Chapter 2

Behind the Screens!

 


Rookie group, DIAMOND, had a stress-free day. They were finally blessed with a day-off. With the constant practicing for upcoming showcases, they had lack of sleep and rest. The five feminists decided to push the sleep aside and talk about their ideal men. Gayun, on the other hand, rather sleep.  She was the least feminine out of the five, yet she was the oldest.

“Unnie! Don’t die on us now! Join our talk.” Cherry, the maknae of the group, gleamed. 

Gayun only responded with a snore.

The four other members pouted at their leader. They understood that elders needed and wanted their sleep more, and with that thought in mind, they all giggled in unison.

“Infinite! Ah, those oppas are so handsome.”

“Especially, L!” Eunjo squealed.

Ah, these girls are so loud. Gayun smacked a pillow over her head to cover the childishness going on. She grinned as she finally found the solution.  Somehow, the girls’ had increased their voices in volume. Gayun ended up tolerating it for a while, but it got out of control when the shrieks had finally pierced her ear drums. She was going to make an initiative to shut them up, when she heard her name being mentioned.

“Who would Gayun Unnie look good with?” Mijung curiously brought up.

“Eh, I don’t feel like she’s into those things. I can’t really see her dating.” Taro had commented.

Gayun  silently gasped from under the pillow. How could they have thought she wasn’t capable of liking men? Or even, be with one? She continued to eavesdrop more. 

“The day she is paired with someone is the day I’ll believe anything’s possible.” Cherry pledged with her hand over her heart.

Suddenly the phone rang in the girls’ dorm. It was usually Gayun, or the manager who answered, but Gayun didn’t want to suddenly bolt up to answer. At the moment, she wanted to portray as if it was a coincidence that she did all that they had spoke of. Correct, Gayun planned to prove her dongsaengs wrong about their predictions of her. She would show that she is capable of being partnered with someone.

It was the manager who had answered the phone. She seemed to have that interested tone in her voice. After the phone was dropped back to its place, the manager had announced that there was good news.

“Unnie, wake up!” Cherry shook Gayun.

Gayun nonchalantly got up and acted as if she had just woken up.

“Girls. This is our chance to be more known nation-wide.” The Manager had gleefully explained.

“I need one of you to be a fake girlfriend for Shinee member, Kim Jonghyun.” All of the girls, as if on cue, shrieked in such high notes that their windows might’ve been broken on the spot. They raised their hands as if they were swaying in an audience for a concert.

“I’ll do it.” Gayun flatly responded.

The girls’ stopped their actions and jerked their head towards Gayun. Their jaws dropped, and even the manager’s.

“Gayun did you hear me?”

“Loud and clear. You need one of us to be the girlfriend of Shinee member, Kim Jonghyun.” She imitated her manager’s announcement.

“I could handle such a job, and since I’m the leader I feel the need to do it.” Gayun added.

Manager blinked a couple of times and shook her head. She was shockingly impressed with Gayun’s effort for the group. She smiled and went back to call Shinee’s manager.

Gayun looked back at her members.

“Unnie… what’s going on with you? Are you sick?” Eunjo ran up to her and felt her forehead.

Gayun slapped her hand away in annoyance.

“Why not volunteer? After-all it is-“

“Kim Jonghyun.” They all flatly replied.

“What’s so bad about him?” Gayun confidently chuckled.

“Don’t you remember the party we attended with a whole bunch of other kpop-groups?”  Mijung began the reminder.

“And how that one guy hit on you and literally hit you on the ?” Taro further explained.

“That was Kim Jonghyun.” Cherry finished it up. 

Gayun took a moment to recall. And when she did, she flipped.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Double update!(: 
Thought I needed to!
Anyways, Thank you to whoever's reading. 
Comment & subscribe! 

<3 - icandileech