Chapter 8

Karma
  • No Pain, No Gain
 
Minji was feeling quite proud of herself. She made Naeun split everything out and she now had proves to show to Taemin. Though, she knew his heart would shatter, she still was going to do it, for his own well-being.
 
"Silly! Out of all the girls, you chose the one that wanted to kill you." Minji whispered to herself, before turning her car on and heading back to YG's base. She went straight to YG's office and showed him the recording.
 
"Minji, I want you to keep this a secret. Don't show it to Taemin, couse if you do, God knows how his reaction will be." Minji was kinda confused at first, but still agreed on it nevertheless.
 
After talking with YG, she went straight to her room, where she saw Taemin in the bed, looking at the ceiling. She couldn't comprehend if he was sad or not. 
 
"Hey! How you feelin?" She asked and sat on the bed next to him. 
 
"Honestly, I don't know. All this time, I thought Naeun was the love of my life and that after a few years we'd get married and have children together." He paused to let out a bitter chuckle. "But when she broke up with me, I didn't feel that bad. Sure, it's still kinda painful, but not as much as I thought it would be."
 
He got up and noticed Minji was in deep thoughts. "Did you even hear me?" 
 
That made her snap out of her thoughts and eye Taemin carefully. She hadn't heard any of the things he told her, but he didn't look hurt, so she assumed he was alright. Becouse of that, she thought it would be alright to show him the recording, but breaking YG's rules would be a huge mistake. She put her bag on the bed and nodded her head to his question. Then she headed to the door with a straight face.
 
"I'll go to the training room. Please don't go anywhere without me." 
 
Taemin was now alone. He layed back down and slowly driffed to dream land.
 
-I love you, baby I'm not a monster-
 
The ringtone woke him up. He was kinda confused at first couse that was not his ringtone, but then he remembered Minji had left her bag in the room.
Taemin saw the caller ID but decided not to answer. It was TOP, and he never failed to scare the living crap out of Taemin.
 
So, instead of answering, he waited until he hung up and then unlocked Minji's phone. Since he was bored, he decided to explore her pictures. He didn't think there would be something top-secret there so he assumed it was alright. 
 
He passed through a couple of pics of her and her friends, mostly with Bom. A smile crossed his face and then he started scrolling on some other files in her phone, until he passed through a suspicious-looking recording. He opened it and his mood chaged immediately.
 
"... and I want Taemin's head on a silver plate!" With that he stopped it and threw the phone across the room.
 
He was angry... no, furious, but still with a hint on pain and sarrow inside. Angry at Naeun, for playing around with his feelings like it was the most natural thing on earth. Angry at himself, for being stupid anough to trust her that blindly. But mostly, angry at Minji, for keeping that a secret from him.
 
He slammed a chair against the wall and stormed outside. He needed to chill and relax before facing Minji again. He didn't want to flip tables when he'd see her again.
 
He went to a deseted park and sat near a tree. Time passed by really quickly but Taemin didn't notice that since a lot of flashbackes were coming back at him. That contunied to happen, until he heard gun shoots. Turning around slowly he saw Naeun and five other guys shooting at him. 
 
"!" He cursed to himself and hid behind the tree, hoping he'd become invisible. Right at that moment when he thought he was realy screwed, the shots stopped for a short moment, before starting again.
 
He looked at the scene and saw that Minji along with Jiyoung, Youngbae, and Daesung were fighting with the others.
 
Sirens were heard and Naeun decided to back off. It was then when Minji walked up to Taemin and asked if he was ok. 
 
When she got to the gym she remembered she had left her phone in the room, and went back to get it. But, when she opened the door, she saw her phone smashed on the ground and Taemin not there. She cursed loudly and then went to Dongwook, their PC genious and asked him to track Taemin's phone.
 
"I told you to ing stay in the room." She said in a way he was deffenetly not expecting. She was not mad, not upset. She was worried, and while she was saying those words, she was hugging him so tightly and  at the same time cheacking if he was ok.
 
"Sorry, I-I needed some time to think." He appologised.
 
"Thank God you're ok! You could've died, you know!" She said with the same calm and consened voice. 
 
The way back home was silent with only the three guys who were bickering with each other. Minji took Taemin back to their room and told him to wait for her there. She needed to explain YG what had happened.
 
"You've beed so reckless Minji. But good thing you arrived on time. However, we need to be more carefull so these kind of situations won't happen again." He said.
 
"I know! I shall be more carefull and take this job more seriously!" She said and bowed.
 
"I hope so. That's why I want you to train him and teach him how to defend himself." Minji was a bit taken aback from what he said, but still agreed without putting his words in discussion. "Teach him how to be a proper member of this gang, or better yet, ask him if he'd like to join. He has some potentional, and since he has nothing to loose in his life I think that'd be a good idea." YG added while smiling.
 
"I will!" was her final reply. 
 
That night, when she went back to their room, Minji saw Taemin looking at his family pictures. She smiled sadly and sat next to him.
 
"Do you miss them?" She asked.
 
"Kinda!" He said, but the look on his face betrayed him. He missed them. He missed more that anything in the world, but he was too stubborn to admit that. 
 
"YG told me to ask you a question. W-would you, you like to be a part of us?" Minji went straight to the point and looked at him dead in the eye with a lot of nervousness. It was the first time hearing Minji sutter and he found it cute.
 
"Like, be a member of the gang?" Taemin repeated her question. 
 
"Yeah, I guess..." She said looked down. "I understand if you wanna think about it!" 
 
"No, I don't need to think about it. I'd love to!" Taemin said and smiled.
 
"Ok, then! Tomorrow you must get up at 5AM sharp and go to the gym. I'll be waiting for you there." Minji said while making her way to the bathroom to take a hot bath.
 
"Aishh... Why that early?" He complaied.
 
"5AM" She shouted from the bathroom.
 
 
THE NEXT MORNING
 
 
The annoying ringtone woke him up. He rubbed his eyes for a while before going to the bathroom and take a shower. Then, he dressed up quickly and made his way to the gym.
 
"You're late!" Minji said while standing in the middle of the huge room. Taemin looked down at his clock and saw it was only 5:04AM. He made a face at her before defending himself.
 
"Only by a few minutes." 
 
"A few minutes can cost your life. In this world the strongest lives and the weakest dies. You don't wanna be the weak one, do you?" She asked him with a playful yet creepy smirk on her face. 
 
 
After a few hours of hardcore training Taemin felt exsausted. It was understandable since he was quite whiny teacher who wouldn't stop telling him to aim better or punch harder.
 
"I think it was enough for today. Or do you wanna stay for a while more?" Minji said and , before laughing at his expression when she made him think she'd keep him longer there. "Go take a shower and come back within 40 minutes. I need to teach you something else." Minji said and left Taemin free to go to the bedroom.
 
Seeing that Minji was dead serious, he rushed to the room and got a quick shower to get rid of the sweat. When he was done, he saw a box on top of the bed with his name on it. He opened the note and read it. 
 
Welcome to YG family, trainee
       to be a real member 
                             you have to dress up 
                                            like one
                                                                                         -Minji
 
He opened the back box and saw a black leather jacket along with a V-neck T-shirt and leather pants. It looked perfect on him and he liked that kind of look. The outfit was mainly dark, but it made him look misterious and, well... hot.
 
"Taemin, are you ready?" Minji asked while opening the door and entering inside. Her words got stuck on when she saw him. That kind of look was amazing on him and it made her feel wierd.
 
"What do you say?" He asked, looking at himself in the mirror.
 
"Hmm..." She said, not finding the right words to say.
 
"Just hmm? Nothing else?" He asked, and turned to look at her. 
 
"You look nice! And I like this kind of style on you better!" She said and gestured him.
 
"Yeah, me too!" 
 
"Ok, let's go! We must find this guy!" Minji said and waited for him at the door. 
 
"What guy?" Taemin asked and forrowed his brows.
 
"He's a drung dealer!" Minji said as if it was the most normal thing to say.
 
"We're going to guy drungs???" Taemin exlaimed with his eyes wide open.
 
"No, dummy! We're gonna kill him. Well, you're gonna kill him! Don't worry though, he's tottaly harmless. All you have to do is pull the triger." Minji calmed him down, and after a while Taemin agreed on it. 
 
Minji opened her car's door and hopped in. It was only her and Taemin, and that kinda made him feel nervous.
 
"Relax! What you're about to do is one of the easiest things ever." Minji said when they were infront of the house.
 
"Just the thought that I'm about to kill someone makes me panic." He replied and sighed heavily.
 
"Don't worry, I'll teach him a leason first, and then you will kill him."
 
"As if that will make me feel better," Taemin rolled his eyes.
 
"Seunghae! Long time so see buddy!" Minji said to the guy in front of her.
 
"M-Minji, what are you doing here?" He suttered. It was kinda strange seeing a huge guy sutter infront a tiny girl like Minji.
 
"Did you miss me though? I thought we had a special relationship." She fake pouted and prentended to be all innocent and harmless.
 
"Y-Ye-ah!" 
 
"Let's take a ride together, what'cha think?" She took Seunghae's arm lead him to a deserted basement. When the three of them were inside, she threw a punch on his face.
 
"You know, my sources told me you still tried selling your stuff to Genie, and you know YG doesn't like that, right?" She asked and gave him another punch on his stomach. "So, tell me Seunghae, didn't you take us seriously when we told you to stop selling your stuff you Genie? Did you really think we wouldn't find out? HUH?" She added and took a knife out of her boots and ripped his shirt off relieving his tattooed chest. She started making invisible cyrcles around his chest with the knife while he begged for his life. Being annoyed by his stupid cries and begs, she cut a cross on his chest to make him shut his mouth. But instead he started screaming and crying louder.
 
"Scream all you want, no one's gonna hear you!"
 
She continued to beat him up until he was unconsious and then turned to Taemin with a poker face. "Kill him" She said and looked at him dead in the eye, as if she was challenging him.
 
Taemin did what he was told, although he hesitated for a couple of seconds. With one shot on his head, Seunghae was dead.
 
"Come on now! YG will send some guys to take care of the body." 
 
"Why did you torture him like that when in the end you would still kill him?" Taemin asked out of curiosity, once they were out of the basement.
 
"Couse it's helpful for your training." She said. "You need to learn the basic lesson if you wanna live in a gang. No pain, no gain baby! Never forget that" With that she fixed her gaze on the road and sped up.