Can I call you my own?

Can I call you my own?

Gayoon POV

Her face appeared in my mind and I smiled.

She’s my vitamins, you know? whenever she’s around, I feel revived. Without her…well, I’m just cranky and grumpy… She makes me smile with her sweetness and laugh with her randomness, she’s just…perfect!

I rolled over my bed as I tried to sleep. Jiyoonie is not home and somehow, even if maknae is here, the room feels empty without her…

~Ding~

I heard the front door being opened and my heart jumped. ‘She’s here!’

I immediately went out the room and pretended to be awakened by the “noise”.

‘Hey…’ I whispered scrubbing my eyes.

‘Hey’ she said also whispering. ‘I’m sorry I wake you’

She walked towards me and touched my shoulder. I shivered.

‘You didn’t’ I said trying to maintain nonchalant. ‘I couldn’t sleep’

She didn’t reply, she simply nodded and went in the bedroom. I followed her.

‘Where were you?’ I asked while I saw her searching for her pajamas. She didn’t reply until she was out the room again. She closed the door behind her and went to the bathroom.

‘I was finishing some lyrics’ she said placing her clothes on the sink table. I nodded and observed her while she was removing her makeup.

My eyes went down her body inevitably. I admired her well-formed figure, her small waist, her , her strong legs…gosh, her legs…!

I didn’t realize how much I was staring until I directed my eyes to the mirror and found her eyes pinned on me. I blushed and mentally slapped myself while I avoided her strong stare.

‘Are you ok?’ she asked with a strange expression on her face. I nodded nervously and looked away.

‘I’ll be at the living room’ I said and turned around to get out the bathroom.

‘Seriously Gayoon…!’ I scolded myself while fanning. The view of her body made my blood go faster inside my veins… ‘I need air’ I went to the balcony and stared at the city from the height I was.

‘You’re going to catch a cold’ I heard a familiar voice saying from behind. Jiyoonie was without makeup now, and she looked equally beautiful. I smiled and went in.

‘Will you show me some of your lyrics?’ I asked still smiling. ‘Gosh, why can’t I stop smiling?’

‘I don’t think they are…proper…’ she said with a shy smirk on her face.

‘Why?’ I was getting curious. She avoided my look.

‘I don’t know, plus, I don’t think they’re finished yet…’

‘Can I take a look? May be I can help’ I suggested.

‘Some other time, ok?’ she said turning her back to me and directing her steps to the room. ‘Aren’t you coming?’ she asked turning to look at me. I was staring again…

‘Yeah, sure, wait for me’ I said stretching my arm to reach hers. She took my hand and smiled warmly before dragging me to the room.

I tried to sleep, I did, but I couldn’t seem to stop thinking about Jiyoon’s “not proper” lyrics… ‘Why are they “not proper”?’ I rolled over my body for the nth time and I decided that I wasn’t going to sleep that night. I went up and headed to the kitchen. In my way there, I noticed Jiyoon’s bag on the floor.

‘No, you can’t!’ I shook my head strongly trying to erase my thoughts. ‘Gayoon, you can’t be thinking in read her lyrics without her permission…!’

My head was telling me one thing, but my body was doing the opposite. I found myself searching into Jiyoonie’s bag for her new lyrics.

‘Found them!’ I took them out and scanned the papers searching for that new music. I spotted them in a second. There was no title so I quickly started reading the content.

(A/N: The real song is ‘A fuego lento’ by Rosana, a Spanish talented musician that I used to hear when I was younger. The real lyrics and music are in Spanish, I simply translate them (maybe not that good translation for the awesomeness of the real lyrics, sorry))


Low heat, your look
low heat, it’s you or nothing
we're forging this madness
with the force of the wind and the warmth of tenderness

Follow the path of courtship
low heat, old fire
I keep enliven our flame
with everything I love you and how much you love me

Low heat you make me water
with you I have my soul in love
you fill me, you empty me, you disarm me
Oh! Oh! My love when you love me


I got speechless…the lyrics… I glanced at the emptiness of the kitchen trying to process what I just read. ‘What is this “low heat” she speaks of…?’ I tried to think if she had met someone lately that makes her feel that way, but the answer was “no”, she hadn’t met anyone lately, and I couldn’t think in a single person that could be that close to her except…me… I understood everything then. ‘It’s me she’s talking about; she has noticed the way I look at her…My eyes are the ones that shine with that low heat when I see her…?’

‘They’re not finished yet, I told you…’ a voice muttered shyly behind me. I startled and turned around.

‘Ji-Jiyoon-ah, I…I didn’t mean to look into your things…I…’ my mind was blank. She was sleepy, but behind that blurry look, she was trying to tell me something. I put down the lyrics and put them back in her bag. She was still mute. I noticed my hands were shaking so I put them together to cover my nervousness.

‘I couldn’t sleep so-’ I started talking again but she cut me.

‘What do you think of them’ she said pointing at her bag. I glanced at it and then at her face, again to the bag and at her face.

‘What am I supposed to reply?’ I was panicking. ‘Is this a trap?’

‘So…?’ she insisted.

‘I…I think they’re great!’ I said smiling nervously. She smiled and sighed.

‘Next time wait until I finish writing…’ she got closer and started closing her bag. I was petrified in my spot. My heart was pounding really hard.

‘I’m sorry…’ I muttered. She nodded and lifted her head to meet my eyes. I panicked again but to my bad luck, I couldn’t move, my feet were glued to the floor. She got even closer and then smiled amused.

‘Gosh, why are you so afraid?’ she mocked me. Her face was still showing signs of sleepiness, but her voice was normal. I was in shock. My eyes were wide open and I think I was pale because I felt a sudden cold when she neared me. ‘Don’t worry, I won’t kiss you or anything…’ her smile was a bit bitter as well as her voice.

I wanted to shook my head, to tell her I do wanted a kiss, but I didn’t even make a sound. I simply stood there until she moved away and disappeared in the dark.

I think and eternity had passed until I was able to move again.

‘Am I getting stupider with the years?’

I let out a heavy sigh and slapped my cheeks lightly.

Honestly, she makes me crazy, but for some reason, I can’t react when she’s too close… I’m hopeless to be honest; I think I could never tell my feelings to her…

Dragging my feet lazily, I went back to the room and tried to sleep, but again, I rolled over my body until almost 4am when finally sleepiness came and I could rest.

‘Gayoon-ah…’ I think I heard my name being called in my dreams. ‘Gayoon-ah!’ again… ‘Gayoon-ah, wake up, we need to go!’ Jiyoonie’s voice sounded loud in my ears. I frowned.

‘What is it…?’ I was too sleepy to realize how close she was from me.

‘We need to go to practice’ the soft scent of my friend’s shampoo travelled to my nose and I opened my eyes slowly. She was inches away, her face a bit wet as well as her hair; she just took a shower and a towel was wrapped around her body. I moved slowly and got up feeling my cheeks getting warmer by the second.

‘You better hurry’ Jiyoonie’s voice was loud again. She threw me a towel and I went out the room closing the door behind me. I couldn’t even make eye contact with her, I was too embarrassed.

‘I’m way too obvious…’ I sulked while I entered the bathroom and locked the door. Her scent was still impregnated in me. I shook my head. ‘I need to stop this…!’

The shower turned out to be refreshing and washed my thoughts away. I went out with almost a smile and humming a song.

‘Sorry’ I stomped over maknae when I entered the room.

‘No prob’ She looked at me with a playful smile and went out.

‘What’s wrong with her?’ I thought watching her disappear behind a wall. ‘Kids…’

I put some comfortable clothes really fast and went to the kitchen. Hyuna was eating her cereals with a sleepy face while NamJi was passing sheets of a magazine. I turned my face and found Jiyoonie staring at me.

‘What do you want to eat?’ she asked in a neutral tone. I glanced at her bowl and found half eaten cereals and milk. NamJi had eggs and orange juice while Hyuna and Sohyun had only cereals.

‘I want NamJi’s’ I pointed at our leader’s plate. Jiyoonie nodded and stood up.

‘Scramble?’ she asked taking out an egg from the fridge.

‘Yes, please’ I said smiling at the view of my friend cooking for me. She put the frying pan on the stove and after a few seconds, she put some butter in it.

‘Ouch!’

I don’t know when I arrived next to her but I took her hand in mines and stare at the sore finger. The world disappeared in one second. I pulled her hand and put a soft kiss on her fingers.

‘You need to be careful’ I said glancing back at her eyes. She was surprised, and with her expression, the world returned. I turned my attention to my bandmates and all of them were staring at me in shock. I let her hand go and pretended nothing happened.

‘Move, I’ll do it myself’ I said a bit too harsh when I pushed Jiyoonie to one side. I felt bad instantly, but I didn’t apologize, I simply put all my attention to the frying pan and the eggs…

After that, breakfast passed by mostly in silence.

I tried to avoid the members’ eyes including Jiyoonie. I couldn’t deal with anything in that moment…

 

-TBC-

See you guys in two months ^-^