Chapter 6

Behind the Screens!

 I'm feeling extremely generous for a DOUBLE UPDATE! :)(: So enjoy~ 

 

By then, the sky was dim. Jonghyun and Gayun hadn't spoken, nor seen each other since Gayun's dramatic rage from the bedroom. In the bedroom, Jonghyun was asleep on the floor, while leaning on the edge of the bed. It was an odd idea, knowing that there were two heavenly beds he could have taken advantage of. Even so, he was deeply snoozing against the bed trying to forget how stressed out he was.

Gayun had just woken up from a long nap. She had fought her very best to stay awake, but she was too lured into the relaxing feeling of the couch. It was a good thing a voice had coaxed her to waking up, or else she would've foiled her own scheme of ditching the dino. She tiptoed over towards the bedroom to check if Jonghyun was sleeping. She opened it a tad bit, just to see if he was in slumber. To her pleasant expectation, he was. 

"Didn't need to knock him out myself, afterall." She grinned, gently closing the door.

She made her way out and actually had the courtesy to lock the door. A ding had stopped her from walking any further. She was frightened by the sound. It had turned out to be the elevator's signal for arriving. Huh? I thought it was out of service? She recalled the fact that Jonghyun had carried her all the way up to the room. She shivered at the thought. She realized that there was more than one lift. 

"That bird-brain, he didn't even care to look if there were more than one elevator." She chuckled.

When the elevator slid open she found someone had occupied it already. There was something about the person that made her lip quiver. He awfully resembled, him. He was on his phone talking to what it seemed like, a manager? Gayun stood there, dumbfounded. She wanted to go on in, but her feet wouldn't dare move.  Oppa? Her thought helplessly called. Before she could call the familiar stranger, the elevator's door was already sliding closed. Her feet finally cooperated with her thoughts, but it was too late... The elevator was already making it's way down. Gayun felt the need to get over to him. She had to find out if that was really him.

 

Jonghyun groaned feeling his forehead. He looked around not recalling the reason why he was where he was. He got off the floor and entered the bathroom. When he switched the light on, he had gone over to the sink to rinse his face. He finally remembered where he was at. When he got back to the bedroom, he looked at the door to the living room. He opened it, before peeking out to see where Gayun was. His eyes landed towards the couch. It seemed that Gayun was all wrapped up under a blanket. He sighed, walking over to her. Jonghyun thought it was best if they were civil, so they could cooperate better. They needed to be a team in order to pull off the plan correctly. 

"Gayun-ssi." he softly called. 

She didn't respond, so Jonghyun called her a bit louder. After countless amount of attempts of getting her attention, he finally decided to shake her awake. When his hands made contact with her body, he noticed how unusual it felt compared to when he was holding her earlier. He ripped the blanket away from her to find the dense pillows that were thrown at him earlier. His eyes widened, and he soon realized where she had gone. Jonghyun immediately ran out of the room. 

He looked to his left then to his right. He figured she took the stairs down, so that's where he followed. 

"Gayun-ssi!" He announced her name to the world. He hoped not to cause too much of a ruckus, since he worried about being recognized. It wasn't too big of a deal, because Manager Hyung had specifically picked a condo where most celebrities stayed. He was finally down at the lobby area. He spun around trying to find any sign of Gayun. Finally, he recognized a voice.

"Oppa!"

He turned around to find Gayun running towards him. He was frozen in place, because of what was happening. What was happening? Why was she so anxious to see him? Why did she call him Oppa? Just then, Gayun ran past him. Jonghyun stood still again. He was tremendously confused. He turned around to find Gayun running towards a back. It belonged to a man's. She reached for his shoulder, and when the man turned back around. He gave her a puzzled look. Gayun retreated her hand from him. Jonghyun carefully walked towards her. 

"Gayun-ssi, are you okay?" He couldn't help but be concerned after witnessing her actions. 

Suddenly the stranger's manager visited the scene. 

"Himchan, what's going on here?"

The man shook his head and shrugged.

"Oh. Park Gayun?" His manager had recognized the DIAMOND member.

Gayun hadn't figured out what to do at the moment. Frustrated and disappointed, she decided to just go back upstairs. She ran away from the scene as fast as she could. How stupid did she feel right now? More stupid than getting herself into this whole charade with Jonghyun. When she finally got to the fourth floor, she didn't think twice to sulk in the bedroom. She locked the room, before sitting on the bed. 

"How could I have thought that was him?" She blinked the tears away. "They don't even look alike." 

A soft knock was heard at the door. It was Jonghyun. He didn't know how to react to Gayun and her random outbursts. 
What was that all about? He had to know, in order to keep peace between them. All Jonghyun wanted was to do everything his manager had instructed him to do. And he was informed that getting along with her was one of the major instructions there were. 

"Gayun-ssi... Open up. Are you okay?" 

"GO AWAY!" Gayun did her best to keep her voice still. A flood of emotions ran through her. Again, she was brought back to that one memory. Himchan, the guy whom she mistakened to be her first love, somehow reminded her of him. Maybe it was the way he spoke on the phone? She didn't know. There had to be some significant similarity though, if it had her chasing after him.
Jonghyun believed that letting her be alone was the best solution for now. He decided she could stay in the room, while he'd stay put on the couch. It was dark out, but the stars had twinkled. He would wait for Gayun to come out. 

It had been hours, since Gayun had locked herself in the room. It was the crack of dawn and Jonghyun alternated from sleeping to watching the bedroom door. Finally he had heard and seen the door knob being twisted. Right away he acted as if he was fast asleep on the couch. His eyes were shut tight as he heard Gayun's footsteps nearing. Suddenly, he felt something thrown over him. It was something warm and soft? He remained "asleep" and waited for her to do whatever she was planning on doing. 

"As stupid as you are, I didn't think you'd actually run after me like that." He had heard her say. "Ha, what did I say? You would be taking the couch." She scoffed, before returning to the room. 

Gayun felt that he deserved at least the components of what was on the second bed. Afterall, the couch had no blankets for him to use. She decided to do a slight favor. While she was in the room, she had thought about everything. She realized how cold she was to men and she finally knew why. It was because of that first love of her's. Ever since she experienced such traumatic heart-break from him, she always kept an extra barrier against men. And knowing that Jonghyun had already tried to break through that barrier during the party only fueled her minor-hatred for him. She didn't know how long it would last, but for now she'd do her best to lessen her mean treatment towards him. (She couldn't help it though. He was irritable at times.) When she got back to her room, thoughts about leaving the condo were running through her mind again. She decided to push them aside, and actually continue to prove her worth to her dongsaengs. She said it herlself that she could and would conquer Kim Jonghyun. 

Jonghyun sat up from his seat and had felt the blanket Gayun had graced him with. He was shocked that she actually did such a small, kind gesture after all the times she had acted like he was a repulsive being. He mentally thanked her, even if it wasn't so much. It was a start though.  "Gayun-ssi, I think tomorrow would be right timing to call the managers." 


                                                                                ☆  ☆  ☆

 


The next day, Gayun had gotten out of her room and immediately made eye contact with Jonghyun. There was an awkward atmosphere, and it only made it even more awkward that Jonghyun was so huddled up in the blanket Gayun had given him earlier. She cleared before making her way to the kitchen. Jonghyun's eyes followed her. He slowly got up to go to the kitchen as well. He leaned on the counter, watching as Gayun took a glass out of a cabinet. 

"Gayun-ssi." He started. 

She opened the refrigerator. There wasn't so much, but they had the basics to survive. She took out the orange juice and had turned to him without a word. 

"About yesterday-" 

"There was an extra blanket in my room, so I decided to just give it to you. Afterall, I like helping the needy." She scrunched her nose and smiled fakely. 

"No, not that... you running after that guy..." Jonghyun brought up. He didn't know if it was rude to ask, but he did any way. The dinosaur had quite a curiosity. He watched as her face slumped down to a more solemn one. He had caught on that maybe now wasn't the time to discuss that certain situation. 

"Don't worry. I won't tell anyone." He added. 

Gayun looked at him in awe. Did he really mean it? Was he being sincere right now? 

"Really?" She slightly grinned. 

Jonghyun placed his right hand over his heart and pledged, "Of course. Since I am Gayun-ssi's partner, whom she could trust." 

She chuckled at his childness. Jonghyun was glad that he seemed to be making her feel better. Maybe it wasn't impossible for them to get along? 

"Well, now that I feel we could handle tolerating each other..." Jonghyun joked. "maybe it's a good time to call the managers?" He suggested. 

Gayun drank her juice as she nodded in agreement. 

"How good are you at acting?" Jonghyun questioned. 

She shrugged in response.  

Jonghyun walked over to her and took her glass of juice. He chugged down the remains, and after, handed it back to her. 

"Since on-screen, we're together... we're going to have to get used to it." 

She was speechless. She had neglected the fact that there was going to be skin-ship shared between them. Jonghyun walked closer to her and she froze when his mouth was only inches away from her ear lobe. 

"Let's promise one thing..." He spoke softly. "Whatever happens on screen... stays only on screen, arraseo?" 

He stood up again and winked at her. 

She looked dazed, maybe from Jonghyun's hypnotic tone. She shook her head and furrowed her brows. 

"Y-YAH! COME THAT CLOSE TO ME AGAIN AND STAB-FRENZY WILL BE UNLEASHED!" She barked before pushing passed him. 

"I'll go call Manager hyung now!" Jonghyun yelled as she stomped away. Things seemed somewhat better than before, and Jonghyun was going to make sure that Shinee would benefit from his hard work. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________


ok so slight dramatic element put into this chapter. 
(Ft. clueless Himchan!) but who says this is his only appearance in the story? ;)(; 
Jonghyun & Gayun are transitioning to- tolerable acquaintances? heh. 

Thanks for tuning in! 

Comment & Subscribe <3  (And upvote if you can ^^)