Chapter 11

Behind the Screens!

A grumbling sound came from the dinosaur's stomach. He ignored it and rolled to his side, continuing to sleep. He was having a dream about being on a cruise full of pretty women. As he dramtically looked beyond the horizon of the sea, he felt a pair of arms wrap around his waist. Jonghyun spread his arms out and sniffed the ocean water as he savored the beautiful moment. He turned his head back to see...Gayun.

His eyes shot open. It was as if they wanted to expand soft-ball size, seeing that Gayun's bed was right by his. Their beds were put together, magically. Or ... Could it be that it was a king-sized bed! He found that her arms were around him. He was at a loss of words. How did she end up being there? Why was she even next to him? He recalled last night and only remembered that he succeeded at having her fall asleep with his singing. He expected to stay in the room, but he hadn't expect to be sleeping beside her so intimately. Gayun's eyes finally fluttered open. When they were finally locked with Jonghyun's eyes, she smiled. She proceeded to give him a peck on the lips. 

"Jonghyun, I want you-" 

Suddenly, Jonghyun felt a smack make a big impact on his head. He groaned at the contact. 

"I WANT YOU TO GET UP AND FEED YOURSELF!" He saw Gayun looking infuriated. 

Omg. Did I just have a dream within a dream? He rubbed his forehead. More like double the nightmare. 

He looked up at Gayun with a confused expression. It took time for him to fully wake up. He didn't understand why she was nagging so early in the morning. 

"What's the fuss?" He yawned. 

"YOUR STUPID GRUMBLING WOKE ME UP, THAT'S THE FUSS!" The complaint in her voice had just pierced Jonghyun's ear drums and so he silently cursed, wiggling his fingers into his ears. 

"Okay, then let's get breakfast." He finally got up making his way to the bathroom.

"Wouldn't it be dangerous walking out so casually together?" She followed him, crossing her arms. 

"More publicity." He shrugged. 

She rolled her eyes in response. 

"Ladies first." She shoved him aside. 

"Tch. Beauty before brains!" He shoved her back. 

They both ended up shoving each other into the bathroom. At least there had been two sinks for them to use. They had to get used to each other's company sooner, or else it would be an every day routine for them to shove each other around. Jonghyun and Gayun were both reaching for their tooth brushes, when suddenly Jonghyun had mischeviously gotten her's before she could. Gayun furrowed her brows at his action. 

"That's my tooth brush." She attempted to retrieve it out of his grasp. She only failed due to his arm length. He had the tooth brush far from her reach. 

"I'll put tooth paste on it for you, yeobo." He cheekily smiled. 

She watched him as he skilfully placed the tooth paste on to her tooth brush. She softly smiled, glad that he was acting like her servant. Even if he did win the bet, she was still getting service out of him. Jonghyun then abruptly placed the tooth brush in his mouth scrubbing his teeth with... Gayun's cleaning instrument. She shrieked in response. Jonghyun opened his mouth wide for her to see. He left no spot untouched. He ignored her rough smacks, and had laughed it off as he spit into the sink. He set the tooth brush down for her to retrieve. 

When he got up again, he found Gayun fuming her way to the toilet. With a tooth brush in hand.

 

His tooth brush. 


"YAH, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" He panicked. 

"I'm going to make you taste your own medicine.... Toilet bowl flavor." She smirked as the tooth brush made a plop into the toilet. 

"Now go get it, or else." She glared. 

Jonghyun gulped before crossing his arms. 

"I don't need it." 

She rolled her eyes before stomping her way up to him. She harshly pulled his ear for his head to meet her height. Gayun sent him a deadly glare this time. 

"I'm giving you a chance to get it out with your hands. Don't make me have you bob for your tooth brush out of the bowl." She threatened. 

This time he didn't want to risk it, so he made his way to the toilet. He bent down and took a deep breath before getting his tooth brush out of the bowl.  

"There." He cringed before throwing the tooth brush into the sink. She ordered him to place it back where the tooth brushes had belong. 

"Watch you forget that it even fell in the toilet." She confidently remarked, before deciding to just rinse with mouth wash. 

"Not even." He scoffed. Don't forget. Don't forget. Don't forget. 

                                     
                                                                                   ☆  ☆  ☆

After their odd morning together, Jonghyun and Gayun had finally gotten ready for their breakfast together. Before leaving, they made a quick phone call to Manager hyung, who had approved of their outing. They had to stay low-key though. So they had worn outfits that weren't to revealing of their identity. 

 

They made their way down. Gayun finally pointed out to him that the elevator was working. And that's when he felt struck with 
foolishness once again. When the elveator slid open, there was a young man fashionably wearing what it seemed like pink cotton candy on his head? No. It was only his hair dyed pink. Nevertheless, he was still handsome. He immediately looked at Gayun as if she was familiar. Jonghyun walked in casually, while Gayun had followed from behind.

"You two are the new couple!" The young man pointed at the two with a big smile. 

Jonghyun and Gayun nodded. 

"My hyung was talking about how he had an encounter with you." He specifically spoke towards Gayun. 

"Oh?" Gayun pointed to herself. 

He smiled and nodded. 

"Himchan hyung would kill me if he found out I said this... but he wouldn't stop fanboying over how cute you were." 

"Fanboying?" Gayun blushed. "Cute, I was?" She squeaked. 

Jonghhyun butted in. 

"You're a B.A.P member?"

"The maknae, yessir. I'm Zelo, hyung-nim." He introduced. 

Jonghyun nodded. He then turned to look at Gayun, who seemed to be carried on fluffy clouds. He rolled his eyes. How could 
one mention of that Himchan have her change her attitude so quickly? 

"We get off here." Jonghyun pulled Gayun's wrist and made their way out. 

"Bye, Gayun noona. You should visit us on the fifth floor sometime!" He waved. 

"Okay!" She smiled. When the elevators slid closed, Gayun started prancing around Jonghyun. She didn't know why she felt so overly thrilled. 

That's when she blurted, "Himchan-ssi thinks I'm cuuuuuuuuuuteeeee!" 

Jonghyun sighed, waiting for her to finish. Gayun wondered herself why she was so estatic hearing her being mentioned by him. 
For the first time, in years, she's been excited over the littlest nothings dealt with a man. It felt like she was having her first huge crush all over again. Times like this, Gayun missed her teenage years. She forgot how mushy and bitterly sweet it was when it came to  crushing on someone.

"Fifth floor. He said fifth floor, right?" She stopped and questioned to herself. 

"You can't go." Jonghyun stiffly told. 

"And why not!" She rebellously answered.

"Because boyfriend has to be a good one. Or else Manager will cancel boyfriend's schedule activites. Means no pay." He informed. 

"But-" 

"Let's go eat, now." He held the door open for her. " My stomachs been growling, but you're too busy prancing around over a silly crush." He clicked his tongue. 

Gayun poked her tongue out to him as she surpressed her excitement. 


                                                                                           ☆  ☆  ☆

The two picked a place where not a lot of people were dining at. It was morning, and a week day so there wouldn't be much people in the cafe they decided to eat in. They chose to sit indoors, afraid of being known by people from outside. Though, the workers did recognize them. It was fortunate that they acted professional about it. As they waited for their breakfast orders, Jonghyun began to converse with her. He strived for more information about her. Even if it had been days, since theyve actually worked together, he felt that he did know her somewhat well already. Though, he wanted to know even more to expand his knowledge of her. 

"What's your ideal type, Gayun-ssi?" 

Gayun looked up from the game she was playing on her phone and at him. 

"Why?" 

Jonghyun shrugged.

"We ordered a lot." He smiled. 

They did order tons. The dino's been growling during his sleep and up to now, so one couldn't critcize the amount of food they were to consume. 

"I tend to like guys who are around the same age, maybe a year older." She paused before tapping her chin and looking above. Jonghyun watched her carefully. He noticed how her concentrated face looked pretty. Mostly, when girls are in a concentrated zone, they look as if they're constipated, but with Gayun she was an exception. 

"Having a nice smile lures me, as well." She nodded. "Also, if he's kind and had a jokeful personality."


She also added, "Someone I can let my inner self out to." 

She is so describing me~

"Someone who has the ability to make me hate them for being on my mind so randomly. Like... if they leave a remarkable impression." She sighed. 

Me~

"I'd say someone like, Himchan-ssi." 

Jonghyun's eyes flew up to her, while his confidence had just plummeted. 

"You seem to like him." He playfully teased. 

"It's just a mere crush. I don't even know him." She explained. 

"An awfully big crush already. Don't forget who you belong to... according to the publics' eyes!" Jonghyun pre-warned. 

She rolled her eyes and nodded. 

"How about you?" 

"What about me?" He placed his cheek on his palm and looked at her. His stomach was madly growling. 

"What's your ideal type?" 

The answer to that question never seemed to show up in his mind. It never occured to him what his type was. He didn't know how to respond, so he honestly gave her his answer. 

"I've been with countless amount of girls." He tried toning down his cocky side. "And well, I've never really stuck to one type. They were all different." 

"So you don't know?" 

"I guess I haven't found her yet." He shrugged. 

"Well, when you do... You have to introduce me to her, so I could give her the basics at how to manage you. You're a nice guy, so you can't be taken advantage of, okay?" She poked his chest.

Jonghyun's heart warmed up, either to the feeling of her finger landing right where his heart was, or the fact that she was showing her protective side of him. Gayun seemed to have been used to him already. Which could be considered a good thing. Gayun was the type to be attached right away. When DIAMOND was first formed, she already predicted them to be as close as they are today. 

The waiter had finally shown up, accompanied by the feast that was about to be served. Jonghyun watched as she anxiously anticipated for the waiter to finish setting the meals down. 

Gayun-ssi, I hope you'll be able to meet her. I hope to be friends for a long time. 


                                                                                           ☆  ☆  ☆

"Oh, Manager hyung?" Jonghyun picked up his cellphone. By then, Gayun and Jonghyun had finished breakfast. They felt they were going to break from their feast. 

"Where are you two right now? I told you not to get too noticed." 

"We're in a cafe right now, why?" 

"Pictures have been reported that you two are there. You need to get out quickly and go home."

"What?" Jonghyun got out of his chair quickly. "We'll get out now. Thank you." 

Gayun was surprised at him bolting up. 

"Gayun-ssi we need to get out. Before fans mob us." He hurriedly explained. 

"I'll go pay real quick." He rushed to the counter. 

"Why is he so panicked?" She looked at him weirdly. 

Suddenly she saw a huge rush of fan girls running over towards the cafe.

"Uh, Jonghyun..." She was frightened at the scene. It was like a tsunami of fans making their way in. 

Jonghyun grabbed her hand and immediately pulled her out of the door with him. 

"Gayun-ssi. Time to-" 

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! OPPA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" 

"RUN!" Jonghyun ran with Gayun along with him. They didn't look back, since they could tell (by their incoherent screams)  if they were near or not. 
And heck, they were on their tail. 

"Oppa, why must you date a wretch like her!" A fan cried. "She's no good! Just look at her! You can do much better!" Harmful comments were thrown in the air. And it continued as the two kept running from the herd of jealous, crazed girls. 

"BREAK JONGAYUN! BREAK JONGAYUN!" The fans were literally going to break the two apart in terms of taking Jonghyun away from her hold and verbally harming Gayun with their harsh comments about her. 

Gayun was already feeling bad. She was called a wretch. And worse, she thought it made her feel pathetic that fans were implying that she wasn't good enough for a guy like him. The fans were starting to loose their trail as Jonghyun hadn't stopped dragging Gayun along. She was already worn out from the escape on feet. They stopped at a secluded alley way and hid as the fans continued their running straightly. Jonghyun was mostly panting, while Gayun couldn't help but feel a little disappointed. Even if they were at success as showcasing their fake relationship, it wasn't a success getting the fans' full support. Gayun hadn't thought of that outcome. 

She sighed making her way out of the alley, leaving Jonghyun to his short break. 

"Gayun-ssi, are you okay? You were running in heels..." He noticed. 

Gayun didn't answer him. She was in a frustrated mood. She felt like blowing up into tears. Gayun may have showed off her tough side, but deep down she was as vulnerable as a regular female with growing issues. She didn't know how to deal with hatred, because she had never experienced it happening to her.

Well, so far she hadn't.. until today. 

"You want me to call Manager Hyung-" Jonghyun paused and leaned forward to look at her. "Are you crying?" 

Gayun shook her head. 

"It's just sweat from all the running." She chuckled. Aish, stupid emotions! Why are you even acting up? 

"Gayun-ssi..." 

Gayun couldn't hold it in any longer.

"Jonghyun, do you think if we keep this up... your fans will hate me and I'll end up being a hated idol?" She sniffled. 

Jonghyun felt as if he was seeing a young elementary student crying, because of being placed second for top student or some sort. He found it precious that she was so worried about her image, and that she wanted to keep people constantly happy by being careful with how she acted. He stood in front of her and wiped her tears. 

"Every idol has anti-fans." He continued to caress the tears away from her cheeks. "But that doesn't mean the true fans are going to abandon you for them. Don't forget that you're also loved." He smiled. 

She looked up at him. 

"So they won't all turn against me for decieving them like this?" 

Jonghyun pulled her in for a tight embrace. He felt that it was an appropriate time for this type of intimacy. It wasn't for publicity, nor for skinship purposes, but to comfort her when she needed it most. 

He hesitated to say something, but it's known for a fact that Jonghyun was the type to speak his mind.


"I've never mentioned this, but the real reason why I approached you at the party was because...I was a fanboy. And even though you hurt me all those times and that you're playing the decieving game with me now... " He embraced her even tighter.

"I still stay as a fan of you, Park Gayun. Nothing will change that, because I'm a true fan." 


__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

:) 

Comment & Subscribe <3