Pages

BTS: Escape to Redemption

 

 

  “Hey, Taemin!”

Taemin turned from his locker, holding all of his books against his chest, eyes meeting with the familiar face he was used to seeing on a daily basis.

  “Hey, Minho,” Taemin smiled warmly, shutting his locker, “What’s up?”

Minho shrugged, half of his mouth curving into a smile as he gestured for the school exit, “Hey, my Dad’s out of town for a few days, so I don’t have to be home so early. You wanna walk around? Or what, you have to go study for that stupid exam?”

Taemin chortled at the bluntness of Minho’s tone and started walking forward, Minho following to his side as Taemin thought he would, “Who says I want to study anyway? Are you trying to give me an excuse to not hang out with you?”

  “Oh,” Minho laughed in embarrassment, scratching the back of his head, “I was just saying, you know.”

Taemin chuckled again and tightened his grip on his books, allowing Minho to open the doors for him as they walked outside, taking a random direction.

In all honesty, Taemin really fancied hanging out with Minho; it wasn’t often he got to because of his father, who keeps him inside the house or day, or takes Minho out for some ‘nature week’ they have to go alone on.

If that was a part of Minho’s family traditions, Taemin had no mind to it whatsoever. It didn’t bother him, really. He just wanted more opportunities to see Minho

  “So, how’s that girlfriend of yours?” Minho , elbowing him in the side.

Taemin scoffed, shoving right back at Minho, “Put it right in my face, will you? Come on, it’s been over for a year now!”

  “I didn’t think she was that bad,” Minho laughed out honestly, “She was cute.”

Taemin rolled his eyes, “Girls are really annoying.” Trying to give Minho the hint.

And seemingly, Minho looked like he caught that hint, “Well. . . at least you got rid of her. She would’ve been upset if she found out while you two were dating.”

Minho looked like he was growing more uncomfortable as he led that on and Taemin internally sighed. Of course he’d be uncomfortable.

In all honestly, Taemin liked girls. . . well, to a point. He’s dated before, some last weeks, months, and the previous was almost a year. The more and more Taemin got around with girls the less and less he found them appealing for ‘partnership’. He wasn’t ever in the closet; rather, he was blunt about it. He accepted it as easy as ‘one, two, three’, and it seemed the people he told were perfectly fine with that.

Minho just shifts into odd-mode whenever it’s mentioned.

So what, Minho’s not used to gays, whatever. He still hung out with Taemin, so it didn’t really seem to matter.

  “So, birthday’s next week,” Minho teased again, “You’re getting old, ahjussi.”

Taemin froze, dropping his books and hitting Minho on the arm, “Your teasing, I swear, Choi! You’re old!”

  “Oh come on,” Minho didn’t relent, “Look at the wrinkles on that face. What are you turning, ninety?”

  “Minho!” Taemin chuckled as he kept hitting him for a good measure, “Take it back, you old-!”

Minho reversed rolls and start shoving Taemin back, stopping the younger from hitting him, “At least my old- looks good!”

  “What ?” Taemin shoved back, “There’s nothing there, if you haven’t noticed! Now look! My books are dirty, pick them up, Choi!”

Minho chuckled again, feigning assault, “You’re so mean, Taemin ahju—”

Taemin put Minho’s head in a lock and brought him lower than his level, “Say it one more time, and your head is popping off!” he laughed, “Look at the books! Pick them up!”

  “Fine, fine! Can’t breathe!”

Taemin let go of him and the elder tsked, unhappy he had surrendered. He picked up the books from the ground, dusting them off before returning them, “There, you happy?”

  “Yes,” Taemin stuck his tongue out, “We haven’t even walked much and you’re already pouting and tired. Where’s the manly Choi?”

Minho chuckled again as they started walking, “You .”

  “You wanna go into that subject again?” Taemin challenged.

They both laughed again and continued their small hangout with walking.

Taemin liked this; this bonding, really. Minho’s company was rather the best company he’s ever gotten out of someone, and he could really appreciate it every time. He didn’t know about Minho, but he could go on doing it even when they were a lot older and whatnot. It was a nice thought to think about.

Now, if only Minho knew why he really wasn’t into girls anymore . . .

 

 

----Note~----

Cute little past memory?? c:

I just read the original version of this chapter and I HATED it. It was a cliche to say the least. Gross gross gross gross gross. No feeble Taemins in this story. NO NO. So I HAD to rewrite it the way I wanted.

Back BEFORE they're dating huh? There's more where that came from. xD

Thank you to everyoneeeee~ <3

~FlaMinhoe