Recognize

BTS: Escape to Redemption

READ CHAPTER 32 FIRST.


 

 

Onew slammed the door shut behind him, panting heavily as he slid to the cold, grainy floor in exhaustion. He ran here as fast as he could, even though he should be somewhere else trying to get the Daegrent to have his attention. He needed to talk to someone quickly. Someone fast to get something off his chest before he’d never see them again for a while.

  “Oppa?”

Onew jerked his head to the voice, seeing the worried face on the blonde girl as she got up from her bunk and rushedly kneeled beside him, “Oppa, you’re back so soon—what’s wrong?”

She took his wrist and checked his heartbeat, her eyes wild as she found the pulse too fast for normal and started feeling for his forehead, “Did a Tedra poison your mind? Do you need me to extract it? I’ll do it as fast as I can, I swear, you look so pale—”

  “Luna.”

She pulled her brows together, feeling all over his face, “Onew. What happened?”

He clenched his jaw, fighting off the urge to break down in front of her. The feeling was so strong—and he’d never felt this way before; at least before he was taken into this bloody hell of a place.

  “We . . . We took a Daegrent, today,” Onew whispered, clutching her hands, feeling the red on his nose as his vision grew blurry, “We killed an Intellude. I—Luna . . . Luna, I can’t believe . . .”

He was leaving the younger completely clueless as he buried his face in her neck, continuing to try stopping himself from crying. He was strong—he had to be strong in front of her.

  “Oppa—” she realized she was getting nowhere with sweet terms and corrected herself, “Onew—Onew, come on,” she took his hands once more and pulled him up, guiding him over to the bottom of the bunk, laying them down with Onew’s head on her stomach, “Onew, what happened?”

He curled his arm around her middle, eyes staring up at her as he finally blinked away the water, “I saw him. For the first time in fourteen years, I saw him.”

Even more confused, she rubbed a gentle hand on his arm, slightly shaking her head, “Who, Onew? That Daegrent? You recognized him?”

He violently shook his head, lips quivering, “He’s so big, Luna. He got so mature . . . It’s been so long, Luna. This was some chance a got . . . I—I don’t even know . . .”

  “Onew, who?”

  “My brother!” he cried out, clutching her, “Taemin. I finally saw Taemin after fourteen years. I saw him—cowering, quivering, frightened. It was so wrong, but I felt so happy.”

Luna softly gasped, pulling the elder closer to her and quietly comforted him, “Truly Taemin? No, no, you have every right to feel the way you did, Onew. Twelve years of being ‘missing’ is a long time and you know that. No, you being happy was alright. It’s okay. It’s okay.”

Onew officially cried, pressing his face to her stomach and shaking from his soft sobbing, mumbling things along the line of ‘it’s been so long’, ‘he was so clueless’, and ‘I thought I’d never. . .’.

He knew Taemin would be brought here. Oh, how he opposed to the idea so much, willing to give it more than a punch in the face if he could. Taemin doesn’t belong here. Taemin needs to stay in Namwon without trouble. It was that Daegrent’s fault Taemin was a wreck.

. . . But it was also the Daegrent’s doing for letting Onew see him again.

  “I don’t know what to do, Luna,” he choked, “It hurts to see him.”

Luna hushed him, tangling her fingers through his hair, quieting him with soft words, assuring Onew that Taemin was going to be a-okay.

But unfortunately, Onew knew that wasn’t the case, and he was going to go through even more Hell to make this part of Taemin’s life less complicated without even letting his face be seen.

Because if you see me, you won’t let me go.

 

 

 

----Note~----

Alright, so I found I haven't touched my flash drive in a year. A YEAR.

So this is very short and very rough because this is the draft version, but I'm too angry to redo it and probably never will because I have to redo Another what, four elaborate chapters? 

I'm sorry, guys. I haven't had a corruption happen since The Mirror's Reflection back in 2011. It's the reason why I got a flash drive... and never put it to use. =.=

I'll hopefully get what I wanted up soon though.

Bye guys.

~FlaMinhoe