Uncovered

Can I call you my own?

Hey guys~ As always, thank you so much for supporting me, your comments give me strenght to keep going. I'm here with another chapter. Hope you like it! ><

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The cold breeze of the night touched my face and I shivered.

‘Hey…’ a pair of arms wrapped around my waist. I startled and looked back. It was Jiyoonie…

‘Hey…’ I said turning my face to the front thanking the night for cover my blush.

‘Can we talk now?’ she asked in a low voice. I gulped and turned to her.

‘What is it?’

‘You owe me some answers…’ her eyes suddenly half-closed. I giggled nervously.

‘Jiyoorie, stop doing mad faces at me’

She didn’t change her expression. ‘Stop avoiding answering me’

‘I’m fine’ I said dramatically. ‘I’m just tired because of the lack of sleep’

‘And the lyrics?’

‘!’ I looked away.

‘Why did they change your attitude?’ I stayed silent. ‘Tell me your real thoughts about them…’

I returned my eyes to her and observed her closely. Her stare was calm but full of questions. Her lower lip was trembling a bit, maybe caused by the cold breeze that was involving us. Her hands were resting on my hips and her fingers were clawed in my jeans…

I was nervous. I didn’t want to answer her question but her stare was telling me she wasn’t going to let me go without an answer.

‘Did you write them thinking in someone in particular?’ I suddenly asked surprising myself with the question.

She took a moment to answer.

‘Yes, I was thinking in someone in particular…’ her eyes softened a bit. My heart started beating faster.

‘Who…?’ I asked in a string of voice.

There was a brief silence. She stared at me deeply.

‘You…’ she said getting closer…

Her lips were so close that I could feel her soft breath barely touching my skin…

‘HEY!’ a loud voice startled me. ‘Wake up!’

Jiyoonie’s face appeared in front of me, frowning.

‘NamJi said you have schedule in a couple of hours’ she rushed the words and I could barely understood. I nodded anyway. ‘Unnie, next time, you wake her up!’ she shouted walking out the room.

I sighed… ‘It was a dream…’

I rolled over my body and found Sohyun putting her socks.

‘Morning’ she said from her bed.

That strange smile again… ‘I swear I’m going to punch her if she keeps giving me that smile!’

‘Morning kiddo…’ I said coldly and turned my back to her.

‘Did you sleep well?’

A flash of my dream appeared in my head and I blushed.

‘Yeah…’

‘Did you have a dream?’

I turned to look at her with a frown. ‘What’s with the interrogation? And what’s with that smile?’

She grinned wider. ‘Nothing, unnie, it was an innocent question’

‘Stop grinning!’ I shouted. She chuckled. ‘UGH! I’m not in the mood, Sohyun!’ I glared at her and moved out my bed fast.

‘You were mumbling in dreams last night…’

She got my attention. ‘What?’

‘Yeah… You kept calling Jiyoonie’s name’ my eyes widened, and hers, disappeared in a wide smile. ‘I know you like her…’ I felt all the blood in my face going down to my feet. I felt dizzy. ‘Don’t worry, I won’t tell’

‘Hey, why aren’t you changed?’ Jiyoonie entered the room crossing her arms and giving Sohyun “the” look. I panicked. ‘Why are you looking at me like that?’ she asked me with an eyebrow lifted.

I looked at Sohyun. She barely moved her head telling me Jiyoonie hasn’t heard anything. I felt relieved.

‘Nothing…, I’ll go shower…’

‘Good’

I took my towel and left the room.

‘What’s with her?’ I heard Jiyoonie asking but I didn’t hear the answer, so I went to the bathroom.

‘Hope maknae doesn’t say anything…’

‘Unnie’ a cold voice called my attention; it was Hyuna.

‘Hey’ I said smiling at my dongsae.

‘We need to talk’

Her authoritarian voice was scary, but I was scarier.

‘Why?’ I asked lowering my voice at cold level.

‘Just come with me’ she took me by the arm and took me to her room. She closed the door behind her.

‘Hyuna, this can be misunderstood’ I said wanting to tease my friend.

‘Is not funny and I’m not in the mood’ she said glaring at me. I dropped my smile. ‘Unnie, you need to tell me what’s going on’

‘With, what?’ I asked not following any of Hyuna’s mysterious acts.

‘With you and Jiyoonie’ I flinched.

‘W-What makes you think there’s something going on…?’ I stuttered.

‘Do you really think I’m that blind?’ she asked me almost grinning. ‘I’ve noticed how you look at her…’

‘Perfect…Ugh!’

‘Does everyone in this house have noticed?’ I threw my arms in the air and sat on the nearest bed. ‘Am I that evident?’

‘Why? Who else knows?’ suddenly Hyuna changed her attitude and now she was expectant like a little puppy for food. I had the urge to laugh.

‘Maknae just told me she knows…’

‘OMG!’ Hyuna smiled widely. ‘Maknae is as smart as I am’

I shot her a glare. ‘You’re not that bright’

‘Yah!’

I chuckled. ‘Hyuna…, I can’t keep lying to her…’

‘Then stop lying and confess!’ she said loudly.

‘Shhh!!’ I frowned. ‘Do you want her to listen?’ I scolded her. She pouted.

‘I’m sorry…but you should confess’

‘Yeah, like it’s that easy…’ I let out a sigh and leaned on her bed. Hyuna leaned next to me and wrapped her arms around my waist. ‘Hyuna…’

‘Hmm?’

‘Jiyoonie is straight…’ my voice came out weak. My friend remained silent, she knew I was right.

‘Maybe she’s just pretending…’  I turned to look at her and a sad smile grew on my face. Her effort for making me feel better was cute, but even she knew she was lying.

‘Yeah…’ I stood up the bed and picked up my towel. ‘Maybe I’m not gay…’

I left the sentence floating in the air. I opened the door slowly.

‘I saw Jiyoonie’s lyrics yesterday’ I turned to look at her surprised. ‘And there was one that caught my attention…’

I played dumb, like if I knew nothing about it. ‘What lyrics are you talking about?’

‘She wrote something...and I’m pretty sure those lyrics are for you’

‘Did she tell you that?’ I tried to cover my sudden exaltation.

‘No, she was very mysterious about it for some reason, but the words match your relationship very well’

‘Don’t jump on conclusions, Hyuna, it can be any other relationship’ I didn’t want to give me hope.

‘No, I’m sure it’s about yours’ she insisted.

‘Did you work on those lyrics?’

‘No, actually, I found them by accident; they dropped on the floor when she was trying to show me other lyrics. I picked them up and read it. She was really nervous for some reason…’ she explained me with a serious face.

‘It can be anything’ I shrugged. She frowned.

‘No! I’m telling you-’

‘Hyuna…’ I interrupted her; she was still on the bed, watching me with those big eyes of her. ‘Don’t try to play cupid this time please…’ Her attitude changed in a beat of a heart. Her eyes watered immediately, she was about to cry. ‘Don’t imagine things that don’t exist. Jiyoorie is straight and I don’t need to be saved…’

‘But, unnie-’ her voice cracked. She stood up the bed and made the attempt to come and hug me. I stopped her with a sign of my hand.

‘No…’ I smiled warmly to her. ‘It’s nice you want to help but giving me false hopes won’t do me any good… I’ll be fine, don’t worry’

‘They are no false hopes!’ she shouted angrily at me. Tears fell down her cheeks.

‘Come on, don’t be like that…’ I went to comfort her.

‘Why don’t you believe me?’ she asked between sobs.

‘Is not that I don’t believe you, is that I don’t want unnecessary pain’

There was a brief silence, and then she nodded. I patted her head.

‘Thanks’ I tried to smile as happy as I could. She returned me the smile.

I opened the door and I left the room with a heavy heart.

‘I can’t be saved anyway…’

---

After shower I didn’t see Jiyoorie in the rest of the day. That put me in a bad mood for most of the day. I need her to smile, to breathe…

Ding~

Again, she’s arriving late. This time I don’t go out to greet her even if my whole body wanted to.

She enters the room quietly and seconds later, she left the room.

I rolled over my body waiting for her to come back, but several minutes passed and her bed was still empty. I started to worry.

I stood up my bed and trying to make the less noise possible, I left the room too.

‘So, you were awake’ her husky voice scared me to death.

‘Holy shhh… What are you doing in the dark?’ I asked trying to catch my breath. ‘I almost had a heart attack!’

She chuckled. ‘Sorry…’ she whispered. ‘I was waiting for you…’

‘Really?’ I asked nervously. ‘Why?’

‘You owe me some answers…’

 

 

-TBC-