eleven

Peppermint Tea

 

She reads the paper, “I’m sorry, I know you will hate me. But this is my present for you ^_^ Have a good day. And..try to be nice to him, okay? -Joonmyun” She pouted and looks to the guy again. “So, what’s inside?” he said. “You sure you haven’t see it?” “No. What?” “Nothing. Secret.” she said. “Okay, then.” he then said. And it’s awkward all over again. It’s always like this. Awkward. Between them. He rubs the back of his neck, “Thank you.” he said. She looks confused, “For?” “For making me settle my problems with Suho.” She laughs lightly, “It’s nothing. Seriously.” And then it becomes awkward again. He sighed heavily, “Why are we so awkward?” She just shrugged and he desperately ruffles his hair.

“Peppermint tea! I love it.” Chen said as he looks at her glass. “You do?” she asked and so that’s how they bring their conversation naturally. They find a lot in commons, peppermint tea, tea over coffee, chocolate milk, mint ice cream, piano over guitar, sleep with their lamps on, and they even both born in September. But, there is one thing that they keep arguing so much, “I think action movies are better than romance.” he said. “Oh? Sorry? Romance movies are the best. The best. Action movies ! They are going to make me deaf, seriously. The sounds are annoying.” “Well, no. Action movies are the best. The sound is the most amazing part in the movie!! Romance . It’s like, super classic and you can definitely guess the ending.” And the argue continued until it was dark outside the tea shop. “Well-“ he almost argued more when he looks up at the skies. “Hey, the skies are getting dark. Let’s go home.” he said. She looks at the skies and agrees with him.

She’s kind of afraid of dark. She keeps thinking how she should go home alone in the dark with her bike. Well, Chen’s house is a bit far from her so he won’t accompany her home. She looks at her bike and pouted, ‘Let’s do this once, bike!’ she thought. Chen looks at her expression and asks, “What happened?” “Um, nothing.” she said, lying. “You’re afraid of dark?” he asked as if he reads her mind. “No.” she lied again. “Alrgiht, fine. I’ll take you home.” he suddenly said. She looks confused but her expression lighten. “I’ll ride this and you sit behind, okay?” he said as he starts sitting in the bike. She nods and sits in the passenger sit behind him. “Hey, Ara.” he calls her before he rides the bike. She looks up to him, “Just...don’t lie to me, okay?” he chuckled and rides the bike, while Yooara is secretly smiling by herself.

He parked the bike in her garden and he gets off. “Ara,” he calls her who is walking in front of him. She turns around, “You haven’t answer my question earlier.” he said “Huh? About what?” “About not to lie to me.” “Is that even a question?” “Um, yes, because I put on a question mark in my intonation.” She rolled her eyes, “Whatever.” She walks again but Chen grabs her wrist, stopping her. “What?” she turns back. “Promise me?” he held up his pinky finger. She rolled her eyes but she hooks her pinky with his, anyway.

“Thanks for taking me home.” Yooara said as she smiles. “Nah, it’s okay. Gentlemen should do that.” “You think you are one of them?” “Well, I don’t know. I’m just..trying to be, I guess?” “But, you“ “Act like a jerk. I know.” He continues, “But, I’m going to change.” Yooara looks at him weirdly, “I hope you do.” “Um, I’m going home, then.” he said. “Be careful!” she said. “You, too.” he smirked. “Be careful of the ghost.” “HEY!” she yelled at him and he just laughs. He walks to the gate but then he remembers something. He turns back to her, who was just about to get in. “Oh, hey, about the movie genres we argue, how about you give a chance to action movie once more and see if your mind change? And we can see who’s right about the best movie genre.” “Huh?” “This Saturday?” he looks to her. “Umm, okay.” she said as she gives a small smile.

~~~

Chen wanders around in the cinema, waiting for Yooara. He was going to pick her up but she said to just meet up in the cinema, and he had to agree. Chen is afraid that she won’t come, because it’s an action movie, Fast & Furious 6. He’s afraid she never want to watch an action movie, especially with Chen. But, then his worried ends, he looks at a girl, wearing that soft pink bell-shaped skirt and a simple white shirt and a peach colored wedges, looked absolutely stunning. She looks around and when she finds the person she’s looking for, she waves at him as she goes closer to him, to Chen.

“I’m happy today.” Chen said to her. “What’s up?” she said as she queue to buy popcorn. “You come. It makes me happy. Thanks for coming, Ara.” he gives her a sweet smile. She laughs lightly, “It’s fine~ Besides, I’m bored at home.” She bought her popcorn and goes inside the cinema with him.

After movie, she feels hungry, although she won’t admit it, but she had promise Chen not to lie, so when Chen asked her whether she’s hungry, she said yes. And so, there they are, eating burgers lazily while discussing about the movie with sometimes dipping their fries to their milkshakes. Yes, they love to do that. “I still think romance movies are better. The sound is still too loud for me. I just...don’t like it.” “No! Urgh, why?! That was really cool! The race, the sound, the pictures, everything!” Chen starts to argue. “No! Romances are still the best. I can only eat my popcorn, I can’t even understand the story.” she pouted. “It’s because you haven’t watch the earlier movies.” “I have no interest on watching those.” He chuckled, “I know.” “By the way,” she continues, “It’s not fair to only making me watch action movie, you have to watch romance movies, too!” she smirked.

~~

Suho takes Yooara home after school as always, and he (again) stays for tea. “I still hate you.” Yooara said to him. “Why?” he asked in confusion. “Your gift. It’s great.” Yooara said sarcastically. He laughs and says, “Look, I’m sorry. Okay? It’s just I think you should welcome him to your life. He’s not that bad, you know?” “I know. In fact, I started to like him, now. He’s great.” “Wow! You like him?” Suho asked with his eyes widened. He never thought she would like him that easily. “Well, not that kind of ‘like’. Just, like him. Like, I like everyone.” “I hope you can like him as in ‘like’, soon, though.” “Why are you hoping that?” she asked him with a disbelief expression. “I don’t know, I feel like both of you will look well.” he said. “I’m going home now, then.” he said as he takes his last sip of tea.


a/n: hi guys!!! its me again how are you guys!!! im really busy these days and i swear i have been wanting to post this since looong time ago but i either forgot or have no time :-( ok so here it goes and i hope it worth the wait :-P oh and hi new subscribers!!!!

 

-comment replies-

bloodytears_woohyun : thank you! and thanks to enchantress for making the poster :") and yes theyre back yay