Years go by

Can I call you my own?

Several years later...

If I would look back at my life and make a count of the moments I was happier I would say that it was the time when Jiyoonie was with me… When we were young and we didn’t care about the gossips and the stares… but life changes… people change… she changed…

I cannot say that I didn’t see it coming, I mean, things weren’t the same and our families’ expectations were so different from what we wanted… and then, suddenly, she said she was leaving…

‘Hey! Why are you making me look like the bad one?’ I giggled and turned to look at her.

‘Because you made me suffer’

‘What? Give that’ she snatched the paper off my hand and read it. ‘I changed? What is this?!’

I laughed. Her expression was so funny.

‘I didn’t change!’ she frowned a bit while she kept reading. ‘Our families? What? Your parents love me!’

I laughed out loud again. ‘I had to make the story dramatic’

‘I went to the States for one month and suddenly I’m a heartbreaker?’

Her eyebrows were furrowed but I still could see the smile behind that expression. She was teasing me, as usual. I pulled her to the bed and she fell on top of me.

‘Who says you didn’t break my heart when you left?’

‘I asked you to go with me but you didn’t want to’

‘You were going to work. I didn’t want to disturb you’

‘I wanted you to go…’

‘Who would have taken care of Emma?’

‘You know how much my mom loves to have her at her home, or Hyuna, or NamG’

I chuckled. ‘Hey…’ I cupped her face and put a soft kiss on her lips. ‘I didn’t want to leave her…’

She pouted. Even after all the years, that expression of hers, is still as cute as it always been.

‘Mommy-J’ we both heard Emma’s voice coming from the entrance of the room. Jiyoonie moved aside to attend our daughter’s call.

‘What is it, honey?’

‘The crayon broke’ Emma showed the broken color to Jiyoonie.

‘Oh, that’s too bad; but you still can color with it, come, let me show you how to do it’

I saw Jiyoonie took Emma’s little hand and lead her out of the room. I smiled at the view.

‘I have a wonderful family’

I turned to look at the paper I was writing on and creased it.

‘I guess the story don’t necessary have to have so much drama in it’

I took another paper and start writing again.

This path hasn’t been easy. It has been painful and sometimes terrifying but it got fine in the end. Our parents weren’t that happy at the beginning, especially Jiyoonie’s father, but as he hasn’t had any sign of Jiyoonie dating men and always being with me so I think he kinda saw it coming.

When Jiyoonie and I went out publicly, Amber, Key and Jokwon-oppa were gone publicly gay already so it wasn’t that much of a fuzz. 80% of the 4nias were convinced Jiyoonie and I were dating so for them it was “like Christmas”, like one of them said in twitter.

As 4minute started to grow older, we all started to make our own solo activities. NamG became a professional actress, Sohyun too, Hyuna has her solo career in the music industry, Jiyoonie is a big producer not only here in Korea but she also had collaborated with famous producers in USA and Europe, and I became a professional model.

4minute is still doing music but since we’re far older now, we can’t go out in tank tops and mini-skirts anymore. Our concepts now have to go along with our age. 4nias have stayed with us until this very day and for that I’m grateful. They are the reason we’re still doing music together, they are our inspiration.

We went on a two years hiatus when Jiyoonie got pregnant. She and I have wanted to have a baby, but Jiyoonie was the one that wanted to be the mother so I let her. I’m a model and I have to take care of my body and she knew it would be difficult to me to have the baby, so she said she would. The thing is…, when Junhyung-oppa found out that Jiyoonie and I were looking for a donor, he volunteered as tribute… Turned out that he was still in love with her…

Junhyung-oppa came to talk to me, I guess Jiyoonie told him that he had to convinced me first, he was very honest in his intentions, he told me that he knew he would never have Jiyoonie, that I “already have” her, but that he wanted to be part of her life at least with this… We got into a big fight but in the end I said I would talk to Jiyoonie, and that if she agreed, I would do it. Of course I didn’t want to, but the child was going to be hers too so this had to be settle by both.

When I talked to Jiyoonie and she told me she would like to have him as donor, man, we had a big argument about it, I mean, why would she want to bear HIS child? HE, out of all the men in the world…? She told me she trusted him, that he was our friend and that she felt safer knowing that the child wasn’t going to be of some random guy in a donor list. I have to say she convinced me with this. As much as I didn’t like the idea of Junhyung being the father, I liked least the idea of a stranger being the father so, in the end I said yes.

What I didn’t imagine was how big part of our lives Junhyung-oppa would turn into…

He comes home frequently and spent time with Emma; that thank God she looks like Jiyoonie, because otherwise, I don’t know what it’ll be of my jealousy…

Emma calls him “uncle”, name that he’s not happy with but he has no choice. Emma is my daughter and Jiyoon’s, not his.

I have to admit that he has helped Jiyoonie a lot with her producer career, and that he’s a good friend of her, but I can’t shake the feeling of insecurity when…

‘Mommy-G’ Jiyoonie’s voice made me stop the writing.

‘Hmm?’ I asked turning around to look at her. She was with her back rested on the door frame and her head tilted to one side. She was smiling.

‘Your daughter is calling you’

I left the pen and the paper on the desk and I got up the bed.

‘Is she ok?’

‘Yes, she just wants you to look what she’s drawing’

I smiled. ‘What she’s drawing?’

‘Go and see’

I went to the living room and found Emma lying on her belly painting something on a paper. I went closer to take a look and saw a raw drawing of 4minute’s logo on the top of the paper, and on the center, what is seems to be Jiyoonie, her, me, Junhyung-oppa, Hyuna, Sohyun and NamG, all holding hands. I got teary.

‘Honey, what are you drawing?’ I asked bending down to meet her level. Emma turned around with the cutest smile.

‘This is me’ she said pointing at the small figure she drew in the middle. ‘This and this are you, my mommies’ she pointed at the two tall figures to her sides. I smiled teary again. I felt Jiyoonie’s arms around me. I hugged her arms. ‘This is uncle Junhyung, this is auntie Hyuna, auntie Sohyun and auntie Jihyun’ I nodded caressing her hair.

‘It’s very beautiful, Emma’ I said holding back my tears. She smiled widely and kept coloring the figures.

Jiyoonie and I observed her for a moment and then we left her to finish her work of art.

‘I can’t believe our 3 year old daughter drew us all…’ I said when we were alone in the kitchen. I started making a sandwich for Emma.

‘I know right… She’s growing up so fast…’

I nodded while I cut a tomato trying not to tear again but it didn’t work. Jiyoonie noticed and back hugged me.

‘Why are you crying?’ she asked in a whisper. I sobbed.

‘I’m just happy…’

‘I’m happy too’ she said putting a kiss on my cheek. I smiled and turned around.

I looked into her eyes for a few seconds. ‘We have a wonderful family’

‘We do’

I caressed her cheek softly. She closed her eyes slowly. ‘I love you’ I said from the bottom of my heart.

She smiled and cupped my face. ‘I love you more…’

We kissed tenderly for a while until Emma’s voice made us split.

‘Mom, I’m hungry!’

I smiled. ‘You want a sandwich, honey?’ I asked out loud.

‘Yes please!’

Jiyoonie and I shared a last quick kiss and I returned to my duty as a mom…

‘I love my life…’

THE END

 

 

TA-DA~~!! This was the end. I hope you guys liked this story. As always, thank you so much for reading and for hanging with me until this very end. Sorry for all the delays and the long waits; hope you could understand.

If you guys have any questions about this fic or any other I've wrote or I'm writing, don't hesitate in asking me in here ask.fm/lattdtuk or here twitter.com/lattdtuk.

Hope to see you soon with another story. Love you~~~