Coward

Can I call you my own?

Hello guys, I'm here again with a new chap! Please enjoy~~~

PS: Wulan, this is for you~♥ I always keep my promises :3

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I opened my eyes in the clarity of the day, moved lazily in my bed and the sudden memory of last night hit me.  I felt regret and sadness at the same time.

‘Great, another day to hide from Jiyoonie… Ugh, how’s that I’m not tired of that?’

I rolled over my bed and saw her bed empty.

‘Perfect…’ I smiled sadly and turned around to face the wall.

I knew Jiyoonie wouldn’t be here all morning, she has schedule until dawn so I felt kinda glad that I didn’t have to deal with her until later, but deep inside I knew I wanted to see her…

When did I ever think she would react differently to the kiss? Really Gayoon, you’re getting far too stupid to these things. I scoffed. And I, that I always brag of my knowledge in the topic. ‘You’re an epic fail, Gayoon’

I’ve spent a few more minutes scolding myself a bit more and then, tired, got up.

Today my schedule starts in the evening, so I took plenty of time to shower, dress and have breakfast. Home was almost empty and it felt strange with so much quiet… I almost missed the noisy maknaes and Jiyoonie joining them… My happy memory got destroyed for my own conscience.

‘Stupid Gayoon was stupid…’

‘Oh, you’re awake’ Jihyun-unnie’s voice made me turn.

‘Hello unnie’

‘Hello’ she sat in front of me with some papers in her hands.

‘What are they?’ I pointed with my spoon.

‘My lines for the drama’

‘Oh…’ I returned to my bowl of cereal not knowing what else to say.

‘So…how are you doing?’ she wanted to break the ice.

‘I’ve been better…’ I suddenly sulked remembering my stupidity of last night.

‘Did you fight with Jiyoonie?’

I looked up to her surprised. ‘Wow, that was straightforward…’

‘Umm…why you think that?’ I asked not really sure if I wanted to hear the answer.

‘Because you only sulk that way when you had a fight with her’

‘Am I really that predictable?’

‘Really?’ I grinned awkwardly.

‘Is not that is that hard to read; you two have a special bond…’

‘Where is she heading with all this…?’

I remained silent trying to swallow my breakfast.

‘So, did you?’

I didn’t want to answer, but it was NamG… ‘Not really…’

‘Then, what is it?’

‘Misunderstandings…’ I replied muttering. She nodded one time.

‘Hope you can clear those “misunderstandings” soon… You two are impossible when you’re upset’

I lifted an eyebrow. ‘Mind clear that up?’

‘Jiyoonie was in a strange mood this morning, just like you, so I guessed you two are having problems’

My heart started beating a little bit faster. ‘Was she?’

‘Yeah…but she wasn’t mad or anything, just…I don’t know, strange…’

‘Oh…’ I couldn’t really say more, my mind got blank.

‘Yeah, you guys better work things up, ok?’ I nodded silently. She half smiled and stood up. ‘You have schedule in 3 hours’

‘I know’ I kept eating.

‘Good, I thought you forgot’ she took her purse and put the papers inside. ‘I’m leaving now. Don’t be late tonight, ok?’

‘Ok’

‘Bye!’ she waved her hand from the door.

‘Bye, unnie!’ I waved back and when she was gone, I went back to sulk in my bowl of cereal.

Jiyoonie was strange this morning and I bet she’s actually hiding her anger. Ugh, how I wish I have more friends so I can sleep over their place and not to come home tonight…

~BIP~

My phone vibrated on the table and I quickly unlocked the screen to see the message.

“Unnie, you’re awake? Jiyoonie was strange this morning, what happened?”

It was Hyuna…

‘I screwed it, that’s what happened…’ I said in my head but I didn’t type anything. ‘Sorry Hyuna, I don’t want to reply now…’

I put the phone down and as I finished my late breakfast, I went to wash the dishes.

To make myself busy the rest of the three hours, I cleaned my room, organized my clothes, read magazines…, I even washed the rest of the dishes in the sink!

‘Why am I even doing all these…?’ I looked tiredly at my watch. “3:30pm”. ‘Great!’

Finally the time for my photoshoot came and I couldn’t be happier to go.

As always, manager-oppa called me to tell me he was down stairs waiting.

I took my purse and went down to meet him. We were going in his car so after greet me, he told me to get in.

The road to the photoshoot studio was fun; manager-oppa always makes me laugh with his silliness so it was nice to have other things to think than my sorrow.

Once I got to the studio, I went to change and the stylist made my makeup. During all the time there and after, in the photoshoot itself, I didn’t stop thinking about Jiyoonie… I even touched my lips a couple of times during the photos and apparently the photographer loved it. I couldn’t stop thinking in the little contact I made with her… ‘Her lips are so soft…’ But when I remembered her expression I felt hurt… ‘She didn’t like what I did…’

‘Ok, that was the last pic. Thank you so much Gayoon-shi!’ the voice of the photographer brought me to reality. He was smiling wide. ‘You did a good job’ he said patting my shoulder.

‘Thank you’ I bowed 90° and went to the changing room.

When I got there, I saw a little green light shining from my phone. A text message…

“Come to my office” was the only content of the text. It was from Jiyoonie.

I panicked. ‘I’m not going!’ I said to myself and shut the screen. I sat in front of the mirror and waited for the stylist to clean my face and fix my hair.

Thoughts again… ‘I’m a coward…’ I admitted. ‘I’ll have to deal with her sooner or later…’ It would be so much better if it was later than sooner…, but Jiyoonie wasn’t the patient type… I sighed. ‘Fine, I’ll go…’

Once the stylist finished with me, I went out to the car and before sat comfortably on the seats, I told manager-oppa to take me to Cube building.

‘Let’s get it over with…’