Chapter 17

Karma

Minji stood out on the rooftop for a couple of hours until her feelings calmed down. She was enjoying the soft breeze and the view of the countless stars in the sky, but she couldn't stay there any longer. She needed to rest so she'd have enough energy for the trip back home the next day. So she decided to go to sleep, but once she turned around, the rooftop's door flew open and Mark walked out. He smiled slightly at her and got closer. 

However, Minji wasn't planning on staying so she walked to the door, but once she was side to side with Mark, He took her wrist. "Stay with me for a couple of minutes. I have something to tell you." Mark said and Minji could not disagree.

They stood there for a couple of seconds, just looking up and not saying a thing to each other. Then, Mark spoke. 

"You and Taemin... It's wierd." He said while still having his eyes glued to the sky. 

"What do you mean?" Minji asked while forrowing her brows in confussion.

"It's so obvious that you two crave for each other, but... you're still not together..." He said and looked to her by titling his head to the side.

"Your point?" 

"Why?" He asked.

"... Because it's too risky Mark." Minji exlaimed in frustration. "You and I know that very well!" She added and turned her head so their gazes would lock. "I don't think I would be able to surpass the pain if he get hurt. Same goes to him." 

"I'm going to tell you a story about this guy I know!" Mark said with a sad smile on his face. "He got part of our gang when he was 15 and as all teenagers, he had to go to school. But going to school meant he had to socialize, and he got close to this girl. They both fell for each other deeply and in their senior year, the girl asked him to go with her to England since she was going to study there. However, the guy couldn't, so he had to say no, however the girl didn't want to cut the ties, so, for her safety, the guy had to break her heart."

Mark's voice cracked at that moment but he hid it well by coughing. "He told her as coldly as he could that he didn't care about her and that he had better stuff to do than spend his day infront of a computer on Skype to chat with an annoying girl. Then she didn;t contact him anymore. She ignored him with all her might and continued with her life. However... he still loves her... he still wants to be with her but it's too late now." A long pause followed after. Minji could feel the regret and pain in Marks' voice, but she still wasn't sure.

"Don't make the same mistake as him Minji!" Minji turned her head to look at his profile. Mark's eyes were closed and he had an expression Minji couldn't define. 

"What's the guy's name?" Minji asked softly, afraid that she could've crossed the line. 

Mark didn't answer for a few minutes, only kept e sad smile on his face and chuckled bitterly. Then e tear escaped his eye. "Mark Tuan." He said and then turned around and left. 

 

 

 

 

The next day Minji woke up earlier than the others and started packing theclothes that she had left the night before. When she was half way through, she felt a hand on her waist, making her jump slightly and turn around. Her eyes met Taemin's sleepy ones that had a hint of guiltyness in them. He kept his hand on her waist but still kept a decent distance between them.

"Goodmorning!" He said quietly.

"Morning!" Minji said.

"Look, I'm sorry about last night! I didn't mean to upset you, I-"

"It's alright! You don't have to worry about it, I was just stressed out and... I wasn't upset at you." Minji interrupted him and sent him an appologetic smile. 

 

 

 

 

"Thank you so much for everything!" Minji told her bosss' friend and the three bit him goodbye before they went through the airport gates. Once in the plain, Minji, Mark and Taemin scanned the whole plane with their eyes in case there was anyone that looked suspicious. Thankfully, they didn't notice anyone and took their seats and took their flight peacefully.

Once back in Korea Minji drove Mark back to JYP's base. "It was great working with you guys!" He said and patted Minji's and Taemin's shoulders from the back seat.

"Bye Mark! We'll keep in touch! And... Thank you!" Minji said and smiled at him before she jumped out of the car. 

 


 

First of all, I know this whole chapter ! But AlecsMate gave me the idea of Mark's past heartbreak and I just had to put it up here, but it turned out to be really short and I didn't really have any other ideas to fill this chapter up. I appologize cause I know I took too long to update and now I give you this piece of rubbish T_T Sowee!~ 

Anyway, sorry for the grammar/spelling mistakes

Bye, I'll see you guys soon!