Branching Out

BTS: Escape to Redemption

 

  “We are moving out, Jonghyun,” the brother beast grunted at him, nudging shoulders, “It is time to find a new place. Maybe outside of Korea, yeah?”

The other beast looked at his brother, eyes wild as he growled, “Leaving?”

  “We have done too much damage to the human population, here. Even though we were already breaking ancient law, we have gone way too far. We must move to a larger population to live.”

The beast got up from the ground, backing away from his brother with a defensive snarl, “I am not going anywhere. This is home.” I am still watching him live.

The alpha of the two sighed, sitting down in front of him with defiance, “Jonghyun, everyone else has moved out. We must move along with them, that is our survival group.”

  “Well then, you go!” Jonghyun barked, turning away from him like a child, “I cannot leave, yet.”

His brother sighed, trying to get the younger Taerant to look at him, “It is that male, is it not? Do not lie to me, brother, I have watched you for years.”

The beast indeed looked up at his larger brother, sighing and nudging him under his jaw, “It is. I have been deciding whether to introduce myself or just kill him. I cannot leave him be, I cannot let him live without me near.”

The larger Taerant nodded on top of his head, giving him a small push, “Will you survive on your own, Jonghyun?”

The beast perked up, backing away with eyes large, “Jaejoong, you will not force me to leave?”

The elder’s paw rested on his head, white eyes turning to a bright shade of blue, “It is only my role to guide you. You are almost three hundred, Jonghyun. You should be stable.”

The younger Taerant looked down, almost sympathetically, “Jaejoong . . .”

  “We will try for China,” Jaejoong simply said, nuzzling the younger, “Just on the borders. If you have a change of mind and heart, then you can find us there. We will try staying put for at least a decade.”

The younger was being comforted, but he still felt empty inside. His whole kind was leaving . . . and he was truly deciding to stay. To watch this man. To watch this man for his own purposes.

  “Can we switch for a moment?” the younger whined, “I want to hug you like a man, not as this.”

The elder chuckled, bonking the younger on the head with his nose and moving back, “Still a child, I see.”

 

 

 

 

Jaejoong had left moments after their last brother-bond moment as human. All was not lost, for Jonghyun could just as easily leave for China, one day.

All sentimental sibling feelings set aside, Jonghyun looked at the sky, seeing the sun just past its highest height. It was after the noon, and surely the man was out wandering around.

With a smile on his face, Jonghyun easily slipped back into his natural form, making a run for the river.

It had been three years of watching this man, studying him like he were reading scrolls, observing him like he were an ant, listening to his voice as if he were music.

This man was fascinating, and Jonghyun had grown accustomed to seeing him everyday. He never did the same thing, at least three days in a row. He was always smiling, always so relaxed as if the wild was something to never fear.

Watching him made Jonghyun feel less of a monster—feel like he didn’t want to be a monster. He lessened his kills over the three years, instead trying to steal from the people in the villages’ goods. To say the least, a lot of things tasted gross and like leaves, but if he were ever going to go up to this man, to make himself at least known, this is what he had to do.

He looked up at the trees, just feeling good. The trees seemed to lean forward in the direction he took, the branches pointing in the exact same direction, telling Jonghyun today was his day. Jonghyun never liked trees too much, but he started gaining respect for their encouragement.

Jonghyun hid himself in the familiar bush of leaves, slightly sticking his head out as he looked for the man. He was no where in sight, and Jonghyun smiled, letting himself into the area.

He had the courage today. To just let this man walk up to him. To say hello.

(It was a good thing he stole some clothes from the villages, too, and buried them close by.)

He sniffed the ground, snorting a few times to get the dirt out of his nose, trying to find the exact spot in where he hid the clothes.

When his own scent struck him his stopped and circled the area, confirming this was the place he buried them. He dug it up quickly, dragging out all the articles of clothing to the surface.

Eagerly, he let himself form back into a human, taking the clothes and fanning them out of dirt, putting them on rather hastily and filling the hole back up, sitting by the stream cross-legged, watching as the water flow.

If the man saw him, would he turn around and leave out of respect?

That would totally ruin the plan.

Jonghyun tried to calm himself down, to be as natural as possible. Sure, he was slightly nervous with the jitters, but surely that wouldn’t show.

  “Who are you?”

Jonghyun froze. He’d only heard that voice humming, never words clear-as-day. The voice was so pure, so crisp, and he finally got to hear it.

Jonghyun slightly turned, eyes fixating on the man, seeing it was exactly who he wanted.

The man looked tense, fists clenched as if he were about to fight, and Jonghyun could only smile at him.

  “I am Jonghyun.”

  “And what exactly are you doing here, Jonghyun?” the man fired at him.

If Jonghyun wasn’t so excited, he would’ve frowned with the tone the man was using, “I come here everyday. I am just very early and feeling very free, today.”

The man’s fists unclenched, a brow cocking upward judgingly before he pressed closer, “I have never seen you.”

Jonghyun played, “I have seen you, though. Each time you leave is the time I come out. I never wanted to bother you.”

The man sighed, seeing no harm in Jonghyun, so he sat down a good distance from him, “I am Kibum.”

Kibum.

I like you, Kibum.

  “Pleasure to know,” he played it coolly, looking out to the river, “To be honest, it would be nice to know more about you.”

He could see the shock on Kibum’s face at his blunt confession, even seeing the little redness on his face, “You do not know how to be formal, do you?”

  “I live out in the wild,” Jonghyun shrugged, looking at him with a toothy-smile, “Honesty is a part of politeness.”

Kibum slightly smiled, coughing out a chuckle, finding humor in Jonghyun’s principle, “Well, I doubt if I take off my hat and show you my ‘disastrous hair’, you will turn away. Your hair is far from ridiculous.”

Jonghyun could’ve chuckled. His different hair colors would throw anyone off.

  “No,” Jonghyun immediately responded, “Never would I turn. At least not in ridicule.”

Cautiously, Kibum undid his hat and set it down, letting his short hair fly free, watching the expression on Jonghyun’s face, “Disgraceful?”

  “Not even close,” Jonghyun smiled in all-honesty, fighting the urge to just pet him, “Not an inch of disgrace anywhere.”

Kibum finally breathed out easily, chuckling again and feeling comfortable, “Well then, I suppose I am to tell you about myself.”

Jonghyun nodded his head, slightly getting closer, “And in return, if you are even the slightest interested, go ahead and ask me whatever you wish.”

  “You start.”

This was going easier than he expected, and every second of it he was loving it, “How old are you, Kibum?”

  “Twenty. You?”

Twenty? Not nineteen? Jonghyun swore he was nineteen. . .

  “Twenty-one.”

Kibum nodded, looking out to the river, “You live in the wild?” it sounded more as a statement.

  “The best on Earth is to roam free,” Jonghyun breathed out, nodding to himself, “Not to be stuck in one place forever.”

Kibum kept his eyes one Jonghyun, brows raised in interest, “You truly believe so?”

Jonghyun bit his lip, hoping he wasn’t saying the wrong thing, “To make your own decision for survival is what should be best, not what everyone believes. Now, why do you wander here alone?”

Kibum leaned backed, stretching his arms over his head, “No one would come with me and neither would I want them to. Company can be a bit of a nuisance.”

  “Am I bothering you as of now?” Jonghyun asked worriedly, ready to get up and leave if that’s what Kibum wanted.

  “Oh—no!” Kibum looked back at him, shaking his head furiously, “No, stay. Stay as long as you would like. I do not mind.”

Jonghyun felt a bubble burst and he could’ve just screamed out then and there. Kibum wanted him to stay—he didn’t directly say it, but it’s what Jonghyun wanted to think.

Being human was a lot better than a beast.

  “Hey? Do you live out here alone?”

 

 

 

----Note~----

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

It's finally heereeeeeeeeee.

JONGKEY IS BLOOMING NOW, YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

So what do you think?

So, you see how when they speak, they don't use what we use. "Don't" or "I'm" or "Can't" etc. I'm trying to emphasize this sort of time period difference, you feel? It may get annoying, and I'm sorry, but as awkward as it is I LOVE IT. 

I have the rest of the chapters hidden and I'm trying my best NOT to make them public.

So excite.

So so so so so so excite.

(There's four moreeeeee and they're longer than thisssssssssssss)

The next Jongkey will come out next Saturday along with the next update. c:

I think a different chapter here will come out sometime this week.

See you till then. c:

~FlaMinhoe