Memory: Save Them

BTS: Escape to Redemption

 

( Please Listen - Bom's Theme - The Gift of Life on repeat )

 

Daesung flew at top speed, the images of landscape around him flittering past. He took off as soon as he felt the off temperature of his body; the off feeling in his head that caused him pain.

Specifically, Daesung knew the reason behind his ails and went to reach for it as quickly as possible. He had to fix whatever was happening.

Daesung’s marks crawled around, the security of a creature’s life felt like it was on the line and it was his duty, his wish, to reverse such a thing.

The atmosphere started growing dark over Daesung, and he switched off the Daegrent vision, examining the sky was growing malicious in color and the air started growing stale.

Suddenly, voices of Daegrents whirled through his mind, and he knew he needed to turn around, but he still moved forward selfishly.

We are under attack!

We are dying!

This is poison! Human-crafted poison!

How can something be so strong?!

Save the children!

The pain in his head grew stronger to the point Daesung, for the first time, couldn’t take it. He almost blindly spiraled to the ground, but managed to land roughly on his feet before falling to his knees, vision hazy as he tried to look around for the creature he was searching for.

Within seconds, the creature dressed in rouge stuck out against the dying yellow grass, and Daesung ran to her, dropping to his knees and holding her up.

  “Bom,” Daesung shook her, “Bom, you must not ail.”

Bom never responded to his touch or his words. Her eyes remained closed, mouth partially open, body completely languid in his arms. Her body was covered in a heavy sheen of sweat and her face and body had started aging of thousands of years. Her lips were a tint of slight yellow and her hair was growing pale.

Her finger nails were covered in dirt, evidence of the hole that was over her body length next to her was of her doing and Daesung felt a shadow engulf his heart.

Daesung roamed his eyes over her body in search of the source of her unresponsiveness, finding a large wound by her shoulder, her blood sticking on to her skin, but in the wound was a sickly yellow-green color that bubbled as it tried seeping in through the injury.

Daesung immediately tried smelling around for whatever she was exposed to, frantically shaking her as he sniffs out his answer, “How had they beheld such a poison?”

Daesung looked to her face and shook her again, the pain in his head insufferable, “Dear Bom, please open your eyes! See what I see! There is a world for you!”

Daesung checked her pulse; it was slow and weak that it took more than mere seconds to announce her alive or dead. She was pulled under by this source of poisoning and Daesung felt as if he could cry because this was something he knew nothing of how to fix.

  “I do not know what to do,” Daesung whispered cluelessly for once, “I have fallen from my duty and failed you. . .”

An uproar released: booms of nearby volcanoes erupted, creatures of all kinds started screaming and crying, sounds of brawl set off, the sky turned a bright and threatening red as it rumbled in anger, and the greens around started fading to die.

Daesung knew he couldn’t afford to spend more time with Bom due to his duty to figure out this problem and ease his kind from the troubles. His heart grew heavy, holding on to Bom as he eyed the deep hole. She knew it was coming. She knew her first life was tragically coming to a close.

Daesung fought back the tears and held his crippling love to his body, letting out strained apologies and significant love words. He knew she could hear him and it was the least he could do before he allowed her to rest under the disaster that had become of the land.

  “You had blocked me of your mind; why had you done so?” Daesung asked, knowing a reply wouldn’t come, “You believe you had control to your struggle? Over who has caused you this end? Bom . . .”

Daesung stopped breathing as the landscape changed to how it was earlier—bright and green. Perfectly normal on the part of Bom taking a daily stroll to ease her mind of a few things Daesung had imposed earlier.

 

 

  “Marriage . . .” Bom said to herself, “To let us be known together . . .” she smiled, “It is about time he has committed to it.”

Daesung grew depressed as Bom’s last thoughts blocked from him were on announcing to the Queen of their love; their marriage. The announcement was to be tomorrow, but it seems Minji couldn’t know for a long time after Bom’s passing.

The ground shifted as Bom turned around, startled by the sudden creature that had whipped out a sharp, unclean blade that had took its damage on her arm. She jumped back and got a good look at the culprit and the posse behind him.

  “I cannot harm you,” she held her hands up, walking back, “I will not harm any of you.”

These creatures discarded her words and took attack on her and she was forced to return the gesture but to make sure she couldn’t severly injure of kill any of them.

  “I do not understand your malice!” Bom shouted out, removing herself from another dangerous attack.

The group seemed to enlargen to create a full ambush on Bom and she wished she had the speed of a better creature or the flight of her beloved. She was not a fighter; she could not take on these men.

  “Humans, please!” she begged to them, trying to keep distancing herself from them.

One of the men distracted her by swinging the blade once more and she set on grabbing his wrist with her inhuman strength to stop him, but didn’t expect a man seemingly with no weapon reach her and roughly slap his hand over her wound and keeping it here before she could move away from the both of them.

Her arm stung viciously and she looked over to it to see a dark substance over her blood, turning light green at the contact over her blood and started to bubble. The stinging seeped into the wound effortlessly and Bom’s body couldn’t hold itself upright; forcing herself to fall to the ground.

The humans watched together as Bom began to writhe and the effects Daesung had seen began going into effect instantly. They made mental notes together, comments shared here and there before one of them declared, “She is submitted to death. She is no longer of threat or use. We must move on to more!”

The group of humans gave a cry of unity and had left Bom there, screaming out in agony of the pain that spread so easily through her until she could no longer feel or her voice. Her body began to slowly stop moving and Bom had come to terms she couldn’t fight her way out of the inevitable.

She rolled over to get on her aching knees. She could barely feel her arms, let alone her hands, but she began clawing at the now decaying ground and into the dirt, creating her own dingy deathbed to lay and wait for a long time to rise.

We will marry, she thought, her vision growing blurry as she dug deep down enough for herself to fit snuggly yet uncomfortably. She watched as her hands wrinkled before her eyes and felt her entire body shrink. She felt for her face and felt everything slightly drooping and she began to silently cry, crawling out of the hole and resigning next to it, her pain calling to the one she wanted to come most.

But he wasn’t coming fast enough. Her eyes closed and her body resigned to shutting off. The only sign of her life left was her dimming heartbeat, which scared her even more.

She wasn’t ready to die.

 

 

Daesung returned to the world and looked at Bom again, his tears falling to her chest as she looked like she could even turn to ash in seconds.

  “I wish I could change this,” he cried out to her, “You were not destined to leave my side!”

Bom still hadn’t returned any sign of life and Daesung grew drearier. He wanted to, but he couldn’t linger with her much longer. The threat has caused chaos of the environment to be born and he had to protect whatever was left after staying for so long.

Bom’s heartbeat was too weak for him to think about reviving and clenched his jaw as he cried, laying Bom carefully into her hand-made death bed. He cradled her face, kissed her lips multiple times, telling her how much he loved her and would wait for her between each. He made promises one after another before stepping out of the hole and very slowly, filling it up, starting by her feet.

He knew Bom’s heart had given out once his pain had been lifted and Daesung fell to his knees, forcing himself to continue covering her as he cried out for her to return to him already.

  “I never planned on covering the beauty of your body,” Daesung covered everything put her head, “When you awaken, let us not reiterate this tragedy, please.”

Gently, he placed the dirt over her face and patted everything to ground level. He stared down at the grave, thinking about how he’d need to find stones of the sorts to mark her body.

But Daesung flapped his wings and burned away his tears, his eyes flashing white as he hurled himself into the sky and went off in search of Minji to bring her to destruction.

Save them, Daesung heard Bom’s voice for the last time.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Bom jolted from her bed and gasped as if air supply was cut off. She held on to her chest at first, then hastily roaming her hands over her face down to looking at them.

She breathed out but her heart hadn’t relaxed. She wasn’t dying; it was just another memory she recalled. It was the first memory she ever recalled, but it wasn’t strong. Now it came back at its strongest and reminded her of the horror the time was.

She had her shaky hands pull hair behind her ears and held on to her head, rocking back and forth as the memory started haunting her. Dying was the worst experience she could ever have. Because she technically did not pass on, she was subjected to an endless black dream—she felt nothing, saw nothing, and breathed nothing. It was all as if she never existed. It was the scariest thing—worse than being in this cage or tortured. To not feel existence was the worst cut off anyone would ever have.

She cried, but got up to one of the walls she had drawn the memory previously and added Daesung to her body carved flat on the ground. She added the hole and the pile of dirt next to it.

Above, she drew the scene of the attack. She carved the many humans around; one specifically with a blade and the other with a scribble of substance—poison—in his hand, touching around her shoulder.

And robotically underneath the already-existing drawing, she drew the scene of Daesung covering her up with the dirt, showing her body was below ground.

She went back to her bed and laid on her side with the closed up wound on her arm. She looked at the slash that no one, not even a creature, could see unless they got really close. She could only see it because she memorized the outline of the wound. It was a swerved line—no true intention on being perfect to cut straight, but just to open her up. It was a white scar, but Bom would always remember the yellow-green that ran down the wound and inside.

She covered part of the wound with her hand and pressed her face to her pillow. Even though she wished Daesung would somehow appear to comfort her in her time of fear, she wished for Jonghyun more because he was easily accessable. He was cleared to come to her room, clearly not in the middle of the night randomly, but he would do just fine. He was good at comfort, especially when he was in Taerant form. He was warmer and much easier to sleep on.

  “Daesung,” Bom sniffed, “Why was I foolish and had forgotten to let you back in? Why had I done this to myself? I am so petty, I am miserable about it.”

Everything was silent and Bom found no comfort without the company. She wished she could manage to do something soon; even if it took another hundreds of years, she desperately wanted to find away to restore herself, her kingdom, and the titles of the Royals.

But right now, she wanted to find a way into the comfort of someone’s embrace.

 

 

 

 

 

 

----Note~----

Okay, no more spam from me tonight!

But here we are with Bom's recall of that disastrous day! 

I'm in love with this chapter so much. I feel so bad at the same time. xD

Bom has gone through so much and to think she's still able to stand on her feet now. 

I love my bias to death, that's why I write her like this. xD

But yup.

I'm gonna go attempt to write another one!

See you hopefully Wednesday!

~FlaMinhoe

/I just realized there was a Manage Chapters. How dumb am I? The chapter Dream has been moved to 28, just incase you wondered.