Chapter 3

Behind the Screens!

"Indeed- Yes. Yes. Yes. That sounds good. Alright, Thank you." Manager hyung had finally got off the phone with DIAMOND'S Manager. 

 

Shinee members, this time with Jonghyun's attention, waited for the delivery of his announcement. Right when he was about to explain what was to happen, Jonghyun had anxiously stood up from the chair, slamming his fist down. He was heaving as he was exhaling in and out. It was not a pretty scene. 

 

"WHO IS SHE?!" 

 

"Yah! Calm down. I was just about to tell you." Manager rolled his eyes. 

 

   Jonghyun slowly squatted back down into his seat and crossed his arms. If he could only read minds. He would use that advantage to find out who the girl was and if he wasn't interested, then he'd just make a run for it and start a new life as a model named Pablo. Jonghyun shook those thoughts and payed his attention back to his manager.  He couldn't help but be thrilled, yet feel wary about what was happening. He had compared it to the hit show, "We Got Married." The only difference was, they weren't getting married and that it was supposedly "real" to the public. He questioned his acting. How was he going to play a role of being in a relationship when he was never really serious in one? He recalled his player tactics. He didn't know how to commit, so this was surely going to be a challenge for him. He let out a groan realizing that he'd be restricted from prancing around women. 

 

"It is a member from, DIAMOND." 

 

  Jonghyun's eyes widened. He felt suddenly frightened, because of being familiar with the girl group. He remembered the time he'd met them at the party. As always, he was prancing around new groups. And especially, the girl groups. He had found them standing around huddled up together. Since they were new, they weren't so social with the other groups, so they stuck with each other. Jonghyun spotted  a member that had caught his eye. He smirked, before approaching her with a sweet smile. She returned a small smile, while the rest of her group became jittery and excited. He smoothly complimented her and her group and even went personal by saying some sweet things about her. She didn't seem to like his way of words, but she kept silent. After all, Jonghyun was her sunbae. Jonghyun was getting more and more cheesy and to add some flare into his flirting, he decided it was a good idea to slap her . But it was a total different outcome from what he expected. She ended up fuming and taking her 8 inch  stilleto off and jabbing him at an area he'd not want harmed. Jonghyun laid flat on the ground whimpering and groaning, and eventually the paramedics came. He was hospilatized for at least 4 weeks, until he had to force himself to go because of a come-back stage.

    Jonghyun shuddered after having the awful flashback. There was no way he was going to get her as a partner. Oh, no, no, NO. 

Though, that wasn't his choice. He silently prayed for someone else in the group that wasn't her. He didn't even know her name so he couldn't be too sure 

that it wasn't her. All he knew was that she was the leader. Or so, she seemed like she was. 

 

"Which member?" Jonghyun questioned. He looked over at Shinee, who was also in a trance. They seemed to have recalled what had happend to him as well. 

 

"Park Gayun."  

 

Jonghyun smiled to himself.  

 

"Doesn't sound like the horrible girl that caused me pain, so I'll go with it." He proudly stated. 

 

"So when do I meet her?" 

 

"Later." Manager replied. 

 

"So, soon?" Jonghyun whined. He was still thinking about his limited freedom. He wanted to do all sorts of things, but now that he had to be a loyal boyfriend he had to set his old habits aside.  

 

"Either that or your schedule with Shinee is postponed for a month." 

 

Jonghyun shrieked at his threat. 

 

"You wouldn't." He squinted his eyes at his manager and gave him his furious dinosaur look. 

 

"But I would. It's already stated in the contract that you didn't bother to read."  Jonghyun gasped. He regretted signing the contract so easily. He knew he should've been suspicious of the stack of papers that were given to him. 

 

"Fine, but don't expect so much out of me for this meeting."  He blew the air with a sigh. 

 

 

                                                                                             ☆  ☆  ☆

 

 

"KIM JONGHYUN?! THAT BASTARD THAT SAID ALL THOSE CRAPPY LINES TO ME?" Gayun unleashed her flames. 

 

"And also the one you stabbed with a heel." Taro snickered. 

 

Gayun was definitely a hot-head. The littlest nothings could trigger her anger. It was one of the reasons why she was the leader, since she gave great discipline. (Let's also not forget the fact that she's the grandma-figure of the group.) She rubbed her temples as she processed everything correctly. She clenched her jaw realizing the predicament she was in. 

 

"So you're saying... I just agreed... to being Jonghyun's girlfriend?" She bitterly spat. 

 

"Fake girlfriend." Eunjo clarified. 

 

"MANAGER UNNIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Gayun demanded her presence at an instant.  The rest of the girls huddled together, already familiar with their leader's big fit. 

 

"Gayun, if you want to back out-" 

 

"One of us could do it!" Mijung suddenly insisted. 

 

Gayun looked back at her and considered it for a second, until she realized why she even agreed to the whole thing in the first place. She wanted to prove that she was worthy 

to be someone's or that she could handle being with someone. She eyed all of her girls before sighing in defeat. She couldn't surrender now. She had already built enough pride to overcome her disdain for men, just to prove  her girls' wrong.  

 

"Wait, no." Gayun finally spoke. 

 

"I can do this. I was just a little shocked that it was him who was going to be my partner..." 

 

" A little shocked? You shook the whole dorm, unnie." Cherry wittly remarked. 

 

"Tsk. Never mind that. I could handle being a girlfriend. I can conquer Kim Jonghyun." Gayun confidently announced.  

 

The girls' looked at her warily. And their manager unnie even looked with a doubtful expression. She put a hand over Gayun's shoulder. 

 

"This time, no backing out okay?" 

 

Gayun grinned at her. 

 

"Don't worry, I've finally set a permanent decision. And I'll do it." 

 

"That's my girl!" Manager pumped her fist in the air. "Now, girls' I need you to do me a favor and help your Unnie dress up as nicely as possible." 

 

"What for?" Gayun questioned. 

 

"Your first meeting with Kim Jonghyun." She winked. 

 

Gayun's shoulders deflated and the gear that worked her up began to spin again. She had to get used to this, or else she was going to act up each time. She managed to control herself, and look back at her girls. 

 

"You hear that?" She showed an open-mouthed smile,. "Doll me up." 


___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________


Hope you enjoyed this chapter!(: 
A little filler for what's going to happen next. 
So how's their first meeting going to go? 
Anticipate for Chapter 4!(: 

Comment & Subscribe! ^ ^