Chapter 8

My Wolf Friend

Kai's POV

I closed the door to the room that Hwayoung was staying in and smiled as I recalled how well she took the truth. I walked to the living room and my smile immediately disappears. Everyone was gathered in the living room and the tension was thick. Sehun shoots up upon sensing my presence, but Kris immediately puts a hand on his shoulder to make him sit back down.

"Fighting won't help the situation." Kris sternly says. He turns his head and his eyes land on mine, chills ran down my spine.

"So you told her."

"Yes."

"How did she take it?"

"She accepted it and even asked me to change form." I said with a small smile. Everyone in the room didn't look surprised since they all probably felt the change. It was just silence after that.

"So, what do we do now?" Xiumin inquired.

Not able to hold it in anymore, Sehun bursts out "How do we know that she won't just tell anyone when she goes outside!?"

"She promised that she won't tell anyone." I said.

Flashback

I trotted to my room to change back into human form and to put on new clothes since the clothes I wore before the change were shredded. I walked back to the room and Hwayoung was sitting on the bed, zoned out. I walked in front of her and got her attention.

"There is one thing I ask of you, Hwayoung."

"What?" She looked wary.

"I need you to keep this a secret."

After a moment of silence she opened "I promise." she said in a strong voice.

End of flashback

"She could be lying! She could be a hunter that planned this whole thing to lead other hunters to us!" Sehun icily said. At the mention of the hunters, everyone started getting anxious.

"Trust me please." I held eye contact to everyone in the room and stopped at Kris. "I will take responsibility for her and I will make sure she will tell nobody."

Kris then says something nobody expected. "Alright, but on one condition. She has to stay with us so we can keep track of her whereabouts."

The other 10 people in the room had their jaws dropped.

Luhan quickly recovers and speaks "But she's a girl and she isn't even Kai's mate!"

"We can't let a girl stay amongst a house full of boys! What will her parents say?" Lay blurts out and others murmur in agreement.

Kris raises a hand and the gesture silences the rowdy group of boys. He turns towards me. "Kai, since this is your fault, you will deal with her parents and somehow arrange for her to stay with us. End of discussion." He stands up and walks to his bedroom. Everyone else just scatters or stays seated. Sehun gets up and walks in front of me. "You better not get us all killed." He glares at me and hits his shoulder against mine as he walks away.

I sigh and look for encouragement from the remaining members, them being Tao, Baekhyun, Luhan, Lay and Xiumin. Tao seemed to be in deep thought while Lay and Luhan chatted. Baekhyun glanced at my direction and I could see pity in his eyes. Xiumin just went back to reading his book.

I sighed and walked back to Hwayoung's room. I knocked and heard no response. I opened the door and saw that she was asleep on the bed. I silently walked to her side and stared at her face. I didn't care what I had to do, I am going to protect you for as long as you need it.