two

Peppermint Tea

The next day Suho had to ride a pink bicycles to school but he doesn’t seemed to bother it that much until Chen, who always greets him in the gate, laughs at him really loud and can’t stop laughing at him even though he tried to stop him. “So, what’s up? Did you get Baek’s virus or something? Is this your sister’s bike or what? Spill.” he said in between his laugh. “It’s just..” “What? What? Tell me.” “Yesterday, there’s this girl who had her lock broken and I decided to help her but it was too late, so, I told her to just use my bike.” “Well, well, as expected from a genuine, gentle, cool, kind man like you.” Chen said as he pats Suho’s shoulder. “Well, let’s go inside.” he continues.

After some boring class, the three of them meet again during recess. Chen keeps humming ‘Yooara’s song’ he would say. “Stop it, can you?!” Baekhyun said. “Why do you hate it so much when I sing her song?” “It’s old. I hate it. And it’s not her song. It’s Shim Soobong’s.” Baekhyun rolled his eyes. “I know and I don’t care. She really mesmerized me yesterday. I still have her singing in my mind. Replaying nonstop. I guess I’m in love with her.” Chen said as he looks far away. “Yeah, whatever.” Baekhyun said. “I’m serious, Byun Baekhyun. I’m in love with her.” “It’s not like you never been in love with girls. You are in love with different girls, everyday.” Suho joined. “What is wrong with the two of you?! I really am in love with her. It’s different, okay? When I see her, I feel like something’s different. It’s not like how I normally look at girls. It’s different. She kind of makes me weak.” he said as the bell rang. Suho and Baekhyun stood up and ignore him. “Hey, guys!!! Wait!” he yelled.

The class started but Suho can’t really concentrate. He keeps thinking about Ara. Well, it’s not like he likes her or  he falls in love with her. It’s just, he felt somewhat guilty to Chen. He knows Chen was telling the truth. He can see from his expression that Chen is sincere this time. And he keeps on thinking whether he should tell Chen about the girl on the bike incident yesterday.

~~

School felt so long yet so short when finally the bell rings again, indicating that school is over. “Why haven’t I see her again?” Chen wondered. “Who?” Suho asked. “Who else? Must be that Yooara.” Baekhyun replied. “You know him, right? Can you introduced me to her?” he suddenly asked Baekhyun. “I don’t know her that much. We only talked a few times. Besides, you are the master of flirting with girls, why don’t you try for yourself?” “Please~” he pleaded Baekhyun as he keeps tugging his arm. “We’ll try it.” Suho suddenly said. Baekhyun widened his eyes at Suho and he keeps signaling Suho to cancel what he said. “Really? Yes. I love you, Joonmyun! You know that, right?” Chen said as he jumps up and down in excitement.

“What are you doing, Joonmyun?!” Baekhyun said as Chen disappeared. “What?” Suho said. “Why are you helping him? He’s just going to hurt her again. I don’t like it when he hurts a girl. He should just try to know her for himself!” Baekhyun said. “I don’t think so, Baek. This time, I can see him being sincere.” Suho said as he leaves Baekhyun alone. “Well, I’ll try!” Baekhyun said.

Suho walks to where his bike’s parked and he sees someone so familiar standing beside it. Arms crossed, looking like she’s been waiting for someone. Suho came nearer when she finally greets him. “Hi!” she said. “Oh, hi.” “Thank you so much for yesterday.” she said. “Yup. No problem. So, waiting for someone?” he said. “Well, I’m waiting for you. I just wanted to thank you once again. You really saved my life.” He chuckled a bit and says, “You don’t have to wait for me, you know? And it’s not a big deal so you don’t have to be so thankful.” She suddenly gives her hand and says, “I’m Yooara, but people called me Ara. And you?” “Kim Joonmyun, or Suho, people used to call me.” he said as he handshakes her. “I totally get why people call you Suho (guardian), because you guard people.” He chuckled again and says, “No, no, it’s not like that.” She laughes. “So where do you live?” she said. And that’s how their conversation begins.