Chapter 2

My Wolf Friend

"Welcome back to hell, Hwayoung." My enemy from day 1 whispered into my ear.

Ignoring him as if he was an ant, I picked up my books and stood up. "Hello to you too Dong Min." I bowed and hurried my way to class again. Dong Min scoffs and yells "Goodbye freak!" making everybody laugh in response. Dong Min was one of the Kingkas of the school and had a sour personality that he used on people on his bad side. One of those peoples happen to be me even though I did nothing to him. I got to my class and sat down, preparing for the lesson. I sighed as I saw new scratches made on purpose on my desk and tried my best to write around it during the class.

The lesson passed quickly since I knew most of the stuff and it was time for lunch. Lunch was where kids flee to after a boring lesson but that was if you were hungry or had friends. I usually was neither so I stay in the class. Don't get me wrong, I don't skip meals, I just eat a light lunch that I bring from home. I grabbed the brown paper bag from my bag and set it on the table.

I was about to munch on my tomato, lettuce and grilled chicken sandwhich when I heard girls screaming. Alarmed, I put back the sandwhich and head over to the door of the classroom. Several guys were emerging from a sea of girls and I in a breath. It was like a scene from a drama, they were walking in slow motion and in a way that made girls squeal. I leaned against the door and studied them since I have never seen them before. There were 7 guys and they were all goodlooking.

One of them had brown short hair and was the tallest. His expression wasn't too good, maybe because of the fangirls. Then, there was a guy slightly shorter than the first one but was still tall. He had black hair and a grin that was kinda creepy, he seemed to enjoy the attention. The guy next to him had redish brown hair and a bright smile. He seemed friendly and looked like a puppy. Next guy had rainbow colored hair and had a passive face on that did not match his hair at all. He smiled at his friend though who said something. He should smile more often. The guy that made him laugh had red hair and a face that probably made a lot of girls jealous, but he was still handsome. I looked to the right of him and saw a guy major eyebags and blondish hair. He looked like a panda. Finally I looked at the last one. He had brown hair and an expression that bothered me. His face was blank and seemed to be not there at the moment. Suddenly, his eyes landed on mine causing me to look away.

I got off the doorway and went back to my seat. I looked at my sandwhich and didn't have the appetite to eat at all. I glanced at the door way just in time to look at the last guy pass my doorway. I leaned back in my seat and thought about the new kids. They were all no doubt kingka worthy. I just hoped that they were more friendlier than the current one that is my number one enemy. The bell rang when I was in midthought and I quickly put away my lunch.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"OMG did you see those new kids. They were so hot!"

"I know. Especially that tall one!"

"Well I like that guy with red hair!"

My left eye twitched as I heard my girl classmates whispering nonstop during the lesson. I shushed them and they scoffed at me and kept talking. I rolled my eyes and laid my head on my hand. I stayed that way for the remaining school hours and learned from my classmates the names of the boys and that apparently they were all rich. I didn't eavesdrop, they were just too loud for me to zone out. I gathered my things and walked through the hallways. I heard Dong Min and I quickly turned to the lockers, pretending that I was occupied with the announcement board while hiding my face. I peeked through the corner of my eye and saw Dong Min trying to talk to the new kids. I raised my eyebrows at the scene of Dong Min trying to become friends with them, but to no avail. It looked as if Dong Min was a fly hovering over them.

I used this chance to walk past Dong Min and into the library. I sat down at my usual table and started working on my homework. Two hours later, I finished everything and reviewed the lessons today. Satisfied, I glanced at my watch and saw that it was 6 pm. I packed my stuff and left the school building. I looked at the setting sun and couldn't wait to go home. I rode my bike back to my house and locked it in my garage. I showered and decided to bring my uneatened lunch with me as I made my way up the attic and out the window, onto the roof.

I sat on my roof and looked up at the moon that was almost full. For some reason, ever since I was a child, I loved the moon just like my mom. I would always lay down on the roof with my mom and stare at it while she tells me facts about the moon. It was like fireworks for me and it was the best when at the full moon. I stopped looking at the moon for sometime after my mom left, but I felt more depressed. I started moon gazing (what I called my hobby) again once I moved into this house which made the moon look like a painting with the huge trees underneath it. This might sound crazy but the moon brought a calm feeling to me and never failed to make me relaxed and happy again after a bad day.

When I was a child I wanted to become an astronaut so I could step foot on the moon, but I dismissed that dream when I was older knowing that I probably couldn't take the rocket trip to the moon when I couldn't even take roller coasters, so I decided to do the next thing that brought me closer to the moon. Become a doctor that helped people. I wanted to heal other people like the moon did to me. I know that sometimes people can't be saved but I rather focus on the many people I could save. (I know astronomer is probably the second next best thing instead of doctor but let's stick with doctor)

I started to eat my sandwhich and my mind went back to the new kids. I smiled as I thought about Dong Min and how he was belittled by them. Looks like Dong Min got kicked out of his title as kingka.

 

Author here! I just wanna ask do you guys mind if chapters are gonna be this long? Or would you want longer? Anyway, thanks for reading!