Chapter 7

Behind the Screens!

Jonghyun rolled his eyes and grinned hearing Gayun slam the bedroom door. She was so feisty, and it puzzled him because he confidently knew that girls would kill to be living with a gorgeous hunk like him. Although, it was an interesting experience for him to know the feel of rejection. He didn't want to admit it aloud, but it was actually nice to be paired with someone who wasn't so easy. 
He reached into his pocket to get his cellphone out. He pressed speed dial number 2 to call Manager hyung. After a few rings, he had finally picked up. 

"Jonghyun, is there anything the matter?" Manager hyung was worried that Jonghyun had called so soon. He wondered maybe something unfortunate had occured between the two. Those negative thoughts were soon set behind, hearing that Jonghyun had a confident tone in his voice. 

"No, sir!" He could hear Jonghyun smiling, if that was even possible. "Gayun-ssi and I are ready for that interview. It's about time we get started..." 

Manager cleared his throat. He was pleased to hear Jonghyun's incision, but he knew the two weren't prepared for any of the interrogations just yet. Before he could arrange any shows for them to go on, he gave him some important instructions beforehand. 

"I'm happy to hear that. Good work, Jonghyun-ah." He praised. 

"But... It would make more sense if the interviews came naturally, instead of setting them up." He added. 

Jonghyun was confused with what he was saying.What did he mean by naturally?

"I don't get it, Hyung." Jonghyun ruffled his fluffy dino hair. 

"What I mean to say is... You two publicize your relationship and let the paparazzi take over. That way, the phone will be ringing for us to come to them." Manager thoroughly explained. 

It took minutes for Jonghyun to comprehend. It didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what Manager hyung was coming up with, but Jonghyun was a slow kind. After it had finally proccessed into his head, he raised his index finger and gasped. 

"Ah! It makes sense! Gayun-ssi and I will go out in public and grab attention then." Jonghyun suggested. 

"Exactly, and I'll let you know about any calls later. For now, go out and act away." For once Manager revealed a small smile. It's been a while since he's been impressed by the group he managed. Seeing that Jonghyun was doing a fine job at trying to restore
everything actually gave him some relief. They said their farewells after reciting the plan. When they had finally finished the conversation, Jonghyun placed his phone back into his pocket. He walked towards the bedroom door taking a huge breath. 
When he got himself to knock, he exhaled. 

"It's open." Gayun replied. Jonghyun found that she was examining something, while sitting on the bed.

"What are you up to?" Jonghyun curiously questioned.

She threw (what it seemed to be, a journal) under her pillow and looked up at him.

"Why do you ask so many questions regarding my personal business?" She coldly remarked. 

He smirked and placed his hands on his hips. He gave her a sarcastic look. 

"I'm your boyfriend, that's why." 

She rolled her eyes and threw a pillow at his smart head. He couldn't help but to just laugh and recieve the attack. 

"Speaking of being your boyfriend... Let's go roam out." He offered. (More like initiate the plan.) 

"No, I rather not." She crossed her arms and laid back on her comfortable bed. 

"It's a must!" He says, before pulling her off the bed. 

"YAH!"

"Manager hyung said to publicize our relationship, so better get on with it now." 

"WAIT, WHAT? PUBLICIZE?" She retrieved her wrist from his grip. 

Gayun knew that she had to be Jonghyun's fake girlfriend and do all sorts of couple stuff when the camera was rolling, but the fact that they had to act like it even when they go out had her taken aback. She looked at him, apalled. The thought of having to be initimate outdoors, or initimate in general, made her cringe. And adding on to that, she was to do so with... Jonghyun? 

"ISN'T THERE ANY OTHER WAY?" She whined. 

Jonghyun shook his head. He explained to her the reason why they had to publicize them being a couple. It took him a while to convince her, but eventually she caught on that, that was the best solution for a natural scandal. She nodded her head, but stopped to look him dead in the eye. She gave him warnings that if he went far with the whole skin-ship, he'd be admitted to the hospital for more than 4 weeks. He gulped, before agreeing. Gayun had much control over him. She did well at creating an obedient character out of someone. 

"Now get out. I have to go change." She pushed him out of the bedroom. Jonghyun realized that he should change as well. 
He had to look good for the cameras afterall. 


                 
                                                                                      ☆  ☆  ☆



Jonghyun and Gayun had finally prepared themselves for the paparazzi. If they were going to look natural, they had to look naturally good as well. Jonghyun was wearing a navy blue, long sleeve button up. You could see how well built his body was, just by looking at howwell he was fitted in his clothing. Gayun chose a casual sun-dress, that was good for outing. As a DIAMOND member, she had to show off her cuteness. That was the theme of the group, afterall. Jonghyun thought the look suited her, but he knew very well that under the cute image... she was a big ball of fury. 

"Ready?" Jonghyun had asked. He was glad that Gayun wasn't the type to over-do the whole getting ready bit. Though, he wanted to be certain that she was really finished. 

She nodded before walking ahead of him and out the door. Jonghyun had caught up. He thought that they should stick to at least walking by each other, or else no one would even suspect that they were supposedly dating. When they got out of the condo complex, they were greeted by the breeze. Jonghyun still had trouble catching up to Gayun, so he figured he should make a solution. He ran up to her and linked their arms together. Gayun was taken aback with his sudden action. 

"What are you doing right now?" She looked at his arm in disgust. 

"What's wrong, babe? Not used to Oppa's lovin'?" He winked. 

She groaned in a frustrated manner. She knew he was satisfied with the fact that he had an excuse to be intimate with her. Ever since the party, Gayun had interpreted Jonghyun to be a flirtacious player. Which was something she hated the most. She wanted to repel from him, but they were already in a location where there were a lot of people. Any minute now, someone would notice SHINee's Kim Jonghyun & DIAMOND's Park Gayun linking arms. 

That wasn't the case though. A fan had noticed... Jonghyun, but had abandoned the fact that he was with Gayun. They had asked him to sign things and what-not while Gayun stood by waiting for them to finish. About ten people later, he finally decided to continue the outing with Gayun. She looked at him with envious eyes. Why didn't they pay any attention to her?

"Sorry about the wait. I tend to do great fan service." He wasn't intentionally being cocky (maybe slightly), but Gayun saw it as him mocking her. She scoffed before speeding her pace from him again. 

"YAH, WAIT!" He caught up to her again and placed his hand on her shoulder. 

"Let's do a better job at this publicizing thing. I feel like nobody's noticing." Jonghyun sighed. 

Gayun looked at him with fiery eyes. How could they be noticed, when he was stealing all of the attention?! She didn't like the fact that a bird-brained dinosaur like Jonghyun was recieving more love. It wasn't fair to her. So to keep the attention away from him and actually feed attention to them BOTH, she decided to level things up. 

"I can't believe I'm doing this." She whimpered, before interlacing her hands with Jonghyun's. He had gasped at the contact. 

"Oppa! Let's go there!" She pointed at a girly shoe store. Jonghyun gulped, he didn't know how to react, so he let himself be dragged by her. 

When they went in, they were automatically recognized. 

"KIM JONGHHYUN?! PARK GAYUN?!" They dropped their mouths to see the two holding hands. 

Gayun and Jonghyun politely bowed at the workers. The workers blinked quickly. They were in awe that they were witnessing a scandalous idol couple. Knowing that it would be rude to ask about them, the workers had treated them as if they were just regular customers. (Which was obviously a challenge since their breathing would hitch each time Gayun or Jonghyun would speak up.) Luckily the place wasn't too packed, and the only customers really were elderly. They couldn't have recognized the two. 

Gayun was still holding on to Jonghyun's hand. It was like she had forgotten that they were in contact. However, she still pulled him along as she scanned the aisle of shoes. She needed comfortabale ones. Not heels, or flats, or anything that caused her feet to burn. She wanted comfy slippers or sandals that treated her feet well. She took advantage of the whole boyfriend/girlfriend act
and had Jonghyun carry a load of boxes. He was holding at least nine boxes of shoes, until she instructed him to come with her to the seating area where she could try all of them on. 

"How long do I have to do this?" He whispered. 

"Until you stop being a burden, that's when." She flatly replied as she tried on the first pair. 

"When is that?" 

"Never." She got up, before feeling satisfied with the shoes she was wearing now. 

"Okay, return all those boxes where they belong. It would be an inconvenience to the workers if we just left them here, no?" She sweetly smiled, before making her way to purchase her sandals at the counter. 

Jonghyun's mouth twitched. He watched as she strutted away from him. He was left with the boxes of shoes that he had to figure where they originally were placed. 

"Aish, that girl." He groaned before picking up the boxes once again. 

It took him a while to find where they belonged. He even knocked down a stack of boxes from doing so. Gayun had finally finished purchasing her item, and she came back to find him kneeling on the floor. 

"Hurry up! We have more plans." She hurried him. 

He looked up at her with an irritated expression. 

"More plans?" 

"You bet'cha!" She must've been estatic with the fact that she practically enslaved Jonghyun. She felt a substantial amount of power, that she dared to put into use. It was quite satisfying seeing that she was benefiting from this couple charade. Jonghyun rushed to put the boxes back into place. When he finished he silently followed Gayun from behind. She looked back at his sulking expression. 

"Maybe an ice-cream could stop that ugly frown from appearing?" Gayun suggested. 

Jonghyun half-smiled. He loved ice-cream. And he was surprised that it was such a coincidence that she would offer him some, since ice-cream was one of the things that made him feel better. 

"You'll buy?" She nudged. 

He sighed and rolled his eyes. This time he took her hand and lead her to the ice-cream cart. There was an old man working it. 

"Aigoo. What a nice couple we have here. You two are one, eh?" The ahjussi chuckled as he smiled from ear to ear. 

"No." Gayun responded.

"Yes." Jonghyun responded. 

The ahjussi looked at them, confused. 

"I mean...." Gayun glanced at Jonghyun, before looking at the man again. "Yes.. we are." She awkwardly grinned. 

Before they left with their ice-cream in hand, the ahjussi had wished them best regards for their future. He seemed to have felt 
a spark between the two, but Gayun had only laughed at that interpretation. She thought that her and Jonghyun were just massively talented at acting like a couple. 

They walked around for hours, forgetting the fact that they might've had stolen pictures of them together already. From time to time they would be stopped and would be asked by fans if they could get autographs and such. This time Gayun was recieving attention as well, so she didn't mind too much about the constant interruptions. 
Gayun hadn't roamed the streets of Seoul in so long. Because of the constant work with her group, it restricted her from her freedom. She was glad she got to breathe in a fresh air from out-doors, even if it meant having to be with Jonghyun through it. 
Yes, she was still wary and bothered by his presence, but she had secrelty thought of him as someone okay to be with. Don't get her wrong, she dreaded having to be stuck with him in this situation, but she felt that he was getting more and more tolerable as the hour passed. They did all sorts of things in the past hour. From even more shopping, to watching a street magic-show, it was all done in an enjoyable manner. The night had been enchanting. 

They finally reached to a stop in front of their condo complex. Today was a thrill for them. They roamed around carelessly, being almost as intimate as regular lovers. They experienced shopping together and was ever praised by an Ahjussi running an ice-cream cart. They felt that they did well today, and kept hope that they would when it came to broadcasting their relationship. 

"Today was fun!" Jonghyun smiled. "Minus the shoe store scenario, but walking around for once, felt good." He added. 

Before Gayun could respond back, Jonghyun's phone began to ring. He immediately picked up, since it was Manager hyung. 

"Reporters have contacted us. Pictures of you two are all over online, since they were posted by netizens. Good work today." 

"Yeah... Good work, hm?" Jonghyun glanced at Gayun saying so. 

"Anyhow, you two have a good rest. Interviews begin tomorrow and this whole week." 

Jonghyun understood then proceeded to hang up.

"Well, I'm guessing we did well today." Gayun quitely spoke. 

Jonghyun nodded. 

"Now I'm going to go up and freshen up from all the hand holding and intimacy." She shivered. 

She climbed up the steps, but paused in the midst of doing so. She slightly turned her head back as she called for him, 
"Jonghyun." Jonghyun was taken aback. He wasn't so used to her referring to him in that way. It was either Jerk or something insulting. 

"Thank you for today-" She slowly rolled the words off her tongue. "Even if your presence was a bit disturbing." She felt awkward for thanking a bonko like him, but it was the least she could do. Afterall today was actually enjoyable for her. She cleared before continuing up the stairs. 

Jonghyun stood there watching as she made her way in. 

"Gayun-ssi," He shook his head and smiled. "stop acting so cold and just be yourself. It would be easier." He chuckled before going up the stairs himself. It would be a long day tomorrow, and so he had to rest well... on the couch. 






___________________________________________________________________________________________________


hello hello ^o^ 
decided to make a cutesy chapter hehe. 
 

GAH, JONGAYUN (Jonghyun + Gayun's team name) FEELS! 

Take note that, Gayun is still not too open with Jonghyun yet and that today was just one rare occasion of them getting somewhat along~
Heh. You'll get more of sassy Gayun in the chapters ahead >> 

but I hope you enjoyed this update!

Next chapter will consist of the acting in front of the camera! Anticipate!

Thanks so much for your support <3 

Comment & Subscribe! (And UPVOTE if you can ^^)