The Royal Falls: Chapter Two (Minji)

BTS: Escape to Redemption

Music (Optional): Link


 

 

 

Minji had the thousands of children escape from the tragic epidemic within their empire to a land far away. Many of them were in the hands and arms of their parents or elders of different kinds, thankfully not infected by the plague forced upon her creatures.

Daesung had ordered Minji out of the area and find the other side of Earth—it had to be of the safest places to be.

Minji, of course, wanted to be defiant of the order, wanting to refuse abandoning the rest of her creatures who were either already infected or dying from murder, hoping to save them as well because it was her duty, but Daesung argued with her before she could present her standpoint.

  “Go to the other side,” Daesung came to her, Hyunja no longer in his arms or in sight, gripping her hands, “The other side of this world, Minji. A haven is founded there, I promise you. You will know when it’ll be found—your nature will welcome it with a light heart and your personality will embrace it like a departed friend.”

  “Daesung, I cannot rule as one,” she whispered, the uninfected watching and awaiting orders, “I am not meant to be alone on this journey.”

  “Then do not waste breath on it,” Daesung assured her, taking her shoulders and facing her towards their creatures, “Because with all of our creatures, ruling alone couldn’t even begin to exist.”

Minji clenched her jaw, her heart remembering that to rule over the creatures only meant equality between one another; no higher person.

But her side would still be equally as empty.

  “My brother, I fear for you,” she turned back to him, forgetting people were watching, “My brother I cannot accept the thought of you coming without a return,” forgetting her place, her responsibility to keep independence, she embraced Daesung tightly, unable to forgive herself if she held him any less, “I cannot accept such a fate.”

Daesung, forgetting his place, his responsibility to keep independence, embraced Minji, sheltering her twisted face from their creatures, “Then do not waste breath on it,” he repeated in her ear, kissing it, “Because when you have faith in me, my physical return will always exist.”

 

 

Daesung stayed behind like the true king he was. He wanted to seek the answers; to let his creatures know from then and in the future the reason for the plague; where it came from and why. He was going to help those left behind to either pass on peacefully or heal in some way.

Minji didn’t know if he was anywhere close to success.

But she lead all the different creatures, including the ones that couldn’t even fly (with the help of kind flying creatures), to the other side of the Earth, completely untouched by their kind, but still populated of humans.

  “We shall settle here,” she spoke loudly, strong and leader like—worthy of her title, Queen—, her toes touching new land, “We shall regain peace once more.”

Creatures landed on the ground with light thuds, the children not daring to venture off without an elder of any sort, taking a gander of the barren, unpopulated land that would be claimed as their home one day.

As her creatures were settling to the Earth, she walked away from them slowly, a sound in her ears she hadn’t heard often, irresponsibility overcoming her as she urged herself to the sound.

The louder the sound settled in her ears, the faster her walk became until she start running, the elders shouting for her to return, but childishly, she continued her path up the large hill the sun was just peeking above.

  “Queen!” an elder man shouted.

  “It dwells in your ears, too,” another one put his hand on the other’s shoulder, “Let her venture to it; she is setting her eyes on the near horizon.”

Her heart was the bass of her body, the low thumps speeding up gradually with each step she took. The sound was the calm music she loved of this Earth and the sight of it was just as breathtaking.

She could hear the murmurs of her creatures behind her, following her with curiosity of why their queen was running from them. She started smiling at just the thought of her creatures’ eyes bestowing upon a beauty she treasured.

Her feet dug into the wet ground, the depth of her footprints showing how eager she was; how she was stomping her way up so quickly.

The sun was growing in her eyes and her smile grew, eyes almost in tears as she awaited for herself to find what she wanted.

Minji’s energy found her at the top of the hill, combining as one with her as she felt renewed.

Her eyes set on the horizon in the distance, cut off by deep blue waves with hues of pinks, purples, and oranges as the sun cast its shadow on this world. The sand dazzling in her eyes as they waved their lighted flags to the sun. The waves overlapped quietly, with sprays of sparkles following behind them as they playfully splashed. The water, rich and crisp filled her ears of puddle-splashes. The subtle scent of salt and nature filled her nose. The low wind with little sand brushed against her skin.

She had never been so close to the ocean in so many ages. The memory always lingered in the back but the synesthesia was not fulfilling, unlike the real thing. Beside the solid land, Minji found the liquid land of this world was most intoxicating. How something one can’t actually walk on can still exist; land where one can move under it so freely.

It reminded her of home, her original home, where oceans were abundant and never ending if she wanted.

The sun shone its light on Minji gracefully, welcoming her to the new land of peace, free of the sorrow, gracing her skin with warmth that she accepted wholeheartedly with eyes closed.

She could feel the change within herself, her core in calm fire, spreading through her body and doing what fire should be known for best.

Light.

She opened her eyes as a wave of warmth ran down her spine and examined herself, the traditional, silver patterned clothing now replaced with her traditional ceremonial, cream-white attire.

Minji smiled, hands on the white ribbons and water arisen in her eyes—the sun had declared Minji to make this day a celebration.

Behind her, her creatures rose from the hill, all of them stopping in their place once their eyes set on the ocean they had rarely seen in this world.

Once the children had seen the ocean, many of them went on to the sand, walking around on it slowly as the curiously explored each grain of sand with the look of wonder on their faces.

The creatures were in awe as they, unaware of themselves, walked off the hill and on to the sand, watching the waves slowly overlap.

Murmurs set around Minji’s ears, but most grew quiet—silent, because this moment was worthy of silence. The people understood what was happening; why they were here.

Why Minji was in her ceremonial attire.

  “My Queen,” a wise, young Warrant took Minji’s hand.

Minji turned her head to the handsome face, her smile watery, “Jongdae.”

  “You’ve found our new haven, my Queen,” he smiled at her and used his other hand to point out her dress, “All that is missing is the rest of your skin and your beautiful eyes.”

She breathed out a single, short laugh, pressing her finger to the inner corner of her right eye to release the water built up, “Thank you, Jongdae.”

The young Warrant bowed to her letting go of her hand and getting off the hill, joining the others so she was the only one up there.

She slowly triggered herself, brushing her hand on her right wrist, the outline of her mark hot against her skin as it lit up white.

She pulled out all of the rest of the Daegrent inside of her, the black marks crawling over her slowly, beautiful and graceful, solidifying themselves onto her skin’s surface.

Her eyes flashed white before color had drained and left black, white, and gray.

Her wings extended out and up, a closed hand over her chest as she spoke.

  “My creatures.”

Everyone turned around, joining Jongdae’s gaze towards the queen, putting a closed hand over their hearts; elders and parents teaching the children to do the same.

  “It is not I who has found this new haven; our new Home,” she began, her voice reaching all of the creatures, “You are the good who are held responsible for our new peace; our new beginning. We will not only wait here for the news of our beloved families, but we will live here, claiming this shared land as our own, continuing our never ending generations of traditions held by the Prophecy’s Life Requests.”

She smiled, watching as each face lit up at the thought of her words, the feeling of Ceremony truly hitting them and ready to cheer outward with tears mixed in their joy.

  “You didn’t give up,” she reminded them, extending her hands out, “You kept moving without my word. You’ve fought to live among each other. You understand the future is up to you, so you continue to live. You have established our remarkable home.”

The sun lifted from the water and shone brighter than before in a loud yellow, it’s cheers silent in Minji’s ears, but touching her, giving her legacy, the wants it asked of her.

  “You have built our unity once more,” her voice raised, the tears now frequent down her cheeks as she grew prouder of the creatures with the more she spoke, “So let us continue our unity and recreate the never ending harmony amongst every kind of our creatures into the depths of eternity.”

One hand closed and reached back to her heart and the other extended towards the sun, now in her palm, a silent white fire growing.

A light grew over Minji’s hands and the creatures got down to one knee, bowing to her and the new light she held among her fingers.

  “We shall never be broken or captured into anger and rage. We will not succumb to unjust force.

  “My creatures, as Queen, I declare this day on our never-ending calendar, the Day of Impregnable Formation. Our celebration of beginning anew.”

Minji closed her eyes and raised the hand above her and the fire shot upward in a long light, marking this day of important; of this land theirs; of their unity, together.

The crowd arose from their bows and shouted in celebration, different kinds embracing one another, with smiles and tears of relief on their faces.

Minji was still holding the fire above her as it still continued its way; not running out. The fire was taking Minji’s energy—a part of her life—to create this day, to have blessing up on the creatures to continue life peacefully. She had to give it up for reassurance, for security, while everyone else was cheering, laughing, and embracing each other.

It was difficult. A special thing as this she would do with Daesung, which would equally take the energy out of both of them, leaving them feeling completely unharmed. But without Daesung next to her, seeing the same sight, feeling the same ground, or breathing the same air, she knew she was in it alone and had to give up a lot more and take a long while to regain it back.

Jongdae broke away from his group of Haed friends and focused on Queen Minji. He could see her struggle with her ritual as she had no King beside her to share the pain.

He discarded how rude and forbidden it was to interrupt or stand by a Royal during a ritual process, but as a Warrant with the signal of Healing vibrating inside him as he looked at the Queen, he made his way off the sand and climbed up the hill as fast as he could.

Minji could feel the searing pain in her heart without her brother. Not only she needed him for this, but she wanted him there, too. If only he could see what laid before her. If only he could share the glory she felt.

The fire finally left her hands as the rest travelled up, the whispers of the Ancient Creatures filling her ears and covering her body. They were giving her the strength she needed, the blessing and happiness they wanted to give to the creatures, encouraging words.

She could hear her and Daesung’s ancient parents praise her, You are strong, my children.

And Minji could smile bigger, knowing Daesung had to have heard it, too.

Before Minji was released of the ancient, the creatures in front of her stopped and listened as the ancients grazed their ears and sang—singing along with them.

 

When the dawn rises, so do our creatures.

Good or bad, all the sorts.

But no matter who we are, our kinds stand as one.

In respect, wisdom, and courageous forms.

Our legacy will be passed down to another.

Our legacy is passed down to you.

We are proud of your future as a creature among this world.

You are our living legacy.

 

Minji’s wings gave out and she started falling to the ground, Jongdae catching her before she could’ve been further harmed.

She breathed harshly as if there weren’t enough air for her and slightly shook in Jongdae’s arms, unable to respond to him when he called for her.

  “My Queen?” Jongdae slightly shook her, “Queen Minji, was it to much to hold on your own?”

She hadn’t responded verbally, but a hand held on to his arm, becoming disoriented and thinking he was Daesung.

  “I am not the King,” Jongdae whispered, her thoughts passing through his mind, as well as the others she was bonded with, “But he is still here, my Queen.”

He placed on of his hands above her chest and closed his eyes, doing what he did best for the Daegrents, “May thy pain subdueth from thy body in writhe and thy be replenished.” He chanted lowly, the energy pouring from his finger tips and settling inside of the queen.

Seconds later, Minji was able to slow down her breathing, slowly opening her eyes to Jongdae in color, her bodily marks sinking beneath her skin’s surface and her mark turning black.

  “My Queen,” Jongdae breathed with a smile, “You’re alright.”

It took her a moment to overcome disorientation and finally nod with a small smile, thanking Jongdae as he sat her up on the ground and both watched the creatures stride among their new home.

  “Are you happy, My Queen?” Jongdae asked with a great smile on his face as he watched the children.

Minji took her friend’s hand in her grasp, “From now on, Jongdae, begin to call me only Minji. Everyone shall only call me Minji.”

Shocked that Minji sounded like she was demoting herself, Jongdae slowly nodded, understanding what she meant.

She chuckled at the people down on the sand before looking back to the Warrant, slightly tilting her head, “Sing for us, Jongdae. Sing for us all.”

Jongdae chuckled and nodded, sitting down next to Minji with his hand still in hers, beginning to softly sing.

 

Unity and happiness never sounded so undeniably beautiful before. 

 

 

 

----Note~----

Hiiiiiiiiiii.

I like this one a lot.

Like.

A lot a lot.

Hope you do too!

I know the title is still The Royal Falls, yet this shows no 'Fall', but hey, it's a build up, m'kay?

Minji and Daesung are siblings, so of course they're meant to share power and do things together... so what happens if they're not together? What happens to Daesung and what happens to Minji? The people? 

All to be continued~

So um...

SUDDEN EXO APPEARANCE.

I have no idea how that came to be. I'm just like "I need someone but who...who...who-LET'S GO WITH JONGDAE. 8D "

Exo members don't actually have any place in this story, so, really I'm just treating them like a side-line OC character.

 

During the middle of writing this, my attention span and I were just like "I FEEL LIKE DRAWING NOW."

So, I drew what Minji wears in this chapter!

So this is Minji's normal attire.

After I drew it, I noticed it looked like Midna from LoZ Twilight Princess. It wasn't supposed to come out like that; The colored in parts are supposed to be silver/sparkly instead of dark, you know?

And then there's this ceremonial attire.

I have no idea where I got the idea, but the ribbons I copied off of a previous drawing I did of Ciel in Wonderland. 

(Btw, the holes in the back are for the wings.)

Look, I'm not an artist okay, don't judge. xD

I feel like I'm going too all-out with this story, it's detail, I'm even freaking drawing things, but, I'm really into it, you know? xD

Anyway. Love you all and thank you for everything you've done. <33333

~FlaMinhoe