Chapter 9

My Wolf Friend

Hwayoung's POV

I felt a hand shaking my shoulder and I tried to push it away.

"Go away." I mumbled, still half asleep.

I heard a deep chuckle and I furrowed my eyebrows. I opened my eyes and saw Kai in front of me. My face started heating up when I realized that Kai heard my mumbling.

"There is your dinner." Kai said and pointed to the desk across the room that had a plate on top of it. My stomach started to rumble and Kai laughed again, making me embarrased. Wait, dinner time? I looked outside and saw that it was dark out. I bit my lip and looked at Kai.

"I should probably be heading home. I'm probably being a bother."

Kai's amused face suddenly turned serious and he seemed to contemplating. "I have something to tell you."

I looked at him expectantly.

"After you eat." He said with a smirk.

I rolled my eyes and slowly made my way to the table. He pulled out the chair for me and I said a quick thank you. In front of me was a bowl of chicken noodle soup and a plate of baked ziti, both looked very good and seemed homemade.

"This is okay right? If not I can get you something else." Kai asked, worried.

"No need. I like everything here." I turned to him and gave him a smile to reassure him. "Thank you."

With that, I picked up the fork and dug into the meal. I finished everything fairly quickly since I didn't really eat today. I wiped my mouth with a napkin and looked at Kai expectantly, waiting for what he had to say.

Kai looked deep into my eyes and said something I didn't expect. "You need to live here from now on."

"Uh what?" I questioned raising an eyebrow.

"My pack doesn't trust you yet and they want to keep an eye on you." Kai said.

I sighed as I thought about what I got myself into. "What happens if I don't want to live here?" I challenged.

Kai looked surprised at how defiant I was. "Well you will probably be followed by my pack 24/7 and they will watch your every move even when you are at home that is if they don't decide to force you to live here first."

I wasn't surprised. "Can I still go to school?"

"Yes since D.O. and I are in your class." Kai paused and continued "You only have to live here until my pack trusts you."

"Do I really have a choice?" I stated, already knowing I pretty much had no say.

Kai smirked "Well you catch on fast."

I sighed and stared out the window. "Fine."

"Ok gr-" Before Kai could finish I raised a hand.

"I want my own room, give me time to move my stuff and.."

"And?"

I smiled "Let me do stuff around the house. I don't want to be a free loader."

Kai smiled back genuinely. "Sure."