Chapter 4

Behind the Screens!

"What are you doing? That tie does not suit you. You are not showing up with such lack of fashion choice." Key had begun his nagging, seeing that Jonghyun was being a slop with his attire. It wasn't that he had no sense of style. No, that was not the case. Jonghyun always cleaned well when it came to dressing up for a special event. It was because he didn't feel the need to impress this time, since the meeting, and what was going to happen between him and Gayun was only really to discuss fake business. 
Nevertheless, Key still commanded him to make a good impression of himself. And so he couldn't decline. 

"There you go." Key nodded in approval, now that Jonghyun had changed his tie from purple plaid, to black and blue striped.  

After a sufficient amount of preparation, Jonghyun had finally finished. He walked out of his bedroom and had been immediately greeted by the rest of s. It was as if they hadn't seen him in so long. Or  maybe that they were only giving him a friendly farewell. Afterall, tonight, Jonghyun would no longer be single and would also be entitled as, "Shinee's savior." 

"Hyung, good luck!" Taemin smacked Jonghyun's cheeks as if it would sctually bring him luck. 

The rest of the members bid him good-bye as Manager hurriedly took him out. Jonghyun sat in the passenger seat with a heavy weight on his shoulders. He looked outside of his window dramatically as his Manager began to drive. Silence surrounded the two, but it was soon broken when Manager had finally spoken up. 

"Nervous?" Manager grinned.

Jonghyun continued to look out the window, but didn't fail to answer him.

" In a way, yes. Everything's happening so quickly."

"That's only because, we need to get back on track quickly. it's not so bad, since It helps another group as well." Manager began spilling the benefits of their plan. He went on with convincing Jonghyun of the pros of the situation he was in. Manager had even mentioned, "Who knows? Maybe things could work out, and the two of you could get married in the future." 

Marriage?! Future?! Jonghyun was sweating bullets. He loosened his tie and sat up in a more comfortable position, but he couldn't seem to feel soothed after hearing his Manager's words of  terror. There was only one way out of this. Jonghyun dropped his eyes down to the door- he took a quick look at his Manager who had stopped with his explanations- then to his fortunate surprise his door was unlocked. He slyly took his right hand, that had inched away from his lap and towards the door handle. At right timing, Jonghyun pulled the handle and instantly rolled out of the car.He was left with scars all over him, but he was satisfied with the fact that he had escaped. Suddenly a truck's horn had filled the air and when Jonghyun had looked back-

"Jonghyun!" A familiar voice was heard. "Kim Jonghyun, we've arrived." It was manager Hyung.

As a delayed reaction, Jonghyun jerked back (with a shriek) and shielded his face with his arms. Manager rolled his eyes before dragging him out of the car. He was slightly doubtful that this plan would work out, since he'd realized what big blob of idiot Jonghyun could be. Then again, he kept some faith, knowing that Jonghyun was a determined person. He acknowledged the fact that Jonghyun had his glorious moments, and that he had already did justice to Shinee in other previous cases. The two were steps away from the famcy restaurant. 

When they had entered, a fine-dining type of atmosphere was detected. Everyone was in such formal attire. His eyes immediately began to scan the place. It's likely to imagine that he'd be looking for his soon-to-be-girlfriend, but no. He was checking out the ladies, in their very revealing dresses. A pang of pain was felt at the top of his head. Manager Hyung had smacked Jonghyun for his disrespectful nature. He reminded Jonghyun that he had to behave now that he was in for commitment. Jonghyun pouted as he rubbed the back of his head. He made his way behind his manager, following his direction. Finally they reached a table, which was occupied by one. 

Don't tell me that's her. Jonghyun was in sudden fear seeing that a lady looking like she was in her mid-30s was occupying the table reserved for them. He took his seat, secretly crossing fingers in hopes that she was sitting in the wrong table. Manager Hyung greeted her politely with a bow, and so Jonghyun was obligated to as well. He bit his tongue back just in case any rude remarks would exit out of his mouth. She seemed delighted to see him, but he was too utterly shocked that his partner would be- a Noona? He ended up speaking his mind.

"Park Gayun-ssi. I don't recall you being so..." Jonghyun paused before eyeing the ceiling. He tried to find the word the was most appropriate. "mature?" His eyes landed back at her. 

Manager Hyung revealed his awkward laugh. A laugh that did it's best to fight off his scolding. He looked at Jonghyun with eyes that read, "Are you stupid right now?!" 

"Ah, Jonghyun-ssi. I'm DIAMOND's manager. Gayun-ah is in the bathroom, but she'll arrive back any minute." She explained.

Jonghyun felt himself drenched with foolishness. How could he have feared and make assumptions so carelessly? He nodded and procceded to bow in apology, before slumping in his seat. Manager continued his awkward laugh, and began a brilliant conversation with DIAMAOND's manager. He had to make up for Jonghyun's idiotic behavior. Jonghyun fiddled with his fingers, leaving the two to converse about the plan. 

Moments had passed, and a loud screech was heard. It came from a chair that was being pulled back. A figure plopped into it's seat. To be precise, a female. Jonghyun looked up to find a girl wearing sunglasses. Which he believed was insensible, since there was no sun indoors. He chose not to ruin his image twice by saying any more dumb-filled comments and to just wait for his Manager's instructions. Though something had him look at the female more carefully. it's as if he had seen her somewhere already. Finally she had slowly revealed herself by taking off her glasses. She used her hand to flip her hair off her shoulders and then went back to looking straight at Jonghyun. Or maybe, sending death glares that were shooting right through his skull. 

Jonghyun's eye twitched. What he feared the most was happening. Park Gayun was her.

"YOU!" He stood up from his seat and pointed at her recklessly.

She smirked before replying, "Kim Jonghyun, we meet again."

 

 

                                                                                              ☆  ☆  ☆

 

 

Gayun was treated well by her members. They did their very best with finding the right image for her meeting with Kim Jonghyun. Even if they wished they were in her position, they couldn't help but want to see the outcome of their unnie's insicion. Gayun left the door looking breath-taking. She looked classy, yet in a way that made it look casual for her. Her dress was just the length before her knees, and it was coloured maroon. A color that did justice to her skin tone. Her hair was in waves of curls, that framed her face well. Overall she looked stunning. Stunning enough for her members to be confident that Jonghyun would definitely want to be partnered with her. 

But, they made the wrong assumption.

Gayun had just returned from the restroom. While she was in there, she had an idea to bail and make a run for it back to her dorm. She stared at the mirror hoping she'd fine some strength in her. She rewinded back to the days where she was an actual girlfriend. In an actual relationship. She was extremely happy at the time. Her love life was beyond perfection in her eyes.

She shivered at the partial memory of her past. She shook the thoughts out of her head before confidently going back out. Her eyes were merely pink due to the urging of tears that wanted to fall out. The slightest reminder of that particular memory held so many emotions, all these years, she's been trying to fight off. She took a pair of sunglasses out of her hand bag before putting them on.

By then, Kim Jonghyun was seated right before her. And her vulnerable side found it's way deep inside her once again. She sat down anticipating for anything stupid coming out of Jonghyun. He just sat there looking dumbfounded. Does he not recognise me? Her solution was to remove the sunglasses. And so she did, teasingly. When they were finally off she had finally received a reaction from him. A startled one. 

"YOU!" Who is he to point fingers?!

"Kim Jonghyun we meet again." Gayun smirked.

She stood from her seat and attempted to bow politely. Jonghyun stared at her with eyes that were the size of saucers. He seemed to be captivated by her beauty for a second, but he soon snapped out of it before looking at his manager in disbelief. 

"HYUNG. DO YOU NOT KNOW WHO SHE IS?!" Jonghyun flipped.

Manager sighed before bringing Jonghyun back down to his seat. 

"Oh, my apologies. Park Gayun-imnida." She introduced. 

Jonghyun  glared at her, before wittily commenting, "I know who you are. You're also known as stab-frenzy."

She had a great composure for tolerating his stupidity. She didn't know how much she could hold it in before steamingly calling him out, but she did her best to stay calm. 

"Jonghyun-ssi, I understand your anger. Our Gayun hasn't apologised for her behavior at the time so she will now." Gayun's manager joined in. 

Gayun looked at her, appalled. Was she really expecting her to apologise to the rude bonko? No, she...wouldn't. Afterall, Manager Unnie knew the reason for Gayun's defense!

"Yes, Yes she will. I deserve one. " Jonghyun crossed his arms waiting.

Gayun scoffed. That was her limit. (An awfully small maximum capacity of tolerance, but it was far better than her tolerance level before.) She leaned over and grabbed Jonghyun by the collar. 

"YOU WANT AN APOLOGY?" She took a bread stick out of the bread's basket and began smacking Jonghyun with it. She was filled with such big of a rage that the bread would snap in half each time she'd smack him with it. She was down to five bread sticks...until she was snapped out of her trance. it was only a vision of what she wanted, but couldn't do.

"So that apology." Jonghyun looked at her, still with his arms crossed. 

She clenched her jaw. 

"You'll get it later. Not comfortable with apologies at the moment." She bitterly reasoned. 

Manager looked at her with a disappointed expression. After the awkward atmosphere had taken over, manager Hyung finally decided to return back to reality.

"Let us move on to the business matters, yes?" manager Hyung transitioned. 

"I didn't think I'd have to bring these in the equation, but seeing how badly written your relationship is already, I feel the need to." Manager slid a small, tan box in between the two. Jonghyun and Gayun eyed it suspiciously. 

"Open it. One's for each of you." Each of us?

Jonghyun opened the box to find two keys. Since it was for each of them, Gayun took one for herself.

"What are these for?" Jonghyun questioned. 

"Your manager and I had discussed this beforehand. If you two didn't seem to get along right away, we decided to gift you with these two keys." manager Unnie explained.

Gayun and Jonghyun held the key in the air. They eyed each other's.

"They're similar." Gayun stated. 

"That's because they're exact. Starting from today, you are both ridding your dorm-life and will room together." manage Unnie instructed.

Jonghyun and Gayun's keys fell onto the table, and their jaws down towards the floor. They weren't fully registering their managers' non-sense.

"You're saying... You want us to live together?" Jonghyun's brain had malfunctioned due to the words he had spat out.

Gayun and Jonghyun broke into laughter, but they weren't accompanied by their Managers'. They only looked at them with a serious expression, and when the two had finally caught the seriousness, they winded to a stop with their laughter. 

"This way you two will figure out how to get along. And once you guys are settled, give us a call. We'll arrange interviews and all that." manager Hyung added. 

"HYUNG!"

"UNNIE!"

Jonghyun and Gayun both cried in unison. 

"You signed a contract, Jonghyun." manager Hyung stood up from his seat, preparing to leave. 

"And it's too late to back out with your permanent decision, Gayun." Manager Unnie reminded.

"We expect you two to get along." She added. 

"Here's the address to your condo."Manager Hyung left a mapped out paper on the  table. 

Jonghyun and Gayun remained silent, refusing to believe everything their managers had just said. Soon they were left with only each other, and the first to realise this was Jonghyun. He gulped looking back at the keys and then at the map. Gayun finally snapped out of it as well. 

"You're sleeping on the couch." She grabbed her new key and the map before making her way out of the restaurant.

____________________________________________________________________________________
 

wow. This took forever. Pretty long chapter, eh? LOL. 

Hope you enjoyed the chapter! ^^  See next chapter, how Jonghyun and Gayun survive the first day LIVING together! ;)(:

Comment & Subscribe! <3