Chapter 5

Behind the Screens!

Gayun stormed out of the restaurant. She clutched onto the key and was close to demolishing the map of directions with her strong grip. She was basically left without any transportation. She had mentally cursed her manager for abandoning her with the stupid bonko (who was only steps behind her.) Jonghyun didn't know if it was appropriate timing to walk beside her or not, but he did so either way. He casually brought himself to walk beside her, but she only increased her pace from him. That only made him chase after her more. After the constant attempts of avoiding him, she finally had enough. She stopped in her tracks which halted him as well.

"Why do you keep following me?" She growled at the dependent dino.

At first he had watery, puppy eyes due to hearing her tone, but they soon vanished when he realized who he was actually talking to. He gave her a stern look, before answering, "You heard the managers. From this day until who knows when, we're room mates." 

She rolled her eyes at him. 

"Do you really think that's where I'm heading right now? I'm finding my way back to my dorm." She chuckled with her words. 

Jonghyun begged to differ, "Then why am I sleeping on the couch, hm?" 

"I-I thought about it, and there's no way Manager Unnie would really leave me with someone so-"She paused before looking up, then down at him. "...You."

Jonghyun glanced down on himself too. He wondered why she was being so rude and sassy with him. It's not like he wanted to be stuck in this situation with her, but at least he wasn't showing it as much as he wanted to. Unlike Gayun, who freely showed her disdain for him. 

"Listen, we have to go." He was finally setting things straight. Though, Gayun only disregarded his words. She sighed before continuing her route away from him. Jonghyun was now down to a desperate measure. As much as he wanted to part ways from her, he knew that he was obligated to do his duty as "Shinee's savior." He zoomed towards her and grabbed her wrist, pulling her to the opposite direction. She did her very best to pry his rough hands off her, but it was only a waste of energy. Jonghyun was much more than she could handle. 

"LET. GO. OF. ME!" She used all her might to repel from him completely. Finally she stopped focusing on his grip on her wrist and moved her eyes towards below his waist. Without hesitating, she kicked Jonghyun in his sensitive area. Jonghyun crashed down, groaning at the ferocious contact. She stared at him clutching on to the remains of his manly-hood. (Afterall this wasn't his first time being victimized. there.)

"Hold me against my will again, and it'll be far worse than just a kick." She threatened, before turning on her heel to walk away from the energy-drained dino. 

"Jerk." she muttered under her breath.

Suddenly she felt herself lifted off the ground. Was she levitating just now?! It couldn't be! She felt herself being carried by a strong pair of arms. Gayun shrieked realising that Jonghyun had picked her up to– carry her! He chuckled ignoring the pounding of her fists against his back. 

"Gayun-ssi, you've messed with the wrong dinosaur."

"PUT ME DOWN RIGHT NOW." She demanded. 

"When we get there." He casually responded, still carrying her as if she was a baby that had multiplied in size.  

" GET WHERE?!" 

"The condo." he laughed. 

After a while of navigating his way to their destination, they finally made it to the condo. It didn't look too bad. It was much better than what was expected. (But they were only looking at the outside complex, not the condo itself.) Jonghyun entered (still carrying Princess Gayun~) and immediately headed straight for the elevator. Their room was  located on the fourth floor, according to the paper Manager Hyung had given them. He pushed the button frantically.

"Jerk, put me down right now." Gayun whimpered. As ridiculous as it may sound, she was literally tired of being carried. 

"Only if you promise not to run away." he negotiated. 

Yeah, right. I'm booking it once you set me down, dinohead. Gayun mischievously thought to herself. 

"Whatever. JUST PUT ME DOWN!"

"Okay-" Jonghyun dropped her off him. She didn't necessarily fall, but he could've handled her more gently. She brushed herself off before giving him a deathly stare. Up to now the elevator wasn't arriving. Jonghyun had figured that it was broken. He felt immensely stupid for not seeing the "Out of Service" sign earlier. He turned to his right to find Gayun rushing towards the exit. He gasped before running after her. Before she could escape, Jonghyun wrapped his arms around her waist pulling her back. The tenants who lived there stared at the two—who looked unbelievably idiotic with the scene they were causing. They resembled a zoo trainer taming a wild chimp. Or in this case, maybe a scene from King Kong, where King Kong captured the woman in his hands.

Jonghyun finally returned to carrying her like a big-baby. If the elevators weren't going to work, there was only one way up there. The stairs. Jonghyun took a great look at the horrific stairs. It almost looked endless, but to be exact... He only needed to climb up four stories worth of stairs in order to reach their room. Yes, it didn't sound like such a big deal, but the fact that he had a grown woman in his arms, killing his back, only made it ten-thousand times worse. He blew his bangs out of the way before shooting up the first flight of stairs. He continued, even if Gayun kept screaming her way up with him. The least she could do was shut her yap, but that would only occur with a miracle. Jonghyun was finally at his last set of stairs. He considered just having Gayun walk the rest, but he didn't trust her after breaking her promise earlier. Did she even promise any way? Jonghyun skipped the last three steps with one big step and finally landed onto the fourth floor. Fortunately, their condo was right by the stairs on the left. 

Jonghyun impressively used a single hand to unlock the door. When it was finally open he rushed in to drop Gayun off him once again. He had shut the door behind him before bending down to place his hands on his knees. Sweat covered the sides of his face and he was panting at an unusual pace. 

"YOU ARE SO FREAKING HEAVY." He managed to comment. 

"YOU'RE JUST OUT OF SHAPE." Gayun retorted. 

Before he could further expand the argument, Gayun's gasp prevented him from doing so. He finally payed attention to the condo. It was much glamorous than the outside, if that was possible. He'd suspected that this was the managers' way of rewarding them from what was to come, but the fact that they were sharing didn't seem too satisfactory. The living space was enormous enough to have a yacht full of people, visit. Maybe that's an exaggeration, but it was far more spacious than most 4 bedroom apartments actually. 

Thankfully there were two beds. It was probably predicted by the managers that the two would've argued which one would stay where. So they were equally provided. Though, they had to live with sharing a bathroom. Gayun took a look at the broad closet space. Which was already filled with her belongings. Same with Jonghyun. 

"They've really prepared this for us greatly." Gayun hinted her appreciation. 

"You realize, after giving me a major back ache." Jonghyun plopped himself onto the cozy mattress of the room. Even if there were two beds, they were still put into the same room. Gayun would deal with rules after giving herself a break from everything. She was too tired to function, believe it or not. She stared at the ceiling, as she was laying on her own bed as well. She occupied the left bed, while Jonghyun had the right. They both embraced the comforting feeling of the beds. For a moment there were no distasteful comments, and only silence surrounded them. But a sharp voice hit Gayun's mind telling her to send him away. 

"Enough." Gayun sat up. 

Jonghyun lifted his head up to see her shooting daggers from her eyes. He sat up as well wondering why she had spoken up. 

"What?"

"Get out." She commanded.

"Why?" Jonghyun looked at her like she was chewing goat fur.

"This is my room. Yours is where the couch is." 

Jonghyun had his mouth slightly ajar. Was she being serious right now? There was a reason why they were given TWO beds.

"No. This second bed is not occupied, so I will do the honor." He firmly responded. 

Gayun began throwing pillows at him, not caring if they were denser than a regular pillow. She wanted him out. There was no way that erted jerk was going to room with her. Who knows what he'd do while she was asleep?! 

"YAH!" The dense pillows kept bouncing off his big head. "STOP." He finally caught one of the pillows. She continued to throw whatever was left, but then Jonghyun had decided to charge towards her with the pillow as some shield. He was now on top of her, looking at her with a transparent warning. 

"Stop." He breathlessly spoke. She looked at him with an annoyed expression. He was still on top of her, studying her face. He was very observant and had a well built intuition. He believed that under that tough aura that Gayun had boarded around her, there was a soft, sweet side In her. His observing was cut short since Gayun had pushed him off, which caused him to harshly get thrown to the ground. 

"If you're not getting out, then I will." Gayun stated, before shutting the door. 

She rubbed her temples as she made her way to the couch. 

"No matter how convenient this place may be, I am not staying here with that doofus." She scoffed looking at the door she had just shut. "I've got to go back to the dorm, and figure out how to do the plan differently than from this torture.. As soon as the jerk is asleep, I'll leave." Gayun proudly told herself. 

Jonghyun sat on the floor leaning at the edge of one of the beds. He sighed before looking at the door that was just harshly shut a moment ago. 

"Does she hate me that much?" 

He fiddled with his fingers before deeply sighing this time. He looked up and at the door again

"Gayun-ssi, I'm sorry for before. I hope we could get along so we could just get this over with..." 

"Please bear with me for now." He added, before smashing one of the softer pillows against his face.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

LOL your comments make me so happy ^o^

Thanks so much for your encouraging feedback <3

i hope you liked this chapter! (It's kinda a cliffhanger, since I was supposed to make it longer with Gayun's little devious plan & all) but I decided to save it for next chapter~

Welp, Wait for chapter 6 then ^^

i have so much in store for this story & I'd like you all to journey with Gayun & Jonghyun!

Comment & Subscribe <3