Precious

BTS: Escape to Redemption

 

 

Jonghyun’s depression settled in quickly, causing him to have run-ins with uncontrollable feelings—dominantly anger. And from that anger that festered, he grew violent. It would happen randomly and he would never fight it off because he had nothing more to lose.

Jonghyun was blinded by anger and picked another fight with a creature. The creature was twice his size and twice as strong. It was one of the worst decisions Jonghyun could have ever made.

He was clearly losing the more he fell to the ground or hit a wall. But over and over, he got up and kept up his ongoing rage. No one was stopping them; not a creature or the staff, just as he wanted, but it still hurt like a .

The two creatures brawled out—fur was flying, scars were being created, blood was dripping, and claws were ed. Jonghyun felt it all and he just waited for the opportunity for it all to end.

The next time Jonghyun fell to the ground, he didn’t get back up. He waited for the creature to stride up and snap him to finally give Jonghyun what he wanted. That’s all he wanted by now. That would solve every problem he had.

  “Not getting up?” the creature spat, “Alright, then. Do not start something you cannot finish, Taerant. Leave your childish ways.”

The creature returned back to a human and turned away from Jonghyun, walking to a group of his kind without any item of clothing, which surely, he would be yelled at for. He deprived Jonghyun of his desire.

  “Come back . . .” Jonghyun weezed, trying to stretch out his paw, “Finish me . . .”

Authorities never came to pick Jonghyun up and send him to the infirmary and maybe that was just fine. Maybe he could bleed out—maybe he was bleeding inside too—he’d be at an end at some point, like he hoped.

He laid there breathless, closing his eyes, seeming to intensify the pain he felt. How long would it take? How much did he have to suffer? When would he be allowed to see Kibum?

He waited for a long time, waiting for his heart to give out but it never did. He was just dreaming the impossible—why couldn’t he just die?

The air around him shifted and Jonghyun thought the creature had finally returned to finish him off.

The presence sat down in front of him and Jonghyun smelled the scent of something else. A much more feminine kind than who he had just encountered with.

  “You allow sorrow to cripple you,” the feminine voice spoke softly, concerned.

Jonghyun said nothing and kept himself in the back of his eyelids. She was useless company to him. She sounded to have no intention to fight him.

  “You are worthy of many things in your life,” she spoke again, “And yet you allow yourself to be deprived of them.”

Jonghyun pulled a paw over his damp face, his animalistic voice soft but rough, “Please, leave me be.”

Slowly, she took Jonghyun’s paw and he was too exhausted to protest. He was going to let anyone do anything at this point. He had nothing more to lose.

  “May thy pain subdueth from thy body in writhe and thy be replenished.”

Slowly the ache in Jonghyun’s body lifted and he felt lighter. His injuries bothered him no more and the dampness seemed to stop flowing from his scratches and cuts. Jonghyun had never been exposed to whatever this was and had only read about it in the ancient scrolls.

Jonghyun opened his eyes, gazing upon a busty woman with a young face; one eye brown, the other slate gray. Her pale orange hair was let down and hovering over her face as she leaned towards Jonghyun, enchanting continuously.

When she put down his paw, she sat down cross legged, petting him on the head gently, avoiding spots of dampness, “Do not be angry with me; you were not set to die on this day. I am doing an unwanted favor by keeping you from extra ailment.”

  “Why?” Jonghyun asked, his head leaning forward when she found the spot by his ear that felt good.

She smiled and scratched him in the same spot, “We both live in the life of despair, but we must go on. We are strong—you are strong. I am only a stranger to you, but I believe in you, very much so. You and I can go on.”

Jonghyun moved away from her hand and propped himself to sit up, “I thought friendship was a rare occasion in here.”

  “I am not hostile,” she shook her head, “Hot-headed, but not hostile. I am concerned for you, as much as you do not appreciate. But I want you here longer with me.”

Jonghyun sighed, complying when she reached up for him and leaned his head back down as she pet him again, “What is it you want of me?”

  “Someone long ago told me you were very valuable and that every moment was worth it to be with you. I want to experience such a thing to prove there really is hope for the creatures damned here. That one cannot change simply from environment,” she scratched the spot by his ear again, “Who told me? His name cripples you, so I do not offer it. As of that, I know you realize who. So listen to him and then listen to me. Stay here until my goal is reached. I beg of you.”

Jonghyun looked down at the ground at the very thought of Kibum and buckled, putting his head on to the woman’s lap and starting a soft high-pitched whine. Kibum was still so kind to him even being apart and trapped in Hell. He . . . he even bragged about it to others.

  “It will be alright, Jonghyun,” she said his name for the first time, hugging his head to her, “You are still strong. His love will never leave you as you keep moving. I only need you until the day our shackles are broken. Even after that, I still wish for your companionship, but it is your choice. You will not be alone in here any longer, I promise. You will be alright. You will be okay.”

Jonghyun continued whining out and crying tears against her leg, wanting to bark and howl out for Kibum. The sense was so strong that it felt almost impossible to keep from doing it.

  “Focus on me, Jonghyun,” she whispered, “Focus on Bom as a distraction. I can help you make it through, I promise.”

Jonghyun kept his head in her lap and listened to her enchant him with slow melodies to calm him.

 

 

 

 

----Note~----

Yes, yes, this is how Bom and Jonghyun met.

Originally, it was supposed to be a humourous meeting, but I remembered Jonghyun never gave up on being depressed so I was like, "JEEZ JONGHYUN WHY DID I MAKE YOU LIKE THIS."

I still keep thinking about to Author Vs Characters, omfg I'm so dumb. Never again. Or maybe as another one BEFORE the VERY LAST CHAPTER of BTS.

God, Gabby, stop making plans. >.>

Anyhow, I found this really cute, even though it's choppy and only three pages.

But we also have another history chapter coming next!

No, don't dread it. It's actually very very good and links to The Royal Falls: Chapter One.

Hell, it links to everything to the fall.

So yeah!

Hope you enjoyed!

Sorry for spamming you with ETR and BTS updates. OTL

~FlaMinhoe