Chapter 6

Karma
  • Training

The next morning, Minji woke up finding herself on Taemin's arms. Sleeping with him wasn't part of her plans, but she seemed to have fallen asleep before she could go to her own bed. They were in the same possition they were the other night. Hugging each other, while Minji's face was burried on the crock of his neck. She smiled slightly and brought her face closer to his neck, in his sweet smell. How she wished she could kiss him. She could tell his skin was very soft, even though she barely touched it. 

Suddenly, she felt fingers on her head, playing with her hair. She looked up and saw a smiling Taemin facing her. She couldn't help but smile back. His face was a bit chubbier than usual, and his heavy eyelids were half closed. That meant he had just woken up.

"Do I smell that good?" His husky, morning voice broke their coumfortable silence. She took a couple more breaths along with his smell and nodded softly, making him giggle.

"Call your girlfriend and tell her you're going to meet. But I'm going to be with you too." Minji said, with a bit of sadness in her voice. And then it hit him. 

He wasn't supposed to sleep on the same bed with girls while he had a girlfriend he loved. And from as far as he knew, she loved him too. So, without even thinking twice, he broke their hour-lasting hug and got off the bed. Minji kept laying there looking at nothing in particular, and feeling a bit dissapointed that he left. Her body started shivering as well. Maybe it was becouse she was used to be so close to his warm body that now that it was gone, it got cold again.

Taemin unlocked his phone as he supported his hips to the bathroom's sink. He called her and waited for her to pick up. When she did, her voice sounded a bit different so Taemin assumed he woke her up.

"Hello!" 

"Hey baby!" Taemin said and smiled like a fool, feeling happy he was hearing her voice again.

"Oppa!~" Her usual exitment got back when she realised it was Taemin who had just called her that early in the morning.

"Wanna meet?" Taemin got straight to the point.

"But I thought it was dangerous!" At that moment, Taemin heard male groans coming from the other line. He frowned.

"Yeah, but Minji is going to be with us so there's no need to worry! And, is there someone with you?"

"A-ah, ok, s-sure! And no, it's just... the TV! I forgot to turn it off last night!" 

"... Ok! I'll see you at ____ at 9AM so we can eat breakfast!" For some reason he wasn't bying what she just told him about the TV. And that was wiered, couse he always trusted her.

As he walked out of the bathroom, he heard Minji let out a sound of surprise as she covered her half naket body with the white T-shirt she was wearing. Taemin turned around and waited for her to get dressed.

"Is this a habit of your's or what now?" She said chuckled, making him smile lightly. His mind was still on those sounds coming from when he was talking to Naeun. It sounded like a man who was waking up, but why would there be a guy on the same room as Naeun? 

He didn't want to belive that she... No, it was impossible! She would never do it! She would never cheat on him... Or would she?

"Yah!" Minji called out for the third time and finally sucseed on bringing him back to the real world. He turned around and looked at her all dressed up. Without even knowing it he was staring at her, wondering what was behind those clothes. He was thinking too much it was driving him crazy.

Minji walked to the bed and took her jacket. Taemin didn't get his eyes off from her, not even for a second. He bit his lower lip as he started imagening stuff while watching her hips swing as she went to take her sneakers and wore them. When he finally realised what he was thinking, he shok his head and mentaly facepalmed. He really was going crazy.

After getting ready they both got in the car and after Taemin told her the place, she drove there. Minji parked her car and cheacked herself in the mirror before walking out. Taemin noticed that and laughed at her. 

"Every girl does that! It's normal!" She defended herself but that didn't make Taemin stop teasing and laughing at her. 

They walked inside the cofe and Taemin spotted Naeun in one of the tables. He made her way up to her and she stood up, giving him a hug and kiss full of passion. Minji tried to avoid the scene as much as possible and she sighed in relief as soon as they were done.

"Hey! We didn't greet each other properly yesterday, but I'm Minji!~" She said with a fake smile on her face as she bowed.

"Hey! It's ok, Taemin esplained me everything and I tottaly understand why you did what you did! I'm Naeun by the way!" Naeun replied also with a fake smile, that looked really natural in fact. After that they took their seats on the table and Taemin and Naeun started babbling about that Minji didn't understand nor did she want to. All she was doing, was look around for anyone that looked suspicious or that Minji knew. 

And finally she spotted someone. It was no longer Yoseob, Kikwang and Dongwoon. Now it was Illhoon, G.Na and Junhyung. 

"Hurry up with your chit-chats! We got comapany!" Minji said not getting her eyes from them.

"Ok!" Taemin replied to Minji. "We gotta go!" He told Naeun who nodded and stood up for a hug, which Taemin gladly gave. After Minji said boodbye as well, they both walked out of the door. Minji let Taemin walk out first, as she turned her head one more time at Naeun and smirked, as if she was trying to let her know she knew who Naeun really was.

"Should we follow them?" G.Na said as she stood beside Naeun, who shook her head.

"We underestimated her! She knows all of you and she knows me as well. It's going to be hard to find Taemin without her around again." Naeun said as she took her bag and walked to the door. 

 

"Well, that went well!" Taemin said and smiled at Minji, who smiled back at him.

"You didn't seem that happy to see her!" Minji pointed out what she had noticed before. He wasn't exited, nor did she see the same glow on his face.

"I'm a little confused that's why." Taemin said and sighed.

"Why? What happened?" Minji asked.

"When I was talking to her in the phone this morning, I heard male groans in the backgroung. She told me it was the TV, but for some reason I didn't really belive her." 

"If she said it was the TV, than it must've been the TV! Don't always think negative!" And with that Minji turned her car on and drove back home. When they were finally there, Minji took Taemin's arm and dragged him to their training room.  Luckly there was no one inside. 

Minji turned around to face him and smirked. Taemin on the other hand frowned and looked at her in confussion.

"What am I doing here? Do I have to stay here and watch you train again?" He asked, making Minji shake her head no.

"I'm going to stay here and watch you train!" And with that being said, Minji made Taemin get out of his sweater. 'Wait... What?' He thought as he found himself infront of a boxing bag with boxing gloves on.

 

Taemin layed on the ground breathing heavily. Sweat was dripping from every part of his body. It was not like he hadn't taken self-defence lessons before, but this was more intense. It had been only two hours that he was doing it, and he was already exhausted, as if he had been doing it for days with no rest at all.

"Taemin..." Minji said softly as she kneelted next to him. He opened his eyes and looked at the side only to gaze at her perfect figure. He swallowed loudly as he kept his eyes on her.

"You tiered?" She asked as she sat on the floor, crossing her legs.

"Yeah..." It was more like a whisper, but it was loud enough for Minji to hear. She rolled her eyes and smaked his shoulder.

"You're such a cry baby!~ Get up! You need a shower!" She said as she wipped her hand on his trank top since it got all sweaty by touching his shoulder. He sighed and stood up. Then, after taking their stuff, they made their way to their room. Minji threw him a towel and he made his way to the bathroom.

After he stripped, he turned the water on, and sighed as the hottness of the water run down his body. He stayed like that for a while, before poering some shampoo on his hand and washed his hair.

 

Minji was laying on the bed, when Dara got in her room and told her YG was looking for her. At the sound of YG's name, she jumped off the bed and made her way to his office. She knocked lightly and opened the opened it slowly. Once she got in, and closed the door behind her, she noticed Teddy was there too.

"Take a seat, Minji!" YG said with his calm, yet conserned voice. She did as he told her too, and she could sence that something was not right.

"What's wrong sajangnim?" She asked.

"Minji, I'm sorry that I'm telling you this, but I'm going to have to handle Taemin to someone else with more experience!" Minji was shocked. She had slighly opened in awe, and her eyes wide open as well. What did she do wrong?

"W-what did I do wrong?" She muttered out.

"There isn't anything you did wrong, Minji! But the enemie, is closer to Taemin than we thought! This is very dangerous for you and it's still your first job!" 

"It's Naeun, isn't she?" Now the awe and shock in Minji's eyes ware replaised by anger. And everyone knew she was capable of everything when she was mad.

"Yes-"

"I can do it! Please! Even if it's dangerous, I don't care! I don't like it when I start something and I'm not able to finish it!" And again, her face changed. Now it was as if she was begging him to continue her mission.

"It's too dangerous Minji! And don't forget that this is not only about you! Taemin's life deppends on this." Teddy spoke for the first time since Minji got inside. And she wasn't expecting that from Teddy. He'd always have her back, but this time he was agreeing with YG. She just sighed and remained silent for a while. She needed to let her anger out in some way. But at the moment, she couldn't beat nor destory anything around. The only way was her tears. 

She felt the them looking for a way out through her closed eyes, but she wasn't that weak. She fighted them in. She didn't want them to see her cry.

But yet, once again, she lost.

A single tear dropped down her face as she immediately wipped it, so they couldn't see it. But they did.

"There's no reason to cry Minji! Things like this happen all the time." YG tried to confort her, but that only got her angrier.

"Yes, there actually is a reason for me to cry! And it's becouse you don't trust me! And neither does anyone in this place! Chaerin also had a very dangerous first job, and she made it! And you trusted her, but why is it so hard to trust me, huh? But then again, I'm the girl you found in the middle of the street so there's no prove that I'm turstable yet!"

"Chaerin is not like you Minj-"

"Oh so now you're saying I'm weak as well! Thank you YG, really!"

"That's not what I-"

"She's right!" Teddy was the one that cut him off this time. "It was so simple for you to belive that person on Chaerin's hands, and you had no doubts that she'd be safe with her, but why not give Minji a chance as well? I know why you're doing this, couse you explained it to me a million times already, and I think it's a very thoughtfull and caring decision from you, but that's not the way Minji sees it! And I knew she'd react this way! Just let her finish what she started." Teddy finished, making YG sigh, giving them the sign that he was thinking about it. 

"Fine, but be careful! They are really dangerous!" YG said rubbing his tamples. 

Minji, on the other hand, smiled cheerfully, and bowed at the older man infront of her. Then, both, Minji and Teddy, left the office. Once the door was closed, Minji hugged her Oppa tighly saying a bunch of thank you's and promises that she wouldn't let him down. Teddy just smiled and hugged her back.