Reality

Can I call you my own?

Hey guys~~ so, I made a promise to a friend that I would update this ff in 2/3, 3 days ago, so, a promise is a promise. Enjoy~~

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last chapter...

‘I was waiting for you…’

‘Really?’ I asked nervously. ‘Why?’

‘You owe me some answers…’

---

I gulped. The memory of my dream ran through my mind and I had to look away because I was blushing.

I directed my steps to the kitchen sink. I needed something to cool my throat.

‘Why you keep avoiding talking to me?’ she had followed me to the kitchen and now she was next to me, observing me while I filled a glass of water…

‘I’m not avoiding you’ I said giggling nervously. ‘Something always happen when we’re going to talk’

‘Liar…’ I took a sip of the liquid.

‘Well, nothing is happening now…’ she put her hand on my shoulder. I froze; I couldn’t pass the water I had in my mouth. ‘Come’ she moved her hand away and went to sit on a chair next to the kitchen table. I finally could gulp the water and followed her. I sat on the chair next to her and stared at my hands…

‘You know, I was nervous to show you guys this lyrics’ she took out some papers out of her bag that was on the floor and put them on the table. I glanced at them without a word. ‘The content of the lyrics are really personal…’ I was still mute, my throat had closed and was feeling like a terrible person for look into her stuff that night… ‘…But since you already read them…’

She moved the papers to my side. I didn’t get it.

‘They’re still unfinished, I haven’t write anything since that night, but I want you to read them again’

‘Why…?’ I asked in a string of voice.

‘You’ll ask me later…’ she directed me a silent smile.

‘I’ll ask you what?’ I was confused.

‘Just read them’ she pointed at the papers. I sighed.

I took the papers in my hands and passed my eyes through her words again. The sensation that the lyrics were written based on our relationship hit me again. I finished and after a brief second, I lifted my eyes to her. I was determined to ask!

‘Were you thinking in someone in particular when you wrote them?’ the memory of my dream kept hunting me. I tried to breathe calmly.

A silent smile grew in her face again. ‘So, this is what has been bothering you?’

I didn’t know how to reply to that.

‘That’s the reason you’ve been strange with me?’

My mind was blank.

‘You think I’ve found someone and that I hid him from you?’

I blinked a couple of times. She was taking out her own conclusions by just one question and they were all right and wrong at the same time.

‘You know I would never hide you a crush…’ her voice sounded hurt somehow. I shook my head.

‘I never said that’

I have no idea how I said it. My throat was still closed so my voice went out weak and strange.

‘Then why are you so strange?’

Her eyes rested on mines preoccupied. I put the papers back on the table.

‘You haven’t answered my question…’ I said almost in a whisper. She remained silent for a moment.

’80% of my lyrics are about someone in particular, exes, family, fans, you guys…’

‘Which one was this time?’ now she was the one that was avoiding the question and I was starting to get impatient.

‘Ok, you made your point, I get it’ she stood up the chair. I held her wrist.

‘I wasn’t making any point…’ she tried to release her hand from my grip. ‘Answer me’

She stopped and I could clearly see her gulping.

‘It’s…It’s personal’ she said finally releasing her hand from me. I pinned my eyes on hers and stood up to level her height.

‘Who was the one you were thinking about?’

Her expression changed in a second and she sighed faking a grin.

‘Fine, it was you! Jeez, you’re so persistent’

Her answer wasn’t the one I was expecting…, more than that, the way she said it wasn’t what I expected.

Reality had overcome fantasy and my dream crashed to dust.

Her awkward grin was difficult to read and I suddenly felt sad.

‘Listen, don’t take it the wrong way, I’m not saying our relationship is intimate in that way or anything…’

That was it…

‘A dream is a dream after all…, right?’

I obligated myself to smile.

‘I wasn’t thinking that, I was just curious’ I knew she knew I was lying but she didn’t say anything. ‘I thought you were thinking in someone else and I got jealous’

That wasn’t entirely a lie but I still felt guilty.

‘Who else could be?’ her aegyo voice surfaced and some sadness went away. I smiled sincerely this time.

‘You better don’t find anyone else’ I tried to sound cute but I know I failed. She giggled.

‘Jiyoorie will always be in love with Gayoorie, she promises’

I just love when she talks about herself in third person. I chuckled and caress her cheek.

‘Good’ I couldn’t stop to stare at her lips for a brief second. ‘I can help…’ I find myself talking again. ‘With the lyrics I mean…’

She smiled widely. ‘I would love that’

I think I never stopped looking at her lips…they’re so kissable…

‘Would you like to go tomorrow to my office?’ I wasn’t really listening but I nodded anyway. ‘Good! Let’s go to sleep, is late’

She was about to get away but I stopped her.

‘Wait!’ I said letting my inner instincts to control my body. She turned with questioning eyes.

I wasn’t thinking; everything was a blur except for her eyes and… and in a quick move, I pecked her lips…!

She moved back with a surprised look.

‘!’ I panicked. I didn’t even let her speak, I ran…