me now!"

Onew, so scared of losing him, started doing anything he could to get him to blink again, to say something again, even if it was Sungmin being a smartass. Onew couldn't lose him now. Not after everything the three of them built as a family.

  "Dear god, no, please," Onew started slurring his words as he began to cry, "No, you can't do this to him."

  "Baby . . ." Luna cried, bringing her brother on her and rocking them back and forth, "S-Sungmin . . . I'm so sorry. I'm s-so sorry."

Onew looked up from the boy, watching as many of the guards pointed their guns at them, SangJung and Kapsoo coming through.

  "Look what you've done," SangJung looked at the boy, clenching his jaw, "Look what you've done."

Neither of them retorted to him; neither of them had the strength to back talk. All they could do was touch and hold Sungmin and sob over how much they failed him.

  "Never again," Luna shook her head, crying on his face, "Never again."

 

 

 

 

 

----Note~-----

Mooreeeeeeee angstttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt.

I'm so mean, wow.

But here is a basic of what got Luna here and what didn't get them out. I hope you listened to her theme in the end. <3

I planned on releasing a BUNCH of BTS' today but um ./cough/ the tree needs to get decorated /cough/.

So I'll be writing it all later on. c:

I'll be sure there will be happy ones because of the holidays. 

So. Um.

Yeah. Tell me what'cha think.

Byeeeee

~FlaMinhoe